ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow - Tylee Ryan - Tammy Daybell - Charles Vallow - *Arrests* #69

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there is a doubt that JP will be more obnoxious (especially to MG). I'm hoping for bombshells from ZP and digital evidence.
Agree. But JP is very unpleasant and, unless he manages a jury of people who know absolutely nothing, his <modsnip> act could backfire.

He could seem like a losing bully instead of a victim, or proxy for his victim client, which is what he is going for.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a dig at LE by any means, just a legitimate query- why the delay from 11/19 and knowing Chad/Lori were lying to the search on 6/20?

As I recall LE didn't know where the children were for some time. Everyone hoped the children would be found alive somewhere - anywhere.

It wasn't until LE were digging through Chad's text messages that they came across the 'raccoon' text, which was sent right around when Tylee was last seen, that tipped them off. In it Chad texted Tammy about shooting and burying a 'raccoon' in their 'pet cemetery', and also burning 'limb debris' in their fire pit. That sounded strange compared to his other short texts to Tammy, and gave law enforcement an idea of maybe what happened and where to look. Still, they didn't know where this 'pet cemetery' was, until they talked to (If I remember correctly) Tammy's sister, who was able to describe the location and pinpoint it on a map of the property.

They also didn't know where JJ might be, until they got on scene and were able to see signs of a potential recent burial near the tree/pond. This is the "short grass" Hermosilla testified of the other day. They started digging there too and found JJ.

As I recall LE didn't know where the children were for some time. Everyone hoped the children would be found alive somewhere - anywhere.

It wasn't until LE were digging through Chad's text messages that they came across the 'raccoon' text, which was sent right around when Tylee was last seen, that tipped them off. In it Chad texted Tammy about shooting and burying a 'raccoon' in their 'pet cemetery', and also burning 'limb debris' in their fire pit. That sounded strange compared to his other short texts to Tammy, and gave law enforcement an idea of maybe what happened and where to look. Still, they didn't know where this 'pet cemetery' was, until they talked to (If I remember correctly) Tammy's sister, who was able to describe the location and pinpoint it on a map of the property.

They also didn't know where JJ might be, until they got on scene and were able to see signs of a potential recent burial near the tree/pond. This is the "short grass" Hermosilla testified of the other day. They started digging there too and found JJ.
Also, iirc, LE had searched CD's house previous to the probable cause to search the property. IMO, LE was thorough throughout the case. As you indicated, a careful review of the texts tipped them off, and then they were able to secure a warrant to search the property itself. MOO and only if IRC.

I think one of the critical factors was Alex's phone pinging in Chad's backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper