Found Alive ID - Jaylynn, 6, Madison, 7, & Joshua Dundon, 29, Boise, 10 May 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow thank goodness. I did not think this would end well. I was having Josh Powell flashbacks.

Hopefully those girls have a safe and stable home with their mom.

Monday afternoon, Vera Baumann alerted authorities that a man she believed to be Dundon had walked up to her Nevada ranch, barefoot, cold, sickly and asking for help. Baumann had heard about the burned vehicle and seen news reports about the missing girls. She said that raised her suspicions when the stranger approached her home.

Baumann's husband, 72-year-old Jim Baumann, went out to talk to Dundon while she grabbed a shotgun and called 911.

Baumann said Dundon offered the couple several hundred dollars if they would help him, and the girls were nowhere in sight.

"He said he left them behind," Baumann said. "He knew they were not going to make it, so he walked in for help."
Authorities arrived at the ranch a short time later, and the search for the girls began.

Logan later said Dundon tried to give them information about where the girls were located, but was suffering from hypothermia and could not provide detailed directions.
After several hours of searching, rescuers found the girls about 1 mile (1.6 kilometers) from the Baumanns' home. The girls were taken to a Boise hospital for treatment of exposure and reunited with family. They are expected to make a full recovery, Logan said.
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44267910&ni...ged-after-2-missing-kids-found-safe-in-nevada

It's a miracle they are alive! Those poor little girls must have been so scared. Now why the heck did he take them out in to the wilderness and then abandon them to die?!? :scared:

Glad to see they are found. Now, if we could just have a few more happy endings here . . .

turns out you were probably right

I am embarrassed to admit I assumed this was a parental abduction case at first glance...but it doesn't appear that way based on the article.

I think he left them there so that he could get help to them. He knew they were in trouble survival-wise. He didnèt walk up to the ranch with guns blazing demanding help - according to the article, he was begging for help. Ièm not defending him because he was wrong in all kinds of ways but I do think his final action was to try and save his girls from hypothermia, starvation, or death. At least this is how it appears to me based on the limited information that has been released.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44267910&ni...ged-after-2-missing-kids-found-safe-in-nevada

It's a miracle they are alive! Those poor little girls must have been so scared. Now why the heck did he take them out in to the wilderness and then abandon them to die?!? :scared:

I think he left them there so that he could get help to them. He knew they were in trouble survival-wise. He didnèt walk up to the ranch with guns blazing demanding help - according to the article, he was begging for help. Ièm not defending him because he was wrong in all kinds of ways but I do think his final action was to try and save his girls from hypothermia, starvation, or death. At least this is how it appears to me based on the limited information that has been released.
I agree. I think at this point he realized it was time to give up and ask for help because of the condition he and the girls were in

Yes I'm glad he did instead of letting them all die out there.

yes, I agree. the wording to me did not suggest he left them with no intention to return. he said they wouldn't make the walk IMO.

I think he left them there so that he could get help to them. He knew they were in trouble survival

The point of my question above (which seems to have been missed) was WHY were they out there in the first place? He took them out of school on Wednesday, took them 6 hours away to another state and took them into the woods in freezing weather. IMO, this wasn't just a camping trip gone wrong. They didn't just get lost on a fun father-daughter hike (JMO). Why was his truck burned? Why were his personal items scattered throughout the woods? Why were there spent shell casings around the truck? And the sound of gunshots? What was his plan? Was he on drugs? Out of his mind? Just trying to get back at his ex? Trying to fake his death and flee with the girls? What happened?!? I guess we probably won't get answers... So I'll just leaving it at this: I'm very happy the girls survived his poor choices and I hope they won't have to survive them again. :moo:

The point of my question above (which seems to have been missed) was WHY were they out there in the first place? He took them out of school on Wednesday, took them 6 hours away to another state and took them into the woods in freezing weather. IMO, this wasn't just a camping trip gone wrong. They didn't just get lost on a fun father-daughter hike (JMO). Why was his truck burned? Why were his personal items scattered throughout the woods? Why were there spent shell casings around the truck? And the sound of gunshots? What was his plan? Was he on drugs? Out of his mind? Just trying to get back at his ex? Trying to fake his death and flee with the girls? What happened?!? I guess we probably won't get answers... So I'll just leaving it at this: I'm very happy the girls survived his poor choices and I hope they won't have to survive them again. :moo:
Right?!? WTF happened here exactly?

[h=1]More details about the rescue of 2 missing Idaho girls released[/h]
Few knew that the young school-aged sisters from Boise, Idaho, were missing along with their dad when Lester and Kathy Porter decided to take a hike in the hills near the Porter's home last Thursday.

Police say Joshua Dundon was locked in a custody dispute with the girls' mother when he checked his kids out of elementary school on Wednesday. It was the next day when Dundon's silver pickup passed the Porters as they walked up a hill toward Richmond Spring.

At the top of the hill, they heard the pickup start to rev its engine.

"We stepped into a little clearing and the pickup suddenly went in reverse in front of us at a pretty high rate of speed. No one was in the vehicle and the cab of the pickup was on fire," Kathy Porter said.

The flaming truck hit some rocks and then stopped. Lester Porter shouted a question: Are you OK?

"A man stuck his head out of some brush and said, 'Yea, I'm OK,'" Kathy Porter said. "He was just way too calm, the way he said it. We immediately knew something was wrong," Kathy said.

The Porters decided to call for help, but heard a child start to softly cry as they turned away. They couldn't see the child, but saw the man turn and calmly soothe the child.

http://idahostatejournal.com/news/l...cle_f37598de-798f-5e1e-a28f-5583e91e25df.html

:what:

What a bizarre story, very hard to make sense of. Glad the kids are okay, though. This could have gone so sideways.

He may have had plans to carry out something much worse. In the end he couldn't go through with it. Thank God for that!

Very strange. The witness reporting that he was calm and soothing to his daughter makes me think he may be mentally ill, not bad or evil. I hope he gets the help he needs and can one day be a big part of his daughters' lives again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boise AMBER Alert father extradited back to Idaho
A Boise father accused of pulling his two young daughters out of school and taking them on the run to Nevada is back in Idaho.

Joshua Dundon, 29, was booked into the Ada County Jail just before 10 p.m. Thursday night on two felony charges of custodial interference.

During a video arraignment Friday afternoon, Dundon's bond was set for $5 million and the judge issued a no contact order between Dundon, his two daughters and their mother. His preliminary hearing is set for June 16 at 8:30 a.m. with Judge Michael Oths. Dundon's attorney says he plans on filing a bond reduction early next week.

Boise dad pleads guilty in AMBER Alert case

dundon3_1497638957473_9831283_ver1.0.JPG

BOISE -- A Boise man who pulled his two little girls out of school and fled to a remote mountain in Nevada earlier this year has accepted a plea deal.

Joshua Dundon, 33, admitted to felony custodial interference - which falls under Idaho's kidnapping laws - and an infliction of great bodily harm sentencing enhancement Wednesday.
Prosecutors say Dundon, who shared joint custody with the girls' mother, had been gripped by methamphetamine-fueled delusions when he went on the run. The defendant's family told police his increasingly strange behavior was concerning enough that they went over to his home to get the children the night before he fled with them.
Investigators later discovered that Dundon had torn holes in his walls, nailed all the doors and closets shut, and booby-trapped the house by leaking gas into it.
http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/boise-dad-pleads-guilty-in-amber-alert-case/474805391

BBM. Finally we get some answers to what happened. I hope his time in prison has helped him get off the meth. This is so scary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee
Back