ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much secrecy is involved within the LDS faith? Is secrecy important to the church?
Whoa Nelly, I could not even begin to describe to you. It's secrets all the way down.

Source: my whole freaking life being raised in the church to the age of eighteen and still having most of my direct family active members.

I guess the people who learned from Chad and his stolen necklace that they were Nephi or Isaac's mother or Joseph, father of Jesus, Maroni's nanny and stuff like that.....They could be decent jurors from his point of view- unless they have now realized that they lost their marriages and life savings and the world didn't end after all.

MOO
There are probably not many Chad's disciples in Ada County, which is also not predominantly Mormon. Chad's attorney would prefer a non-LDS jury, that's why he filed for the venue change.

I must say that I am eagerly awaiting the young Daybells' testimony. I suppose it is just barely possible that their opinion of CD as a wonderful, kind, loving, etc etc family man and pillar of the community may have some merit to it. And perhaps it was true once. But sadly I think those days are long gone. And although it may be true that CD was caught in the evil snares of LV, that does not absolve him of any blame at all, IMO. And the young D's claims annoy me, to be frank. I would have a bit more respect for CD (but not much) if he admitted everything, repented, and begged for forgiveness.
Chad's children also believed that their father was a visionary. After Tammy's death he told them that she was busy on the other side of the veil. Chad was fooling his own family for a long time; IMO he now believes he can fool a jury and walk free. Admitting to his crimes would likely mean life without parole for him.

I must say that I am eagerly awaiting the young Daybells' testimony. I suppose it is just barely possible that their opinion of CD as a wonderful, kind, loving, etc etc family man and pillar of the community may have some merit to it. And perhaps it was true once. But sadly I think those days are long gone. And although it may be true that CD was caught in the evil snares of LV, that does not absolve him of any blame at all, IMO. And the young D's claims annoy me, to be frank. I would have a bit more respect for CD (but not much) if he admitted everything, repented, and begged for forgiveness.
It was his dumbnuttery that pulled her into his orbit, not the other way around, IIRC. But yes, you’re making lots of good points about the dynamic of his relationships within the unique community in which he traveled, especially the origins of his megalomania. Which came first, the god delusion or the worshippers?

Last edited:
Whoa Nelly, I could not even begin to describe to you. It's secrets all the way down.

Source: my whole freaking life being raised in the church to the age of eighteen and still having most of my direct family active members.

I've heard many members (or former members) describing certain topics being "put on a shelf" which means these topics are not discussed. But, what type of secrets are you raised to keep (aside from the shelf-sitting topics)? Are there certain ages or levels that you'll be enlightened to the secret ceremonies, etc??

'Sorry for all the questions but TIA for any answers you can provide.

ETA: Is the church more concerned about keeping things secret within their church members or away from non-believers?? Are rituals, tokens and signs considered super sacred? And, when are you given a new name and who is allowed to use that name to identify you?

Last edited:
I've heard many members (or former members) describing certain topics being "put on a shelf" which means these topics are not discussed. But, what type of secrets are you raised to keep (aside from the shelf-sitting topics)? Are there certain ages or levels that you'll be enlightened to the secret ceremonies, etc??

ETA: Is the church more concerned about keeping things secret within their church members or away from non-believers?? Are rituals, tokens and signs considered super sacred? And, when are you given a new name and who is allowed to use that name to identify you?

Some good questions there that I'd like to know answers to too. Maybe some are secrets hidden from outsiders though that will never be told.

It’s actually pretty off topic to talk about it here I think. But as a former member of 40+ years I’m willing to answer your questions if you want. Most answers to your questions are google-able.

It’s actually pretty off topic to talk about it here I think. But as a former member of 40+ years I’m willing to answer your questions if you want. Most answers to your questions are google-able.

You're probably right (the answers are likely OT here). Many thanks for offering your help but I'll just google to keep us both out of trouble. ;)

I wasn't raised in a church/faith that had sacred secrets that's why it's puzzling and intriguing to me.

Last edited:
I guess the people who learned from Chad and his stolen necklace that they were Nephi or Isaac's mother or Joseph, father of Jesus, Maroni's nanny and stuff like that.....They could be decent jurors from his point of view- unless they have now realized that they lost their marriages and life savings and the world didn't end after all.
Have I missed something? What necklace?

Gibb also wrote about Chad Daybell’s “troubling” test with a pendulum to tell if “people were light or dark.”

“He created a portal and would ask questions with a pendulum. I saw him twice with a gold-colored pointy pendulum with a string attached. The last time I saw Chad and Lori, he asked questions with the pendulum to see if people were light or dark. That was troubling to me. I thought, ‘This is how he gets his answers?’

Chad's children also believed that their father was a visionary. After Tammy's death he told them that she was busy on the other side of the veil. Chad was fooling his own family for a long time; IMO he now believes he can fool a jury and walk free. Admitting to his crimes would likely mean life without parole for him.

Supposedly Chad is baffled as to why he is incarcerated. At least according to HTC sources.

What I don't get is... Chad can't just tell the jury he's a visionary so lighten up, dudes and dudettes.

Doing so would be a confession. Only the jury I suggested in jest- of his followers- could possibly give him a pass. And that is a humongous stretch and I was joking.

But- can Chad really believe that he can tell a jury that he was thinking with his little head and framed? He fell in love and was blinded? Who would believe that? Especially when so many people believed or even now believe in Chad's visionary gifts? (Including Chad's own children?)

Can he really have it both ways? Being gifted yet not gifted enough to see he was being framed?

MOO

Darn. I really wanted to watch this trial on Court TV. I was hoping LVD would take the stand and blow Jodi Arias testimony out of the water. BTW, another good LDS gal.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it CourtTV's fault that we lost recording/streaming privileges in the courtroom to begin with? I seem to remember them recording things they ought not to have, like constantly zooming video in on and focusing on Lori's face so they could lip read her, and leaving an open mic at their table to record privileged attorney-client conversations. This rightfully upset the defense who complained to the judge, who subsequently banned all recordings.

It was his version of a standard divination tool used in folk magic, usually to help someone make a decision.

Though you could rig one up with a small rock and string, it’s now most often a crystal with a terminated (pointed) end, the other end fitted into setting that can be attached to fine jewelry chain. Depending on the length of the chain, it can also be a necklace.

The diviner holds it steady above a flat surface until it begins to move, swinging in one or another direction, or maybe going around in a circle, without his conscious intervention. It is usually stated at the beginning which direction is supposed to signify what. Chad used it to determine someone’s degrees of LIght or Dark.

Last edited:

"However, in the motion, the attorneys said that during a hearing for Lori Vallow on August 16, Court TV set up multiple cameras and microphones out of the typical media locations. The attorneys said that the cameras repeatedly zoomed in on Vallow and could have potentially violated attorney-client privileges.

Due to the incidents during the hearing, the attorneys are requesting that cameras to be banned from the courtroom, or alternatively, only allow still camera photos without zoom features and restricted to the jury box or the front row of the spectator section of the courtroom."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it CourtTV's fault that we lost recording/streaming privileges in the courtroom to begin with? I seem to remember them recording things they ought not to have, like constantly zooming video in on and focusing on Lori's face so they could lip read her, and leaving an open mic at their table to record privileged attorney-client conversations. This rightfully upset the defense who complained to the judge, who subsequently banned all recordings.
Yes, you are correct. I don’t remember the part about having an open mic at their table but supposedly they were zooming in on Lori. She loves the attention though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member