GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell, Charles Vallow *Arrests* #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She said her daughters father was sexually abusing her. Was there any evidence of this? I didn’t really follow the trial so this is the first I’ve heard about it

It is not a new accusation but it is not credible. Family court did not find evidence of this. Tylee herself never made this accusation.

It is a huge freak show of family court reports that could be perused if you wish.

OTOH, Colby and Tylee's Aunt Annie both report physical abuse of Colby; Colby reports sexual abuse in childhood by Tylee's father. A lot of people think that Lori "planted" that memory. I think the truth of Colby's own childhood is for him to report...and he doesn't have to share, of course. But he has shared his account that he was sexually abused.

For more info: Annie Cushing or Hidden True crime are great resources.

MOO

I really admire Megan. She has great insight. She's worked hard to understand Lori.

She talks about cluster B personality disorders (antisocial, borderline, histrionic, and narcissistic) and how difficult it is for people with this, like Lori, to admit fault.

Megan has tried to remain open and understanding of Lori, but after Lori's statement in court today...she has given up.
(I don't blame her.)

She said her daughters father was sexually abusing her. Was there any evidence of this? I didn’t really follow the trial so this is the first I’ve heard about it
Here's a kind of precis into the tangled web:

I really admire Megan. She has great insight. She's worked hard to understand Lori.

She talks about cluster B personality disorders (antisocial, borderline, histrionic, and narcissistic) and how difficult it is for people with this, like Lori, to admit fault.

Megan has tried to remain open and understanding of Lori, but after Lori's statement in court today...she has given up.
(I don't blame her.)
Does Megan talk about this in other places than just the above ep of Hidden True Crime? (I mean, I'll watch that one too; but I'm interested in anything.)

I think it's interesting that Lori is determined by some people, including some professionals, to be suffering with delusions.

Since 2018 she was talking on podcasts about meeting Jesus, telling Charles that he was possessed and she would murder him, telling police and her family that Charles was cheating on her, modifying her behavior to pass an emergency mental health evaluation, telling others she was gathering the 144,000, telling JJ's school and Colby that she was relocating for a new job, telling law enforcement and others that her brother and/or Kay were trying to kill her or kidnap JJ, that Tylee was at college, that Charles died of a heart attack, etc etc etc

I call it plain old lying.

- as well as manipulation and persecution, due ultimately to consciousness of wrongdoing. It's how she operates, always.

I don't believe it started in 2018, I believe she has always done it and it was brought up years earlier in the family courts. I don't know why it didn't form part of the PSI, even if it wasn't a criminal record. It feels as if her history with Joe Ryan and her recruiting Alex to attack him has just been swept under the rug. She has always got away with this behavior and been enabled by others.

She is just a liar. A con artist.

JMO
Sorry to pry but I am very interested in the bolded part, as I’ve read more than a few people say something similar.

Just curious, does this mean that you think she successfully fooled multiple doctors & mental health professionals over a prolonged period of time? That’s something I’ve always gone back and forth on, and I’m still not sure what to think of it.

I guess that my difficulty is feeling that someone who is trying to outsmart and manipulate those around them, that they would try and act and say things in ways that would potentially benefit themselves…& I’m not sure how anything she said did anything to help/benefit her when it came to her sentencing today. That’s lead me to lean more towards her believing some of the stuff she said. I also think she could be delusional and still also willingly and knowingly lie to others, for whatever that’s worth, but just my 2cents there.

(I don't blame her.)
She makes some very good points. Ignore her and we will starve her.

Sorry to pry but I am very interested in the bolded part, as I’ve read more than a few people say something similar.

Just curious, does this mean that you think she successfully fooled multiple doctors & mental health professionals over a prolonged period of time? That’s something I’ve always gone back and forth on, and I’m still not sure what to think of it.

I guess that my difficulty is feeling that someone who is trying to outsmart and manipulate those around them, that they would try and act and say things in ways that would potentially benefit themselves…& I’m not sure how anything she said did anything to help/benefit her when it came to her sentencing today. That’s lead me to lean more towards her believing some of the stuff she said. I also think she could be delusional and still also willingly and knowingly lie to others, for whatever that’s worth, but just my 2cents there.
Agreed, and (IMO) it's a minefield to explain, when you're trying to explain it to people who have not known religious zealotry; because these people keep trying to apply common sense and logic to the situation/belief system.

"Surely NObody with any common sense could believe..."

Well, when we deal with Lori, we're not dealing with someone with common sense.

We're dealing with a hard core religious zealot of a woman, steeped in a rather restrictive specialty version of an already restrictive belief system for decades, who repetitiously keeps repeating and dwelling upon the same themes and insults because, IMO, one, she's had them mentally drilled into her skull all her life; and two, well, let's face it, she's simply not that bright.

When Lori related that death experience during childbirth, it stood out to me because I'd never heard that before.
Now after watching Megan, who also had no knowledge of that, nor did anyone else in Lori's circle, it becomes evident that it never happened.
Megan was right imo because had Lori had such a link to the spiritual world she would have "shouted that experience from the rooftops".

Agreed, and (IMO) it's a minefield to explain, when you're trying to explain it to people who have not known religious zealotry; because these people keep trying to apply common sense and logic to the situation/belief system.

"Surely NObody with any common sense could believe..."

Well, when we deal with Lori, we're not dealing with someone with common sense.

We're dealing with a hard core religious zealot of a woman, steeped in a rather restrictive specialty version of an already restrictive belief system for decades, who repetitiously keeps repeating and dwelling upon the same themes and insults because, IMO, one, she's had them mentally drilled into her skull all her life; and two, well, let's face it, she's simply not that bright.
thank you so much, you described some of my thoughts much better than I could articulate :)

I watched the live sentencing, and I yelled out yes when she was found guilty and then during the sentencing. I was shaking my head hearing her read the statement letter, about how her kids and Chad's first wife (sorry can't remember her name) came to her and said they told her she did nothing wrong.

I watched the live sentencing, and I yelled out yes when she was found guilty and then during the sentencing. I was shaking my head hearing her read the statement letter, about how her kids and Chad's first wife (sorry can't remember her name) came to her and said they told her she did nothing wrong.
Tammy.

Lori said that Tammy came to her in the spirit world and they are now friends.

It's a horrific statement to make. It's a slam in the face of Tammy's family. And it's fiction...abusive fiction.

Lori's cousin, Megan, was horrified to hear Lori say this. I can't imagine how Tammy's family felt.

Does Megan talk about this in other places than just the above ep of Hidden True Crime? (I mean, I'll watch that one too; but I'm interested in anything.)

She has written a book and has a website.

ETA: I just checked the website and it's not Lori-related.

Last edited:
If I remember reading correctly, LVD also researched life ins. for the children, before their deaths, and also sought to sell JJ's service dog ? Like the final and putrid insult to a little boy who needed his companion dog and I'm sure someone like his grands would've been happy to take the dog in ?

Snipped for focus.

As the judge mentions, LVD in FACT sold JJ's service dog. It was not a potential plan, but acted upon. And FWIW a "service dog" is a medical necessity and specially trained, not an emotional support dog (although they can coincidentally be that, too, even though that's not their primary function).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper