ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was Alex's hair, it must have been very short. OTOH, Lori's would be quite long.
It may not have been head hair at all.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I've handled significant lengths of duct tape or packaging tape, it's a menace, and usually ends with at least some of my arm or leg hair attached to the box, rather than myself, due to an impromptu, unintentional 'wax'.

I'd imagine they'll be looking hard for fingerprints on that tape, too. Tape, whether the shiny or sticky side, is a fantastic medium for retaining fingerprints.

MOO

then it is likely to be L's or A's. This in and of itself, I suppose excludes C from the murder but not the conspiracy to commit murder. I can see why JP wanted an open court if the hair does not belong to his client (rather short sighted though IMO).

Well- it does not put Chad in a position of explaining how that hair got there- but if his hair is not there, it could mean he was more careful than the shedder.

If it is Chad's hair, he could claim it was part of framing him.

That's why I think this evidence is a lot of nothing. The coconspiritors were always smearing DNA on one another. (I meant it as gross as it sounds.)

Still- whatever comes up, I think we will find that that there is a tremendous amount of banging on tables by both defense teams- as Laughing predicted.

MOO

Edited to acknowledge Shadow's excellent point about the nature of duct tape and the reality that hair exists all over the body. A hair that is in a place that is less likely planted- such as one plucked from the body by the tape, is more interesting.

Re
<snipped for focus>

MOO
Well- it does not put Chad in a position of explaining how that hair got there- but if his hair is not there, it could mean he was more careful than the shedder.

If it is Chad's hair, he could claim it was part of framing him.

That's why I think this evidence is a lot of nothing. The coconspiritors were always smearing DNA on one another. (I meant it as gross as it sounds.)

Still- whatever comes up, I think we will find that that there is a tremendous amount of banging on tables by both defense teams- as Laughing predicted.

MOO

Edited to acknowledge Shadow's excellent point about the nature of duct tape and the reality that hair exists all over the body. A hair that is in a place that is less likely planted- such as one plucked from the body by the tape, is more interesting.
I imagine any hair that withstood decomposition fluid — assuming it came from duct tape used on poor little JJ’s body — would have to have been fairly substantial to begin with.

Re

I imagine any hair that withstood decomposition fluid — assuming it came from duct tape used on poor little JJ’s body — would have to have been fairly substantial to begin with.
They've found intact hair in Iron Age burials. With bog bodies. Rameses II has a full head of hair - relatively - he has male pattern baldness. Google him - he doesn't just have scalp hair, he's got eyebrows, eyelashes. A testament to the skill of embalmers three and a half thousand years ago. Hair is how they IDed Somerton man, recently, from hair stuck in the plaster of Paris death mask they made of him before burial. Hair is more robust and persistent than you'd think.

Also, if this hair was found on tape, what's to say it wasn't between two overlapping wraps of tape? Then, it might well be as clean as a hair mounted on a glass slide. It'd be encapsulated between tape and glue, and may not have been touched by decomposition at all.

MOO

Thursday, March 2nd:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 54) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial set to begin on 4/3/23 thru 6/9/23 @ 9am. Trial will be held in Ada County. (will last 10 weeks)
Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 2/23/23 reference post #477 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-24

2/23/23 Update: see link above for rest of hearing. A status conference has suddenly been scheduled for Monday, 2/27/23 @ 2:30pm in the Vallow/Daybell case. During yesterday's hearing, prosecutors said they were expecting DNA evidence back that very day.
2/27/23 Update: Daybell & Vallow appeared via Zoom, also defense attorney John Prior on Zoom. Prosecutors Lindsey Blake, Rob Wood & Rachel Smith were in attendance along with Jim Archibald & John Thomas. Shortly after the proceedings started, Judge Boyce said the new report may or may not be admitted into evidence. Because of that, he called for a portion of the hearing to be held privately without members of the public as it would prejudice a jury. Attorney Prior objected to the hearing begin closed. Judge Steven Boyce said the purpose of the hearing is to discuss a report about the DNA evidence. Judge Boyce says the State just received a report today, 2/27/23 on DNA evidence & because of that, today's hearing is continued until Thursday, 3/2/23 @ 9:30am. The next hearing scheduled in the case is a pretrial conference on 3/9/23.

ALSO:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 9:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 49) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted & charged (5/25/21) & re-arraigned (4/19/22) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). Plead not guilty. DA will seek DP.
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Resisting or obstructing LE, solicitation of a crime & contempt of court. All charges were dismissed on 1/3/22.
Madison County
Trial set to begin on 4/3/23 thru 6/9/23 @ 9am. Trial will be held in Ada County.

Arrest & Grand Jury & Competency & Court info from 3/5/20 thru 2/23/23 reference post #477 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-24

2/23/23 Update: See link above for rest of hearing. A status conference has suddenly been scheduled for Monday, 2/27/23 @ 2:30pm in the Vallow/Daybell case. During yesterday's hearing, prosecutors said they were expecting DNA evidence back that very day.
2/27/23 Update: Daybell & Vallow appeared via Zoom, also defense attorney John Prior on Zoom. Prosecutors Lindsey Blake, Rob Wood & Rachel Smith were in attendance along with Jim Archibald & John Thomas, Vallow’s defense attorneys. Shortly after the proceedings started, Boyce said the new report may or may not be admitted into evidence. Because of that, he called for a portion of the hearing to be held privately without members of the public as it would prejudice a jury. Prior objected to closing the hearing. Judge Steven Boyce said the purpose of the hearing is to discuss a report about the DNA evidence. Judge Boyce says the State just received a report today, 2/27/23 on DNA evidence & because of that, today's hearing is continued until Thursday, 3/2/23 @ 9:30am. The next hearing scheduled in the case is a pretrial conference on 3/9/23.
*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow (62).
Reference post #334: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-17

There are some alarming comments but I didn't want to hijack your twitter feeds @Gardenista but also know you're hanging out over at the AM trial

This was in response to JA stating he received just days ago interviews from witnesses and the FBI recorded in 2020

The state is arguing that it gave the majority and "bulk" of evidence to the defense on time. Judge Boyce responded, "These are capital charges - are the defense not entitled to all of the disclosure? They are entitled to all evidence - not the bulk or majority.”

There are some alarming comments but I didn't want to hijack your twitter feeds @Gardenista but also know you're hanging out over at the AM trial

This was in response to JA stating he received just days ago interviews from witnesses and the FBI recorded in 2020

The state is arguing that it gave the majority and "bulk" of evidence to the defense on time. Judge Boyce responded, "These are capital charges - are the defense not entitled to all of the disclosure? They are entitled to all evidence - not the bulk or majority.”
I seem to remember that the state was (fairly recently - say this year) ordered to hand these over because they assumed if it was FBI interviews it was a different agency and not within their own disclosure duty, or something like that. Think I heard that in a Lori Hellis video.

Kaitlyn Hart - Reporter

@NewswithKait
·
16m

Boyce - "It appears to me as it’s been disclosed that there is something there - it is DNA evidence, it came directly from a crime scene, and it’s indicative of unknown persons that could further be identified through additional testing."

Kaitlyn Hart - Reporter

@NewswithKait
·
12m

Boyce having a discussion with the state during their argument- “Isn’t the best remedy here to allow time for testing, so we don’t have to delve into speculation about what all of this evidence is?"

Kaitlyn Hart - Reporter

@NewswithKait
·
9m

Judge Boyce says if the trial gets continued, it likely won't start until close to the end of the year - if that.

Lori's lawyer - Jim Archibald is agreeing with John Prior - “If my client waived her right to a speedy trial, I would also be asking for more time, but since she has held that right and held it close to her, I have to respect the constitutional autonomy that she has.”

Remember a few days ago when people were blasting Prior for his complaints about the state withholding evidence and the lack of disclosure? From how this is unfolding, it's beginning to look like it was justified.

The state may have put themselves in a box. Not sure how they can go to trial in Apr WITHOUT having evidence available (that might prove beneficial to defense). Now Lori's demands for a speedy trial become very problematic, since this seems to be a looming delay of significant length that has been entirely caused by the state's lack of due diligence.

Remember a few days ago when people were blasting Prior for his complaints about the state withholding evidence and the lack of disclosure? From how this is unfolding, it's beginning to look like it was justified.

The state may have put themselves in a box. Not sure how they can go to trial in Apr WITHOUT having evidence available (that might prove beneficial to defense). Now Lori's demands for a speedy trial become very problematic, since this seems t be a looming delay that is entire caused by the state.

I've stated numerous times prior, I think many of people are going to be looking at this case and what went wrong for many years. I fear justice won't be served. I hope I'm wrong.

I also think JB created a lot of this mess. He only recently started controlling this case.

Kaitlyn Hart - Reporter
@NewswithKait
·
16m

Boyce - "It appears to me as it’s been disclosed that there is something there - it is DNA evidence, it came directly from a crime scene, and it’s indicative of unknown persons that could further be identified through additional testing."

Kaitlyn Hart - Reporter
@NewswithKait
·
12m

Boyce having a discussion with the state during their argument- “Isn’t the best remedy here to allow time for testing, so we don’t have to delve into speculation about what all of this evidence is?"

Kaitlyn Hart - Reporter
@NewswithKait
·
9m

Judge Boyce says if the trial gets continued, it likely won't start until close to the end of the year - if that.
Please- Don't let this be a JonBenet 2.0

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members