GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Boyce asked Lori if she felt that her attorneys provided a good representation and she answered back, yes.
IMOO Her attorneys would be doing her a disservice if they encouraged her not to appeal. and - based upon Mr. Archibald’s and Mr. Thomas’ case history, I think an appeal will be in order in the future.

There’s quite a bit from the trial and possibly from today that can be included in that. Whether she personally would want to do that, who knows; if I was making an educated guess based on similarly-charged cases with convictions of theirs, then I would guess they’d be suggesting appeal options. I’ve said it in another comment if mine, so I am sorry to repeat myself, but even today the Judge alone said some things that I’ve seen in Idaho appeals before (mentioning other pending charges in other states, higher Court found that inappropriate; mentioning aggravating factors he found that aren’t factors within the State Statutes, a higher Court found that to be an error & remanded back to lower Court for a resentencing. And that is not including anything from the trial even….but I guess we will see)

My last unpopular opinion for the day - I don’t think her statement was an attempt to fool anyone. I think she is deeply affected by major mental health issues and believes some or all of what she is saying. She wasn’t trying to fool anyone, if she genuinely believes what she said then she thinks all of this Court stuff is against her from the start, because no one there understands her.

I think if she tried to fool the Court it would be with some fake remorse or responsibility but for whatever reason I keep leaning more towards she believes what she is saying. She sounded like some of the Sov Cit’s who complain of lack of jurisdiction and how everyone around them doesn’t know the law, or in Lori’s case “the truth”. And I don’t take her lack of cooperation with the PSI investigator to be just an act of defiance, she could genuinely believe that it doesn’t matter because they don’t know or understand “her truth”.

Sadly, on top of her actions, her words will still be seen just as heartless, insulting, and continuing to inflict pain on the family of all the victims. If it’s been this long now and she is still spewing this as “her truth”, I’d be cautiously optimistic for her to see the truth as the prosecution, the Court, victims’ family and the world someday.

I do agree with the State, the tragedy and the effects of murders never end. Okay, I promise I’m done with my unpopular opinions here today. Thanks for letting me speak here
Her 'truth' is her narcissism.
She quoted John from the bible and basically stated nobody is fit to judge her.
That's the same as a toddler putting their fingers in their ears and sticking their tongues out while being reprimanded..
'not listenin', not listenin'
'can't hear ya'
Who cares whether she believes herself or not?

She was refusing to recognise the court, she was contemptuous of the court.
If that is not defiance, what is?
She could have stayed quiet.
Her ego would not permit that.

Lots of killers are not remorseful and it is their very lack of empathy sympathy and compassion that permits them to kill and kill and kill again.
it's all very well entering mystic states and studying the esoteric and i do it myself as a practice, but it lacks congruence when one is so immersed in human wealth gathering and theft, the finer things in life should not be necessary if her case was genuine.

Greed has no place in any version of spirituality , only in fake spirituality.
She's fake.
She is cruel.

My last unpopular opinion for the day - I don’t think her statement was an attempt to fool anyone. I think she is deeply affected by major mental health issues and believes some or all of what she is saying. She wasn’t trying to fool anyone, if she genuinely believes what she said then she thinks all of this Court stuff is against her from the start, because no one there understands her.

I think if she tried to fool the Court it would be with some fake remorse or responsibility but for whatever reason I keep leaning more towards she believes what she is saying. She sounded like some of the Sov Cit’s who complain of lack of jurisdiction and how everyone around them doesn’t know the law, or in Lori’s case “the truth”. And I don’t take her lack of cooperation with the PSI investigator to be just an act of defiance, she could genuinely believe that it doesn’t matter because they don’t know or understand “her truth”.

Sadly, on top of her actions, her words will still be seen just as heartless, insulting, and continuing to inflict pain on the family of all the victims. If it’s been this long now and she is still spewing this as “her truth”, I’d be cautiously optimistic for her to see the truth as the prosecution, the Court, victims’ family and the world someday.

I do agree with the State, the tragedy and the effects of murders never end. Okay, I promise I’m done with my unpopular opinions here today. Thanks for letting me speak here

IMO she totally made up that story about being on her death bed when she gave birth to Tylee and being visited by her dead sister Stacy. She made up so many things in this case, all just to manipulate people. She's not very original either.

I happen to agree with MTW, but we could be wrong and Indico right. I also think there is a spectrum...a manipulative impulse can cause her to create a belief. She obviously is never without considerable manipulative behaviors-she mostly used manipulation to commit the acts for which she is convicted.

Maybe she is 100% a fabricator and is aware she made up supernatural experiences. Maybe her lies and need to manipulate create delusions that become real to her. Maybe her delusions prompt her to manipulate.

Whatever the manipulation to delusion ratio is, I think she was sentenced fairly.

Goodbye, Lori. I hope you either come to reality or come to understand that you hurt people (and NOT most importantly yourself) during your consecutive life sentences. Whatever it is...take responsibility for it.

MOO

I noticed Lori didn't mention Alex being busy, happy and frolicking in heaven.
Or Charles.

Honestly, why did she not plead guilty and accept capital punishment when it was still on the table, so that she could get her wish. All she knows is manipulation and cowardice. She is despicable.

I loved Judge Boyce's words to her, and I also appreciated JC's (her mother's) words submitted to the PSI.

JMO

That's the same as a toddler putting their fingers in their ears and sticking their tongues out while being reprimanded..
'can't hear ya'

Lots of killers are not remorseful and it is their very lack of empathy sympathy and compassion that permits them to kill and kill and kill again.
it's all very well entering mystic states and studying the esoteric and i do it myself as a practice, but it lacks congruence when one is so immersed in human wealth gathering and theft, the finer things in life should not be necessary if her case was genuine.

She's fake.
She is cruel.
Bolded by me.
To answer that one question, I think some people who insist she has no real mental health issues, was never truly incompetent to proceed, and has continued to fake and malinger any and all mental health issues seem to care if she believes herself or not.

I’ve seen some who believe that she’s faking that imply that she’s doing it to further manipulate those around her and that she is somehow smarter as she is able to fool both mental health professionals and now the Investigator designated to conduct and compile the presentence investigation report.

In JMOO I don’t think she is lying because she is manipulating and thinks her lies will help her, I think she is “lying” because her “truth” does not align with any of the reality and facts in this case. It’s just a slight difference, I guess, in intentionality; and maybe includes some level of intelligence as well. If she was smart enough to fool experts, in my opinion, she would also be “smart” to not say such outwardly and demonstrably false ideas that contradict the facts, the evidence, and the finding of the triers of fact in this case. But ofcourse JMOO and really it doesn’t matter past this, as her sentence has been imposed. If she was faking all that, well it certainly seemed to hurt her case and not help her. If she believed all that she said, same conclusion there too. State said to focus on her actions and not her words, but arguably neither of those helped her in sentencing today.

IMOO Her attorneys would be doing her a disservice if they encouraged her not to appeal. and - based upon Mr. Archibald’s and Mr. Thomas’ case history, I think an appeal will be in order in the future.

There’s quite a bit from the trial and possibly from today that can be included in that. Whether she personally would want to do that, who knows; if I was making an educated guess based on similarly-charged cases with convictions of theirs, then I would guess they’d be suggesting appeal options. I’ve said it in another comment if mine, so I am sorry to repeat myself, but even today the Judge alone said some things that I’ve seen in Idaho appeals before (mentioning other pending charges in other states, higher Court found that inappropriate; mentioning aggravating factors he found that aren’t factors within the State Statutes, a higher Court found that to be an error & remanded back to lower Court for a resentencing. And that is not including anything from the trial even….but I guess we will see)

I'm not a lawyer so forgive my ignorance, but why would something in sentencing be grounds for an appeal of the conviction? The conviction happened before anything was known of sentencing.

After blaming the deaths on accident or suicide, I don't believe she believes in her religious BS. It's just a pretense for not being held accountable. She knows that there were no accidents and nobody killed themselves, except perhaps Alex, but he wasn't even mentioned. Also, claiming that Tylee hid her physical pain from the world was just another manipulation. It appeared as if she had to die to be relieved from her suffering. If Lori just had a religious delusion, she wouldn't have to lie about everything.

ITA!

Bonkers Rant

I happen to agree with MTW, but we could be wrong and Indico right. I also think there is a spectrum...a manipulative impulse can cause her to create a belief. She obviously is never without considerable manipulative behaviors-she mostly used manipulation to commit the acts for which she is convicted.

Maybe she is 100% a fabricator and is aware she made up supernatural experiences. Maybe her lies and need to manipulate create delusions that become real to her. Maybe her delusions prompt her to manipulate.

Whatever the manipulation to delusion ratio is, I think she was sentenced fairly.

Goodbye, Lori. I hope you either come to reality or come to understand that you hurt people (and NOT most importantly yourself) during your consecutive life sentences. Whatever it is...take responsibility for it.

MOO
If she was only describing her perceived interaction with the spiritual world, she wouldn't have to lie about material facts to make it believable.

Bolded by me.
To answer that one question, I think some people who insist she has no real mental health issues, was never truly incompetent to proceed, and has continued to fake and malinger any and all mental health issues seem to care if she believes herself or not.

I’ve seen some who believe that she’s faking that imply that she’s doing it to further manipulate those around her and that she is somehow smarter as she is able to fool both mental health professionals and now the Investigator designated to conduct and compile the presentence investigation report.

In JMOO I don’t think she is lying because she is manipulating and thinks her lies will help her, I think she is “lying” because her “truth” does not align with any of the reality and facts in this case. It’s just a slight difference, I guess, in intentionality; and maybe includes some level of intelligence as well. If she was smart enough to fool experts, in my opinion, she would also be “smart” to not say such outwardly and demonstrably false ideas that contradict the facts, the evidence, and the finding of the triers of fact in this case. But ofcourse JMOO and really it doesn’t matter past this, as her sentence has been imposed. If she was faking all that, well it certainly seemed to hurt her case and not help her. If she believed all that she said, same conclusion there too. State said to focus on her actions and not her words, but arguably neither of those helped her in sentencing today.
I have no problem believing she had a spiritual experience during a difficult birth.
Lots of people do.
it's neither a rare nor unusual phenomenon.

My understanding is that these experiences function to increase awareness, not ego and greed.

She'll be having none at all when Chad drops her like a hot potato.
Her life will be as barren as her soul is.

I'm not a lawyer so forgive my ignorance, but why would something in sentencing be grounds for an appeal of the conviction? The conviction happened before anything was known of sentencing.

The Judge mentioning some of the “aggravating factors” he determined not being part of the litany of “aggravating factors” written into the law, the mention of pending charges in other states where she is presumed innocent and that have no bearing on anything in this case as far as sentencing goes, State including in their recommendation remarks of how the community would “feel” if “anything less” than their recommendation was given by the Judge.

That’s just a few that i thought of. I tried to include things I’ve seen in both successful and unsuccessful appeals in other homicide cases before. (That last one is specifically like one that has been successful in part of an appeal Mrs. Smith worked on that was overturned by a higher court, she made remarks about how the community at large would feel if the type of punishment they recommended was given….higher Court found that very prejudicial to the defendant, not part of sentencing guidelines (as they said how the public and the community may feel to a sentence imposed should not and cannot have any weight in determining the sentence). All the examples I mentioned were parts of other appeals; I did not mean to imply that “only” these things today could or would merit a successful appeal; my apologies.

'can't hear ya'

She's fake.
She is cruel.
Typical Narc cries only for herself.
Why has she been smiling like a Cheshire Cat
& prancing for the press…then??!!!
What a friggin liar that Tammy is her “wonderful friend”.
She is evil . It’s going to be hot and unfriendly where she is going
See ya LVD….

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads