Found Deceased ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #74

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he becomes indigent, the court would have to appoint a death penalty-qualified attorney. That's how JA ended on the case. LV was deemed indigent.

ETA- I can't remember but I think it requires TWO DP qualified (Both JA & JT are)
Since the death penalty is off the table, why did JA remain on the case? It seems like a waste of taxpayers' money.

Since the death penalty is off the table, why did JA remain on the case? It seems like a waste of taxpayers' money.
It's still her right to be provided counsel. He's a public defender, it just happens to be one that is death penalty qualified. Plus, can you imagine delaying it further as a new attorney would need time to catch up. He already stated getting the DP thrown out was a big deal to get done for a client.

Why did the judge clear the courtroom to leave LVD & her attorneys there to talk rather than allow them to take her to another room for their private meeting? Deputies would have to be present either way so it just seemed odd to me.

ETA: Of course it also seems odd to me that after all these weeks you haven’t already had that conversation with your client and don’t already know exactly how to proceed especially knowing it was likely that the prosecution would rest this week and it would be your turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14