ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed Kay was permitted to refer to Charles's death as murder (according to GiGi's tweets). I wonder if the jury was given any explanation for this - I don't recall seeing any mention of it in opening statements.
Good observation! I hope we get the audio soon. She has to type and tweet so fast. It's possible GiGi put that word there.

Or maybe it's not the witnesses responsibility to avoid prejudicial testimony. Maybe she can call it a murder, and it's up to the jury to decide what to make of that.

It is not just an opinion of Kay's, if she said murder, or GiGi's, if she inadvertently switched the word. Lori was charged in that murder. So I don't see what the defense can do about it if Kay used the word without bringing more attention to it.

Maybe the defense called objections like meeting with prosecutors just to stop the flow and blow the word out of the atmosphere.

MOO

Jury's demographics (estimated):

1) White man 40s
2) White man 40s
3) White woman 50s
4) White woman 40s
5) White man 50s
6) White man 50s
7) White woman 20s
8) A person of color, possibly Latino or Native American man 40s
9) White man 40s
10) White man 40s
11) White woman 50s
12) White man 40s
13) White woman 20s
14) White man 30s
15) White woman 60s
16) White woman 40s
17) White woman 40s
18) White man 50s

Good observation! I hope we get the audio soon. She has to type and tweet so fast. It's possible GiGi put that word there.

Or maybe it's not the witnesses responsibility to avoid prejudicial testimony. Maybe she can call it a murder, and it's up to the jury to decide what to make of that.

It is not just an opinion of Kay's, if she said murder, or GiGi's, if she inadvertently switched the word. Lori was charged in that murder. So I don't see what the defense can do about it if Kay used the word without bringing more attention to it.

Maybe the defense called objections like meeting with prosecutors just to stop the flow and blow the word out of the atmosphere.

MOO
IMO KW would have been coached by the prosecution not to use "murder".

""Archibald to jury after reading indictment: “Did she kill or did she assist or did she encourage or did she command? They (prosecutors) aren’t sure what happened – but they want you to be sure.”"

Archibald isn't doing his client any favors here... every option he lists doesn't paint Lori as innocent in any degree... and is still covered by the conspiracy charges.

Does it matter if she killed them? Does it matter if she assisted? Does it matter if she encouraged or commanded others to kill them? Not really. The end results are the same - people died - and the charges of conspiracy can still stick if she is found guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jangelyn