Found Deceased ID - Dylan Parker, 18, Osburn, 12 January 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The article posted by wenwe4 said that it was just happened upon.....

"Two men were out searching for an ATV that had rolled off a road into a snowy, heavily wooded ravine when they discovered the body. "

That's interesting. Was Dylan on the ATV?

RIP sweet Dylan!
Do you think there's a chance he went the wrong direction unknowingly.

I wonder why it took 10 days to find him. Were they not searching in that direction or was the body hidden in some way, shallow grave?

RIP sweet Dylan!
Do you think there's a chance he went the wrong direction unknowingly.

It's possible if he were drunk or high but all accounts I've read seemed to indicate he was neither. I guess toxicology will tell.

So saddened by this news. I do agree it sounds like foul play...prayers for his heartbroken family.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_c890ab6e-2102-5894-9d84-ae6bd77dddf0.html

Compelling details of the death of Brianna Cook, a 17-year-old from Pinehurst who was discovered hanging in her father's bathroom in the early morning hours of Oct. 26, may provide a link to the ongoing death investigation of Dylan Parker...

Several months apart, both teenagers left from the same home, at the same time of the night and apparently began walking down the same road, Palin said. "There's no way it's a coincidence," she said...

Palin obtained a copy of her daughter's autopsy report, which was conducted at the Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office. A summary of case findings states that Cook suffered from "asphyxia due to hanging by ligature" and "blunt impact to the head" with a "contusion of forehead."

Wow...so Brianna's sister is at the party asking if anyone knows about Brianna's death...in walks Dylan, who is told everything's fine and leaves...and a few hours later he disapears. Yes, I think something is going on there.

Wow...so Brianna's sister is at the party asking if anyone knows about Brianna's death...in walks Dylan, who is told everything's fine and leaves...and a few hours later he disapears. Yes, I think something is going on there.

"Palin said that on Saturday, Jan. 11, her sister visited the same home in Osburn to ask the people there about Brianna and if they knew anything about her death. At one point during the conversation Palin's sister was having about Cook, Dylan Parker allegedly entered the room and was told everything was fine and to go back out, Palin said."

http://www.cdapress.com/news/local_news/article_c890ab6e-2102-5894-9d84-ae6bd77dddf0.html

Compelling details of the death of Brianna Cook, a 17-year-old from Pinehurst who was discovered hanging in her father's bathroom in the early morning hours of Oct. 26, may provide a link to the ongoing death investigation of Dylan Parker...

Several months apart, both teenagers left from the same home, at the same time of the night and apparently began walking down the same road, Palin said. "There's no way it's a coincidence," she said...

Palin obtained a copy of her daughter's autopsy report, which was conducted at the Spokane County Medical Examiner's Office. A summary of case findings states that Cook suffered from "asphyxia due to hanging by ligature" and "blunt impact to the head" with a "contusion of forehead."

I'm a bit confused about the two statements I bolded. Does this mean the party Dylan attended was in the home of Brianna Cook's father?

I agree this sounds as if it might all be related. But Dylan's body didn't have any apparent indicators of foul play. If he was murdered it must have been something he ingested (toxicology tests will tell).

I'm a bit confused about the two statements I bolded. Does this mean the party Dylan attended was in the home of Brianna Cook's father?

I agree this sounds as if it might all be related. But Dylan's body didn't have any apparent indicators of foul play. If he was murdered it must have been something he ingested (toxicology tests will tell).

No. Brianna left a party at that home and either drove or walked to her dad's house and was found there. Dylan walked from that same home a few months later and was found deceased on the side of the road. Brianna's family does not believe she killed herself. They believe she was murdered.

Palin said her daughter was on her knees when she died even though she was found hanging by her father. The autopsy report, Palin said, concluded that the teenager had bruising on her knees and that investigators know the impact on her forehead was from a circular metal object.

Just to play devil's advocate here:
-The bruises on her knees aren't proof she died on her knees.
-It's probably fairly easy to bruise yourself in the course of attempting suicide by hanging in a bathroom, which seems like it might take a couple tries to pull off "successfully" for lack of a better word.
-The complicated knots could have been previously tied.

No. Brianna left a party at that home and either drove or walked to her dad's house and was found there. Dylan walked from that same home a few months later and was found deceased on the side of the road. Brianna's family does not believe she killed herself. They believe she was murdered.

For clarification: Brianna left the party and was picked up by her sister as she began walking - she did not walk or drive herself back to her father's home.

Just to play devil's advocate here:
-The bruises on her knees aren't proof she died on her knees.
-It's probably fairly easy to bruise yourself in the course of attempting suicide by hanging in a bathroom, which seems like it might take a couple tries to pull off "successfully" for lack of a better word.
-The complicated knots could have been previously tied.

I appreciate you playing devil's advocate and do it myself often - I think it really helps in many cases to see things we so often miss.

Can you offer a DA position re the round contusion on her forehead that LE says came from a metal object? If hanging and falling, for example, you can't really hit your forehead, if your neck is truly bound up in knots.

This is so odd. Coincidences happen and truth is often stranger than fiction, but this just stinks.

I appreciate you playing devil's advocate and do it myself often - I think it really helps in many cases to see things we so often miss.

Can you offer a DA position re the round contusion on her forehead that LE says came from a metal object? If hanging and falling, for example, you can't really hit your forehead, if your neck is truly bound up in knots.

This is so odd. Coincidences happen and truth is often stranger than fiction, but this just stinks.

I don't have a good explanation for that one. A towel rack is the best I could come up with. It's hard to say one way or the other without knowing what she was hanging from, what else was in the bathroom, etc. Is it possible those bruises happened at the party?

Maybe this case should get its own thread on here? Since this is for Dylan and we're sorta going off topic.

Oh ok! Got it now. Thank you Surfie!

Could be she struggled when she couldn't breath anymore, even if she wanted to die, and hit her head on a pipe, tap, or another metal object.

ETA: I find it so horrible to try to imagine things like that :(

I don't have a good explanation for that one. A towel rack is the best I could come up with. It's hard to say one way or the other without knowing what she was hanging from, what else was in the bathroom, etc. Is it possible those bruises happened at the party?

Maybe this case should get its own thread on here? Since this is for Dylan and we're sorta going off topic.

Agree Brianna should have her own thread but don't think it's off topic for this one. The speculation is that the 2 deaths are related and I think it's possible and worth discussing.

It is hard for me to figure out just how they are related. I know it is highly coincidental that they both left the party house and died inexplicably. But the manner of death is seemingly different and they do not seem to have any connections, other than partying at that house. But if it is a well known place to hang out and party then it might just be a 'coincidence' after all. It might be a matter of numbers. Lots of kids get high or drunk there so better chances that one or more have bad outcomes? IDK

But it hurts my heart to see DECEASED next to this handsome young mans' name. RIP Dylan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back