Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow... did not realize that there were live in nannies, though I do recall the one interviewed near the disappearance of JJ. thanks.
Well that was just a babysitter/care provider, not a live-in, but there were at least two, one in Hawaii and one in AZ. I will have to find links, they were found very early in the case. Moo.

Does anyone else feel a little queasy about the release of these documents? This is the first case I've followed on WebSleuths and making child custody documents with details about therapy sessions public seems...not right to me? What are some of the justifications for it? I'm not judging anyone for wanting to know the information in them at all. I completely understand that. I just don't know how I feel about it right now, and would like some opinions from other WebSleuthers. Colby is a victim in all of this. I would think he will suffer having these documents released as it sounds like there is a lot of very personal and private information in them. These were therapy sessions (for underage children) and therapy should always be confidential. How could these documents be legally "bought" and released? I don't understand. MOO.

ETA to clarify the part that bothers me is the apparent release of information gained in therapy sessions. I realize we've had access to child custody documents for MBP and BB for quite a while. It's the info gathered during therapy sessions for underage kids that may be released that bothers me. I don't understand how that is legal.
I don't quite understand it either, there are so many details that will be very painful for several people. And even though they are now adults, it's not as though they will be automatically able to deal with it. I believe this spread of information is going to do much much more harm than good (I guess that good is to demonstrate how long Lori's abuse of the children had been going on, but we already suspected as much, plus we are not prosecutors and it is not our job). Moo.

<modsnip: referenced post was removed>

I don't quite understand it either, there are so many details that will be very painful for several people. And even though they are now adults, it's not as though they will be automatically able to deal with it. I believe this spread of information is going to do much much more harm than good (I guess that good is to demonstrate how long Lori's abuse of the children had been going on, but we already suspected as much, plus we are not prosecutors and it is not our job). Moo.

I didn't even know this was something that was possible. Buying records and court documents to expose people yet not protect the children or names involved at the time seems immoral at the least. I understand the access and transparency to records but there is a fine line in DOXXING MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have thought HIPAA regulations would have prevented the release? IMO

@Tortoise - was wondering on LV if there was a hearing for the Madison County charges - or are they being combined with the Fremont County charges? I had Madison County charges hearing on 7/9 & 7/10, but I know they were cancelled. Have Fremont county charges on 8/10 & 8/11.

TIA! :)
No hearing and not combined with the Fremont charges.

Perhaps they don't view it as important enough to bother doing anything, being as it's three misdemeanors, and they'll just sit there for the time being?

I had wondered if she might be moved to Fremont County jail even, but I'm just waiting and watching to see what's coming. I suppose murder charges (when they come) would be in Madison Co.

Does anyone else feel a little queasy about the release of these documents? This is the first case I've followed on WebSleuths and making child custody documents with details about therapy sessions public seems...not right to me? What are some of the justifications for it? I'm not judging anyone for wanting to know the information in them at all. I completely understand that. I just don't know how I feel about it right now, and would like some opinions from other WebSleuthers. Colby is a victim in all of this. I would think he will suffer having these documents released as it sounds like there is a lot of very personal and private information in them. These were therapy sessions (for underage children) and my understanding is therapy should always be confidential. How could these documents be legally "bought" and released? I don't understand. MOO.

ETA to clarify the part that bothers me is the apparent release of information gained in therapy sessions. I realize we've had access to child custody documents for MBP and BB for quite a while. It's the info gathered during therapy sessions for underage kids that may be released that bothers me. I don't understand how that is legal.
I agree that these are children and should not be made public. At the very least they should be redacted. There are very sensitive items and I would be ashamed if WS allowed them to be posted.

As somebody who has personally had therapy i find the release of such documents pretty disturbing, The confidentially of therapy is a huge reason many people are even able to open up about their issues and receive help, things like this could actually put people off taking therapy and getting help.

As somebody who has personally had therapy i find the release of such documents pretty disturbing, The confidentially of therapy is a huge reason many people are even able to open up about their issues and receive help, things like this could actually put people off taking therapy and getting help.
Not to mention, what you say and feel is then INTERPRETED by the therapist, and THEN documented, so what is kept on file or (unbelievably) released is not even necessarily the truth. What a complete nightmare. Moo.

Does anyone else feel a little queasy about the release of these documents? This is the first case I've followed on WebSleuths and making child custody documents with details about therapy sessions public seems...not right to me? What are some of the justifications for it? I'm not judging anyone for wanting to know the information in them at all. I completely understand that. I just don't know how I feel about it right now, and would like some opinions from other WebSleuthers. Colby is a victim in all of this. I would think he will suffer having these documents released as it sounds like there is a lot of very personal and private information in them. These were therapy sessions (for underage children) and my understanding is therapy should always be confidential. How could these documents be legally "bought" and released? I don't understand. MOO.

It does bother me as well. I always put myself in someone else’s shoes and I would hate for my child to be dragged into something so public.

But, I don’t understand how these were even available to be purchased and released. I don’t understand how they weren’t sealed?

Agreed they are good to demonstrate her longstanding abuse, and agree with the fact that it’s prosecutors job. For a jury’s eyes. I never realized that info like this could ever be released to the public.

Last edited:
I don't believe that is the case. If you examine closely the relationships of the who/what to the person discussing the cameras, it would not make any sense. Rather, protective mode would come into effect. Moo.
It does if you remember that the custody cases were joined. I don't want to say more here as minors are involved.

<modsnip: >

Yes, totally sharing the queasiness! The documents I have seen are not notes on therapy sessions, but are report(s) to the court by the therapist. To be frank, this would not be allowed in the UK and I suspect there must be some kind of legal remedy available in the US to suppress those documents being released. Can injunctions be sought in the US?

It does bother me as well. I always put myself in someone else’s shoes and I would hate for my child to be dragged into something so public.

But, I don’t understand how these were even available to be purchased and released. I don’t understand how they weren’t sealed?
Before publishing them, I would want to ensure that they have been released legally and I would want an indemnity from the person I purchased them from.

Has anyone kept track of all "unexpected deaths" regarding Ms. Vallow - including her sister and attorney? And what are the two lucky earlier husbands up to and what are their thoughts?

I must say I find the details of the JR divorce to be irrelevant, potentially damaging to innocent parties, and a distraction from IMHO more important concerns, such as the size, scope, and makeup of a possible larger group that some of us suspect supported Chad and Lori in one way or another for one reason or another. As I said way back when, if you see a group of people acting in ways that can't be easily explained by what you know about them, it's time to look for an outside agent influencing their behavior.

Documents have been released, purchased by Individual WS members or we have chipped in to purchase such documents in the past. Also Media has purchased them. The documents were gone over by Tricia or WS Members appointed by her. This was done before we saw them unless Media published first and the documents were brought over. I do remember Media looking over documents first in some cases. One case nor little Angel Caylee Anthony’s case.

I trust Tricia totally and will await her decision on these documents. No one is ever forced to read anything. These documents are being released by the Courts to the Public by law. National Information of Freedom Act. Below how it pertains to Idaho.

Idaho FOIA Laws | National Freedom of Information Coalition

Can we please have a US Lawyer chime in. I know we have great International Lawyers but we need a US lawyer here. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member