ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of tweets for Trial Day 1, 4/10/23 - Witness: Kay Woocock, continued.

Nate Eaton
@NateNewsNow
·
Kay last saw JJ the weekend of May 17, 2019 in Louisiana. They had a pizza party to celebrate JJ's birthday. JJ spent the weekend with his grandparents and then went back home to Houston. Kay last saw JJ the weekend of May 17, 2019 in Louisiana.

They had a pizza party to celebrate JJ's birthday. JJ spent the weekend with his grandparents and then went back home to Houston.

Kay says she had contact with JJ three more times before he died. She had a Facetime call with him after Charles died. "He normally had an iPad or a phone and he would walk around and talk to Larry and me. He wouldn't hold the device to him...

- he'd walk around and see the ceiling in most of the places where he lived." But this incident was different. JJ did not have device in his hand - someone was holding it for him and it was a short call. "He would look up and whoever it was was obviously taller than him."

Kay describes another Facetime call where JJ was in a "foul" mood and he didn't want to talk. She says JJ was having a meltdown and Kay was very upset that Lori waited until the evening when JJ was overtired to chat with her. Kay says the conversation was under a minute.

Kay says the last conversation she ever had contact with JJ Vallow was on Aug. 10, 2019. It was a very short call - less than a minute. Kay then attempted over the next few months to contact her grandson but could never got any response from Lori.

Kay made arrangements to go to Phoenix to pick up JJ and fly him back to his father's memorial service in Louisiana. Kay was going then fly JJ back to Phoenix. But it never happened - Kay says JJ was allowed to go and Lori never answered any of her messages to make arrangements.

Lori did not go to Charles's memorial service.

John Thomas has an objection he wants to make with the jury out of the room. Jury is sent out while Thomas raises his objection about the papers Kay Woodcock referenced containing Lori's phone numbers.

Thomas wants to know how often Kay has met with prosecutors over the years and says the state never told them. Rob Wood responds, Boyce overrules Thomas's object. We are now on a lunch break until 12:45 p.m.

link: https://twitter.com/NateNewsNow

I feel for these reporters. Non stop tweeting for eight weeks? And those that are doing on camera updates during their 30 minute lunch break, have to scarf down some food, go to the bathroom, and get on camera before they get back in the courtroom.

I noticed Kay was permitted to refer to Charles's death as murder (according to GiGi's tweets). I wonder if the jury was given any explanation for this - I don't recall seeing any mention of it in opening statements.

It's uncertain if Lori will blame Chad for anything in regard to the murders. IMO she will not admit to any guilt either. Maybe she thinks she and Chad can both get off by blaming Alex and ride into the sunset together. If Alex acted alone then there's no three-way conspiracy. Maybe zombies won't come into play but another motive will be suggested. I wonder if her lawyers will put forward a time when she learned that the children weren't alive any more. Her lack of action afterwards can't be explained, so I don't think this defense would work.
I think that was the original plan for Alex to be the fall guy. That's why he couldn't stay alive. I can't believe that his death was natural.

I noticed Kay was permitted to refer to Charles's death as murder (according to GiGi's tweets). I wonder if the jury was given any explanation for this - I don't recall seeing any mention of it in opening statements.
Justin Lum didn't use the word murder in his tweets:

Kay had contact with JJ on July 20, 2019 via FaceTime. This was a little more than a week after Charles was shot and killed.

Wood: Did Lori contact you about the life insurance after Charles died?

Wood asks after Charles’ death if Kay received benefits. She says yes, within a week after Charles died (7/11/19).

Just an FYI - I am posting summary so I do not have a million number of posts for each witness. Makes it easier for me! :)

And since now it my bed time - I shall continue with Kay's testimony (after lunch) - tomorrow morning.
Thank you Niner, I like the format because the page jumps all over the place for me with copy/pasted tweets being slow to load. I don't know if it affects other people like that or if it's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper