ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #71

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This week Lori Hellis had her own "Do you know who I am?" moment in court. She explained what happened on her yt channel. Before the court session started on Tuesday, she was ejected from the main courtroom because someone (reportedly Lori's defense attorney JA) complained about her trying to take a picture with her phone. A court official checked her phone and found nothing. Following that another official tried to confiscate her phone. She refused to hand it over. After exiting the courtroom she was allowed in the overflow room, but only until lunch, when she was asked to leave. She was allowed to have a meeting with judge Boyce at the end of the next day. He reviewed the courtroom video and stated that there was another incident involving her. LH told the judge "You know me", but the judge denied recognizing her. A few months ago she argued a motion in front of him about unsealing court documents. It turned out that LH's phone also went off in court before and that she exchanged a few words with the defense's investigator inside the courtroom (according to her unrelated to the case). LH can attend the rest of the trial in the overfloow room, but is not allowed in the main courtroom any more. She believes she has been singled out by the judge.
I think it was only a matter of time. LH has been seen by Boyce and others as adversarial from her first appearance on the scene. This does not bode well for 1A rights.

This week Lori Hellis had her own "Do you know who I am?" moment in court. She explained what happened on her yt channel. Before the court session started on Tuesday, she was ejected from the main courtroom because someone (reportedly Lori's defense attorney JA) complained about her trying to take a picture with her phone. A court official checked her phone and found nothing. Following that another official tried to confiscate her phone. She refused to hand it over. After exiting the courtroom she was allowed in the overflow room, but only until lunch, when she was asked to leave. She was allowed to have a meeting with judge Boyce at the end of the next day. He reviewed the courtroom video and stated that there was another incident involving her. LH told the judge "You know me", but the judge denied recognizing her. A few months ago she argued a motion in front of him about unsealing court documents. It turned out that LH's phone also went off in court before and that she exchanged a few words with the defense's investigator inside the courtroom (according to her unrelated to the case). LH can attend the rest of the trial in the overfloow room, but is not allowed in the main courtroom any more. She believes she has been singled out by the judge.

"LH can attend the rest of the trial in the overflow room, but is not allowed in the main courtroom any more. She believes she has been singled out by the judge."

I'm sure she has been singled out -- and rightly so!!!

LH has worked hard to insert herself into this trial, and be considered a "party" to it (which is way over the line imo). That included going so far as to file a motion with the court in this case (which then takes up the judge's time to consider and rule on it), in which she claimed rights to be in the middle, see the evidence, and so on. She has no standing here. It's a criminal trial.

Naturally Boyce shot her down and in essence told her to go away.

Now, her trying to paint herself as some sort of mistreated martyr is imo another attempt to make this all about her, and is again nonsense that's way over the line. (Clickbait, anyone?) She complains that she has a target on her back from the judge -- but she's worked hard to put one there, and Boyce tossing her from the courtroom sure seems justified. Who knows what sort of nutty thing she might try to do next? I can't imagine any court anywhere would side with her.

"LH can attend the rest of the trial in the overflow room, but is not allowed in the main courtroom any more. She believes she has been singled out by the judge."

LH has worked hard to insert herself into this trial, and be considered a "party" to it (which is way over the line imo). That included going so far as to file a motion with the court in this case (which then takes up the judge's time to consider and rule on it), in which she claimed rights to be in the middle, see the evidence, and so on. She has no standing here. It's a criminal trial.

Now, her trying to paint herself as some sort of mistreated martyr is imo another attempt to make this all about her, and is again nonsense that's way over the line. (Clickbait, anyone?) She complains that she has a target on her back from the judge -- but she's worked hard to put one there, and Boyce tossing her from the courtroom sure seems justified. Who knows what sort of nutty thing she might try to do next? I can't imagine any court anywhere would side with her.

From what I understood, LH was attempting to have sealed documents unsealed OR at least answers to reasons there were private/sealed documents, rulings, filings, etc. And, I don't think Judge Boyce ever provided specific answers. Also, (imo) he didn't like LH asking. I would assume residents of Idaho (like LH - making her a "party") would be entitled to answers.

Criminal attorney and part-time youtuber Scott Reisch fully supported LH's court motions. He often complains about the secrecy imposed by the court in this case. That said, I don't think she should be exempt from the court rules.

Why did the defense not jump on it if MG's and DW's testimonies were problematic? If there was texting between them and L&C that night, LE have the contents and so does the defense. If they only have phone calls, their content is a matter of speculation.
The defense isn't going to poke at anything that doesn't help their case or that has the potential to backfire and help the prosecution instead.

****THE FOLLOWING IS TONGUE-IN-CHEEK SPECULATION****
Witness: I didn't see anything. I just had a weird dream.
Defense: Are you SURE you didn't see anything? Or hear anything? Nothing at ALL?
Witness: You know what? Yeah, now that I'm under oath, I guess I'd better mention that I totally saw Lori leave the house with JJ and come back home an hour later without him. Oh, and there was blood in the sink, too.

Not gonna happen. I think the Defense knows that if MG & DW do know more about that night than what they're saying, it's not going to mean anything good for LVD. IMO. MOO. IANAL.

Clearly she had standing because the judge did release some documents based on her motion

why Lauren Mathias was 'triggered' by David Warwick's testimony & why forensic psych John Mathias is concerned about the Mel Gibb & Warwick testimony on the nightmare & whether it happened as they said

Good to know that we're not alone in querying these aspects ( as we were on the last thread)

from around 1 hour onwards on their latest show

PS Lauren also clarifies the timing - according to DW- of when the supposed cabinet climbing happened ( middle of the night! I didn't realise that)

Kind of late for LM to state they are not team prosecution or team defense. Makes this tweet make more sense because there is NOTHING I love about the defense

[I’ve never loved the Defense more right now, sting what we’ve all been wondering] A: have you ever heard of the Chirch of fhe Fiestborn? D: avoids question, implies he’s just read about it in the scriptures [note: sooo many podcasters were discussing the Chirch of the 1st born around this time]

Kind of late for LM to state they are not team prosecution or team defense. Makes this tweet make more sense because there is NOTHING I love about the defense

[I’ve never loved the Defense more right now, sting what we’ve all been wondering] A: have you ever heard of the Chirch of fhe Fiestborn? D: avoids question, implies he’s just read about it in the scriptures [note: sooo many podcasters were discussing the Chirch of the 1st born around this time]

I hadn't seen the text before but I think the explanation of her point about the defense is in that recent podcast I linked to. (In total it's about 30 minutes) ' sting we've all been wondering' ( possibly a typo and she meant to tweet 'smthing' ?)

They make a lot of points in the 30 mins but one of the points she made in the podcast is that she was pleased to hear somebody ( Defense attorney) hint that DW was deeply involved in the Church 1st Born & that DW's beliefs & are more akin to Chad's than he made out. ( Reputation prioritised over honesty)

TBH I don't think the jury will have grasped his subtle point & Lori is done, regardless of any issues around DW's face-saving etc

I doubt Lauren Mathias expects the prosecution to have raised this and imo there's no question that Mathias is completely down for Lori never ever seeing the light of day again. I think she's not a fan of hypocrisy so she was glad somebody raised it

Last edited:
I haven't seen the text before but I think the explanation of her point about the defense is in that recent podcast I linked to. (In total it's about 30 minutes)
They make a lot of points in the 30 mins but one of the points she made in the podcast is that she was pleased to hear somebody ( Defense attorney) hint that DW was deeply involved in the Church 1st Born & that DW's beliefs & are more akin to Chad's than he made out. ( Reputation prioritised over honesty)
TBH I don't think the jury will have grasped his subtle point & Lori is done, regardless of any issues around DW etc
I doubt Lauren Mathias expects the prosecution to have raised this and imo there's no question that Mathias is completely down for Lori never ever seeing the light of day again. I think she's not a fan of hypocrisy so she was glad somebody raised it
The witnesses' beliefs aren't on trial, the co-conspirators' actions are. DW's beliefs are irrelevant if he's telling the truth about what he observed that night.

The witnesses' beliefs aren't on trial, the co-conspirators' actions are. DW's beliefs are irrelevant if he's telling the truth about what he observed that night.
Is it right to call him a co-conspirator when he's not listed as one? Anyway, I wouldn't go that far myself.

re telling the truth as a witness - isn't that issue at hand? ( the segment in the HTC show I listed already where Mathias is comparing what's been said, if you can manage to listen to it)

Thanks Gardenista. ( I didn't follow HTC's live tweets for the trial, followed other reporters instead)
Just found another one

Last edited:
Is it right to call him a co-conspirator when he's not listed as one? Anyway, I wouldn't go that far myself.

re telling the truth as a witness - isn't that issue at hand? ( the segment in the HTC show I listed already where Mathias is comparing what's been said, if you can manage to listen to it)
I' have seen zero proof that there were other co-conspirators in the murders apart from Chad, Lori and Alex.

I agree. I have a feeling that at the end of this trial (and also Chads), we won’t know any more than we do now. We will also have a lot more unanswered questions. IMO
Agree. I think some of it may be the craziness of the whole story … just so unsettling that two children and spouses were murdered because of it. They both will never admit to what really happened imo.

I feel for Kay and Larry as they have had some tough days during some of this testimony. I think about them often and how they have to do this all over again for Chad’s trial.

Last edited:
Someone either testified or gave a police statement saying AC took a week off work and stayed home which was odd. I can’t remember who said it or whether it was when CV was killed or the kids. Can someone refresh my memory or better yet provide a link to that statement or testimony? TIA

Someone either testified or gave a police statement saying AC took a week off work and stayed home which was odd. I can’t remember who said it or whether it was when CV was killed or the kids. Can someone refresh my memory or better yet provide a link to that statement or testimony? TIA

I am pretty sure it was in the LE interview with Adam Cox. Adam indicated that Alex NEVER took vacations from work except to go to Central America for "sex".

Adam Cox. re Charles Vallow murder. ( It's in the audio of his conversation with LE. will come up on line search. I mentioned it here a couple of days ago )

Lauren has been referred to as "an LDS Journalist", and her husband as "a non-mormon forensic psychologist. I felt she was stating what I was thinking about DW. She knows that he is/was really into such heavy *advertiser censored* and wraps it up in extensive historical factual data. His testamony was expressions of totally pure LDS doctrine. As far as I have sensed, from listening to some of his podcast, he is not an LDS purist, by any means. I am sure Lauren knows this all too well.

AND I think that is why the Defense dug in so deep on him.... I think they were trying to get him to trip up. But not sure why. I kept thinking they are just trying to denouce him, not necessarily for Lori's defense, but just to denounce him on LDS principles. I am assuming Lori's defense team is LDS as well, so I just think they wanted to "get him in trouble" with the church. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi