GUILTY ID - Doomsday Cult Victims - Joshua Vallow, Tylee Ryan, Tammy Daybell *Arrests* #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@Niner
Finally see a mention of Chad :

10:58 am, October 5, 2023
:[…]

The trial for Chad Daybell is scheduled to begin April 1 in Ada County. A status conference in his case will be held via Zoom on Tuesday at 2 p.m. EastIdahoNews.com will livestream the hearing.

@Niner
Finally see a mention of Chad :

10:58 am, October 5, 2023

The trial for Chad Daybell is scheduled to begin April 1 in Ada County. A status conference in his case will be held via Zoom on Tuesday at 2 p.m. EastIdahoNews.com will livestream the hearing.

Thanks! :)

Tuesday, Oct. 10th:
*Status Conference Hearing via Zoom (@ 2pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – for *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set to begin on 4/3/23 & continued on 4/1/24 (thru 5/31). Trial will be held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Lindsey Blake, Rob Wood & Rachel Smith & defense attorneys Jim Archibald & John Thomas.

Previous charges, Grand jury indictment & Court info from 6/10/20 thru 2/27/23 reference post #509 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-67.655419/page-26

5/4/23 Update: After Lori’s trial on Thursday, 5/4/23, a status conference was held for Daybell. Judge & attorneys discussed when his trial will be able to start. John Prior & Daybell via zoom attended meeting. One of the prosecutors has an event next May so prosecutors ask if Boyce is considering next year, June would be preferred. Blake says the state is not opposed to having the trial earlier. The months of March, April & May are problematic. Prior says he is fine with having the trial in June 2024.
For more info see post #504 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...bell-charles-vallow-arrests-73.676467/page-26

6/2/23 Update: Notice trial setting, pretrial conference & scheduling Order governing further proceedings filed. Trial date is scheduled to begin 4/1/24 @ 9am & will run through the end of May. All Discovery is due by 2/1/24. Final pretrial conference will be held on 2/22/24 @ 9:30am in the Fremont Courthouse. Jury questionnaire is due to the Court by 1/5/24. Proposed jury instructions, a list of all exhibits & witnesses must be submitted to the Court by 3/11/24. Trial will be held in Ada County.
10/5/23 Update: Daybell has a status conference in his case & will be held via Zoom on Tuesday, 10/10/23 at 2pm.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 50) – Fremont County: Trial started on 4/10/23 & ended 5/10/23. 5/12/23: Guilty of all charges. Sentenced (7/31/23) to 3 consecutive life without parole sentence. 8/31/23 Update: Jim Archibald, Vallow's attorney has filed a Notice of Appeal & a motion to appoint state appellate public defender. New appeal attorney Craig Durham.

[…]

One point of contention that arose near the end of the hearing came as the State expressed their frustration that the main basis of the severance was Defense Attorney John Prior saying that he was going to pursue additional DNA testing, the key reason Judge Boyce granted severing Lori and Chad's trials into two separate trials. Prior no longer plans to do the testing, and neither does the state, who apparently are satisfied with the amount of DNA testing that has already been done.

[…]

Chad Daybell's capital trial preparation kicks off, defense requests courtroom cameras

NewsNation) — Vicki Hoban, the aunt of Lori Vallow victim Tammy Daybell, and Larry Woodcock, the grandfather of JJ Vallow, told NewsNation’s “Banfield” they’re hopeful that Chad Daybell’s trial is fair.

“All we want is a fair, honest, righteous trial. That’s all we can ask for,” Woodcock said during a “Banfield” appearance Tuesday night.

[…]

Vicki Hoban said the trials “are always in the back of our minds.”

“We’re just putting one foot in front of the other,” Hoban said on “Banfield.” “We’re like everybody else in the world … watching these little steps. Today, another one kind of opens the book again and refreshes. It’s like ripping the Band-Aid off again.”

[…]

First time posting, hope posts like these are allowed! Please do let me know if content like this is discouraged.

I sat in for a week of Lori Vallow's trial to do some courtroom sketch art (separately from my friend Lisa, the official courtroom sketch artist hired by the press). Here are some practice courtroom sketches I did from the Zoom virtual hearing yesterday for Chad Daybell's case.

2023-10-10 18-20-16.jpeg

First time posting, hope posts like these are allowed! Please do let me know if content like this is discouraged.

I sat in for a week of Lori Vallow's trial to do some courtroom sketch art (separate from my friend Lisa, the official courtroom sketch artist hired by the press). Here are some practice courtroom sketches I did from the Zoom virtual hearing yesterday for Chad Daybell's case.

View attachment 452842

Wow, these are great! You are very talented. It's a serious matter but I love how artistic they are - modern yet retro at the same time.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I'm excited that a date has been set. Can anyone tell me why the defence would want the trial televised? Surely the defence would be seeking some sort of plea deal, given the same evidence was just used to convict LV?

Maybe. Maybe not. LVD's attorneys let virtually all of the evidence, and anything the prosecution chose to say about it, go unchallenged. As a result, they were able to easily weave together a story that looked good to the jury, and that had no other explanation (because the defense didn't give them one to consider). It was neat and easy to follow, because it was the only thing the jury heard.

I suspect this will be a very different trial, with the defense challenging the claims of the prosecution and witnesses, aggressively confronting the witnesses about what they are saying happened, and bringing in experts who will say the state's story has big holes. Lots of confusion, and multiple views to wade through. As I recall, the prosec put their own favored twist on what the Chad-Lori conversations meant, but can they be just as easily painted as plans for chasing lust, rather than murder plans?

Chad didn't do anything in AZ and isn't being charged with any of that, so I doubt that line of "proof" can be used at all in his trial. (I still am not sure why they were allowed to use any of that with Lori either, frankly, since it wasn't in any of the ID charges, but that's a diff topic). I bet there will be a renewed claim that the death of TD was not a murder at all (with an attempt to show that idea was all built on bogus pseudo-science catering to a crime-seeking agenda long afterwards, since the original examiner said it was not murder).

And I expect CD will give the jury someone else to blame, by throwing Lori and/or Alex under the bus as the possible culprits of the kids' death (he doesn't have to prove they were, just has to offer reasonable doubt to the jury of whether he did it), with him having no knowledge that it would happen at all. Remember, she's certifiably crazy, and has arguably left a long trail of bodies in her wake over many years, with Alex her partner in crime, and with those as probably fairly easy-to-prove assertions, it certainly provides Chad someone to point to as who very well might be to blame instead of him.

Whether that will work remains to be seen, but it's potentially a much different circus than the trial we saw in May, and who knows.

Last edited:
snipped for focus

Chad didn't do anything in AZ and isn't being charged with any of that, so I doubt that line of "proof" can be used at all in his trial. (I still am not sure why they were allowed to use any of that with Lori either, frankly, since it wasn't in any of the ID charges, but that's a diff topic).
That has bothered a lot of us. Different topic, certainly, but one I’m interested in discussing. Do you know if that can be done in this thread?

Maybe. Maybe not. LVD's attorneys let virtually all of the evidence, and anything the prosecution chose to say about it, go unchallenged. As a result, they were able to easily weave together a story that looked good to the jury, and that had no other explanation (because the defense didn't give them one to consider). It was neat and easy to follow, because it was the only thing the jury heard.

I suspect this will be a very different trial, with the defense challenging the claims of the prosecution and witnesses, aggressively confronting the witnesses about what they are saying happened, and bringing in experts who will say the state's story has big holes. Lots of confusion, and multiple views to wade through. As I recall, the prosec put their own favored twist on what the Chad-Lori conversations meant, but can they be just as easily painted as plans for chasing lust, rather than murder plans?

Chad didn't do anything in AZ and isn't being charged with any of that, so I doubt that line of "proof" can be used at all in his trial. (I still am not sure why they were allowed to use any of that with Lori either, frankly, since it wasn't in any of the ID charges, but that's a diff topic). I bet there will be a renewed claim that the death of TD was not a murder at all (with an attempt to show that idea was all built on bogus pseudo-science catering to a crime-seeking agenda long afterwards, since the original examiner said it was not murder).

And I expect CD will give the jury someone else to blame, by throwing Lori and/or Alex under the bus as the possible culprits of the kids' death (he doesn't have to prove they were, just has to offer reasonable doubt to the jury of whether he did it), with him having no knowledge that it would happen at all. Remember, she's certifiably crazy, and has arguably left a long trail of bodies in her wake over many years, with Alex her partner in crime, and with those as probably fairly easy-to-prove assertions, it certainly provides Chad someone to point to as who very well might be to blame instead of him.

Whether that will work remains to be seen, but it's potentially a much different circus than the trial we saw in May, and who knows.
Such a quinky-dink that he called Tammy about shooting & burying a raccoon. Yeah, explain that and later she conveniently died on his watch.
IMO he is the haute evil one. The mastermind of it all. Stop at nothing. Devil re incarnate. Constructed unbelievable carnage. He dismembered & burned a child down to her jawbone..shovel tool proudly propped in his shed.
I know CD defense thinks if it’s televised the NG sayers & trolls will come out of the woodwork for the sport if it. As disappointed as I was LVD trial not being televised. I can see why now.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back