ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think Boyce has been working at a reasonable pace. You don't want anything quick and off the cuff, but rather a response that is well-reasoned and legally sound to the nth degree.

This case is incredibly complex (layered with multiple defendants being tried together, multiple victims, issues of crazy and incompetency, delays that risk legal dismissal, issues with evidence, DNA testing complexities, religious freedoms and wild beliefs, and more). On each and every motion, he has to take time to be careful and precise and get it right the first time, and can't miss addressing anything - and in the proper manner - because if he does, he opens the door to these killers walking free.

During the trial, rulings will have to be much quicker. But for now, when he has some extra time, you want him to take it to be sure and get it perfect. IMO

BBM- I think JB is genuinely now (and more recently) trying to right the ship. However, I think some of his rulings have caused several of the issues he's now trying to get his arms around. This is a very tough spot for him to be in. It would appear on the surface that JP has a legitimate complaint. You've already denied LV her right to a speedy trial. The state doesn't appear to have done anything to help their case in a long time.

"...discuss a report that was received Thursday evening about DNA evidence returned to the prosecutors that day. ..."

IIRC the prosecution on FRIDAY said they were still waiting for DNA results, and would be sharing them with defense when they were received.

Do we dare speculate that they already had it PRIOR to the Friday hearing, and had not turned it over, and lied to the court? I would hope not.

Prior objected to this being a closed hearing.

Unlikely that it's Chad's hair.

Although that would be rich if it were- Mr. clean hands- wondering what he's doing in the pokey when he'd be no more guilty of murder than God himself- if Abraham slayed Isaac.

MOO

Prior objected to this being a closed hearing.

Unlikely that it's Chad's hair.

Although that would be rich if it were- Mr. clean hands- wondering what he's doing in the pokey when he'd be no more guilty of murder than God himself- if Abraham slayed Isaac.

MOO

Prior has objected numerous times about the closed hearings. The lack of transparency in this case and the amount of closed door meetings/sealed documents, etc...is absurd. Hopefully, they'll at least make sure the mics are working for trial. I suppose JB could just let the public know the verdict and reassure the public that they should have faith in the judicial system.

Prior has objected numerous times about the closed hearings. The lack of transparency in this case and the amount of closed door meetings/sealed documents, etc...is absurd. Hopefully, they'll at least make sure the mics are working for trial. I suppose JB could just let the public know the verdict and reassure the public that they should have faith in the judicial system.

Prior was the one who refused to actually be audible in the preliminary-

I'm not buying any of what he's selling.

He's full of it- wanting to rush the trial when it suited him- wanting to delay the trial because it suits him now-

Taking over where Means left off pretending it's the States job to do his research-

It's one way to defend your client I suppose when you don't have facts on your side- and I'm not surprised he's playing games and I am not sure I fault him for it-

But playing games he is.

I don't see this objection on his part noble or principled in the least- save for the principle of using every tool you have, howsoever dull, to defend your client.

Noteably, Lori's attorneys are not objecting to this hearing being closed; evidently they agree it could prejudice a jury.

MOO

He's full of it- wanting to rush the trial when it suited him- wanting to delay the trial because it suits him now-

Taking over where Means left off pretending it's the States job to do his research-

It's one way to defend your client I suppose when you don't have facts on your side- and I'm not surprised he's playing games and I am not sure I fault him for it-

But playing games he is.

I don't see this objection on his part noble or principled in the least- save for the principle of using every tool you have, howsoever dull, to defend your client.

Noteably, Lori's attorneys are not objecting to this hearing being closed; evidently they agree it could prejudice a jury.

MOO
bbm

Reminds me of that old defense attorney truism/proverb:

When the law is on your side -- pound the law.

When the facts are on your side -- pound the facts.

When neither is on your side -- pound the table.

imho, both sets of attorneys are gonna pound that table whenever possible.

But playing games he is.

MOO
BBM - what might benefit one client may not benefit the other.

Is the DNA important? What is its relevance? If it is a hair, where was it found? In and of itself, it doesn't seem important to me in the scheme of things.

seems to have been stuck in the duct tape that was wrapped all over JJ.
then it is likely to be L's or A's. This in and of itself, I suppose excludes C from the murder but not the conspiracy to commit murder. I can see why JP wanted an open court if the hair does not belong to his client (rather short sighted though IMO).

Any "time" on the hearing on 3/2/23?

TIA! :)

The next hearing will be held Thursday at 9:30 a.m. local Idaho time.

then it is likely to be L's or A's. This in and of itself, I suppose excludes C from the murder but not the conspiracy to commit murder. I can see why JP wanted an open court if the hair does not belong to his client (rather short sighted though IMO).
If it was Alex's hair, it must have been very short. OTOH, Lori's would be quite long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95