ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see. I thought the text used to appear automatically with the link previously, because it was always there for me before the update but not since.

Nobody has mentioned the same problem in other trials so maybe it’s just me, in which case nevermind.
Not just you. It sporadically does the same for me, but I think it might be due to a pop up blocker (or the browser I use on my phone) blocking them from showing up.

I thought as long as they kept the sound off they can tweet with no audio or video? I'm probably confused.
They're probably just doing this to make this easy on the court personnel and bailiffs.

Otherwise they would have to spend all the time running around, staring at any cell phone that appeared to make sure people were not using them for recording or picture taking purposes.

That one works perfectly for me thank you @CSIDreamer. Did you have to do something special there for it to appear?

It’s not a delay thing, only the links load (apart from your one there lol). I’m in Europe so when I come in late to catch up on events at trials, I‘ve just seen pages and pages of links & have no way of knowing which ones to click on or which say the same thing as each other etc.

Thanks for your help

I too have the same problem & am in Europe also. Maybe it's that stupid EU rule.... I do not know! :(

I too have the same problem & am in Europe also. Maybe it's that stupid EU rule.... I do not know! :(
Well, hopefully we can collectively get updates for our EU friends as well. I'm fairly certain it's been this case where posters have been really kind helping me out when videos don't have closed captioning. JMO

I have the same problem, not just an EU thing. I believe others also have this problem.

When I see pages of tweet links being posted, I only click on a few sometimes as it is just easier to follow the person posting on Twitter than to have to click on each link posted here.

I have the same problem, not just an EU thing. I believe others also have this problem.

When I see pages of tweet links being posted, I only click on a few sometimes as it is just easier to follow the person posting on Twitter than to have to click on each link posted here.

That is what I have been doing - just reading the tweets by the person tweeting... :)

That is what I have been doing - just reading the tweets by the person tweeting... :)
(I don't know how to lose this BUF artifact-sorry)

The reason I like to see some relevant tweets here is because following the trusted tweeters annoys me if I'm not following everything they are.

For example, I chose NOT to follow the Moscow Murders. I just follow occasional cases because they personally grab me. I fell in love with JJ instantly because I really like people with some of the typical personality traits of ASD- they tend to be very literal, very honest, and very independent in decision making- social or peer pressure is less to them then their own internal deliberations.

Quickly in the early case, JJ was ID as having ASD, and his mother appeared very dishonest, and very invested in what others thought of her. I intuited that parenting JJ when he was younger could be a great "show" for others to watch and admire Lori, but as he got older, her superficiality and lies would be in conflict with JJ's blunt honesty. I was sucked in.

I have changed my mind about some things- I think Lori is more complex than simple narc- she also seems to think she is being righteous when she is committing (allegedly- IMO) horrific crimes. I wasn't expecting such religiosity with deep devotion/delusion. I would have expected an appearance of a "good Mormon mom" and nothing of religious substance underneath. (Not saying at all that her faith resembles other LDS people!)

I consider her co-conspirator at least as guilty.

All that is to say, I'm not really a true crime buff. I just latch into a few cases.

So a true crime creator- even my favorites- have a lot of tweets about cases which I am not following so I don't like to follow their social media.

So I appreciate those tweet posts.

MOO

(I don't know how to lose this BUF artifact-sorry)

The reason I like to see some relevant tweets here is because following the trusted tweeters annoys me if I'm not following everything they are.

For example, I chose NOT to follow the Moscow Murders. I just follow occasional cases because they personally grab me. I fell in love with JJ instantly because I really like people with some of the typical personality traits of ASD- they tend to be very literal, very honest, and very independent in decision making- social or peer pressure is less to them then their own internal deliberations.

Quickly in the early case, JJ was ID as having ASD, and his mother appeared very dishonest, and very invested in what others thought of her. I intuited that parenting JJ when he was younger could be a great "show" for others to watch and admire Lori, but as he got older, her superficiality and lies would be in conflict with JJ's blunt honesty. I was sucked in.

I have changed my mind about some things- I think Lori is more complex than simple narc- she also seems to think she is being righteous when she is committing (allegedly- IMO) horrific crimes. I wasn't expecting such religiosity with deep devotion/delusion. I would have expected an appearance of a "good Mormon mom" and nothing of religious substance underneath. (Not saying at all that her faith resembles other LDS people!)

I consider her co-conspirator at least as guilty.

All that is to say, I'm not really a true crime buff. I just latch into a few cases.

So a true crime creator- even my favorites- have a lot of tweets about cases which I am not following so I don't like to follow their social media.

So I appreciate those tweet posts.

MOO
Yikes, it did it again… that’s not my response you replied to with my username!

Niner posted that response.

@Ruminations why don’t you just edit your post and delete the reply response?

... parenting JJ when he was younger could be a great "show" for others to watch and admire Lori, but as he got older, her superficiality and lies would be in conflict with JJ's blunt honesty. I was sucked in.

I have changed my mind about some things- I think Lori is more complex than simple narc- she also seems to think she is being righteous when she is committing (allegedly- IMO) horrific crimes. I wasn't expecting such religiosity with deep devotion/delusion.

It's hard to distinguish, because what's the difference between self-worship (which is her religion) and narcissism? In Christianity, self-focus and making life about catering to "me" is labeled as sin, which it is, because you are taking the place of God as the One whose rules really matter. Lori has simply taken that to the ultimate extreme imo (due to either desire or delusion).

Yikes, it did it again… that’s not my response you replied to with my username!

Niner posted that response.

@Ruminations why don’t you just edit your post and delete the reply response?
When I edit, I can only delete everything except ""BUF:"

I replied to BUF a few comments ago, and the remnants won't leave!

It's hard to distinguish, because what's the difference between self-worship (which is her religion) and narcissism? In Christianity, self-focus and making life about catering to "me" is labeled as sin, which it is, because you are taking the place of God as the One whose rules really matter. Lori has simply taken that to the ultimate extreme imo (due to either desire or delusion).

Yeah- or it is not unreasonable to hypothesize that she is simply lying.

It doesn't matter. Lying, deluded, duped by a cult leader, or seriously in real conversations with actual deities and angels, she still is charged with about the most horrific of crimes. IMO, she will be found guilty no matter what is true about her religious experiences.

MOO

PS: I restarted my phone and lost the BUF ghost. Or maybe I lost it by actually replying to BUF?! In any case. I was not trying to stress BUF out. I couldn't get rid of it.

Last edited:
Lori Hellis is of the opinion that Lori Vallow truly believes she did nothing wrong (as LVD believed her children were zombies, etc), and LVD believes this trial is a religious-test put upon her by her God, and her God will deliver her from all this wrath. I don't share this opinion. Am I in the minority? I'm not looking for support for my views but I am curious if most people agree with Hellis on this topic.

Lori Hellis is of the opinion that Lori Vallow truly believes she did nothing wrong (as LVD believed her children were zombies, etc), and LVD believes this trial is a religious-test put upon her by her God, and her God will deliver her from all this wrath. I don't share this opinion. Am I in the minority? I'm not looking for support for my views but I am curious if most people agree with Hellis on this topic.

I'm still not entirely sure she truly ever believed the zombie nonsense, but I've always been of the opinion that she truly believes she's done nothing wrong.

I agree with the opinion that Lori thinks she did nothing wrong because her attorney said that she believes the jury will acquit her.

I haven't heard that Lori "believes this trial is a religious-test put upon her by her God, and her God will deliver her from all this wrath."
So I don't agree with this part.

Court order on judge's decision on grandparent's attending trial:

Memorandum Decision and Order ... pdf

order

Last edited:

FWIW it appears LH is basing her view of LVD's mindset on what her attorneys have been saying to the court. And what they have been saying to the court certainly implies THEY think that's how she sees things.

But we can't know what's truly in a person's heart or mind. (Although the Bible does say that the Word of God IS able to discern the thoughts and intents of the heart.)

Fortunately we don't need that knowledge anyhow.

We just need to know what the actions are, and get a verdict based on what Lori did or didn't do. She either committed murder of her kids, and stole money from them, or she didn't. Judge her for that, and not for what she may or may not have thought.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure but what LVD may believe at least part of that. I believe she is 100% guilty, but I have some convoluted feelings on how she got there. Even Larry W said she really changed in 2017. That was back when Charles tried to get help and NO ONE would listen to him.

The problem is that to get that belief system that Lori Hellis opines LVD has, LVD is going to have to take the stand and own her own words and beliefs. I'm not so sure that's going to happen.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member