Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<Respectfully snipped for focus>

I see. Thanks. I read Justice Roberts' brief to imply that it was all about the incidental crime that popped out of the cell phone seized for another reason, not simply, "Get a warrant, JimBob."

Before CD was arrested he and LVD spent hours talking to each other. So let’s hope they talked in code somehow that something can be used against them at trial. Not to smart in my opinion

Actually, I should amend this by saying that Google Street View got a little lost at a dead end residential streeet, as it often does with newer buildings with newer building numbers. If you navigate manually you can find the small office building that both attorneys have claimed to be their office address. It apparently has space for multiple suites, so maybe they were (or are) just neighbors there?

It's a smallish town and MM is a smallish lawyer. I assume it's one of those community business incubators with the convenience of decent WiFi, a scanner/copier, and a conference room available to those renting the relatively affordable office spaces. If it's like the one in my small town, it beat's a dining room table but that's about it.

I still need to catch up. Checking in after a long day of studying. I just needed to say, I don’t know how to carry over posts and things yet. But thank you so much for the kind words, thoughts, and I’m not afraid to say it, love, that you all on this site convey.
Logging in tonight brought tears to my eyes. And I felt, like a big hug, one that I needed. Thank you.
Back to sleuthing.

I'm still wondering how his autopsy was completed and made public so much quicker than Tammy's (still waiting). I think they are both equally important in this tale. Are they being more careful and thorough with Tammy's? Wouldn't they carefully compare the two since its likely they died by the same means? MOO
I’m still catching up and this may have been addressed, but Tammy’s autopsy is being performed through an exhumation. Without being gruesome, takes much, much longer imo.

Relative of missing children speaks

I forget many of the fine details but in his interview with Fox 13 News it is stated that BB baptized Tylee. Is there more family connections between Lori and BB than just his marriage to Melani?
Such as?

ETA that seemed like a terse response lol! Sorry! I really am curious about your thoughts on this. Trying to catch up.

Last edited:
They were probably phones, ipads, etc...

They would not be "burner" phones. No one would describe post paid devices as burner phones.

Plus, they found 60 which I'm assuming are not included in the above numbers of what CV was paying for. The 22 was simply devices on his post paid plan which adds up quickly with family and devices
Some may describe posy paid devices as burner phones. Jmo

My fellow sleuth Ettie Mae. She knows all about Tylee, JJ, and all of you. She’s committed nightly, and sending all of you hugs. She probably has it figured out lol.

Attachments

• 8CB96A7C-8E89-4EF4-AB3B-C0084E4526A1.jpeg
    8CB96A7C-8E89-4EF4-AB3B-C0084E4526A1.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
IANAL, but I have a theory on Lori’s defense. It’s all IMO. Hopefully it’s okay to post.

This assumes that LE has enough electronic and/or physical evidence to male pinning the crimes on Alex a bad defense.

I’m sorry if this has been discussed at length and I’ve missed it, but the following University of Idaho Law Review link clarifies Idaho’s lack of an insanity defense, and that mental condition may be considered for establishing mens rea (intent).

https://www.uidaho.edu/-/media/UIda...hash=817B444FF49AAFF351E92E8EB7BFFE98566946AA

If I’m understanding it correctly, it sounds like Lori’s mental condition can come into it.

I think that the example on p. 18 of the PDF (p. 592 of the document) indicates that her defense could argue that she lacked mens rea to murder her children because she truly believed that she was killing zombies—not humans—so she lacked the intent necessary to commit first degree murder. IMO, they’ll likely argue this hoping to get it down to second degree murder or manslaughter. (Chad’s defense could technically go the same route.)

This sounds similar to diminished capacity to me, but again IANAL.

Diminished capacity and mens rea (vs. not guilty by reason of insanity) are discussed more generally at this Cornell link:

Diminished Capacity

Thoughts?

I don't believe that LVD qualifies under "Diminished Capacity". That type of defense is usually used for people who are lower functioning, with cognitive deficiencies. LVD had displayed her ability to plan, thwart, connive, and lie to evade LEO. The level of planning in this situation negates a "Diminished Capacity" defense INMO.

The Colorado Movie theater shooter, James Holmes, he did not get either Insanity nor Diminished Capacity, and to me, he looked and acted crazy. And Idaho is far more conservative than Colorado.

Last edited:
I don't believe that LVD qualifies under "Diminished Capacity". That type of defense is usually used for people who are lower functioning, with cognitive deficiencies. LVD had displayed her ability to plan, thwart, connive, and lie to evade LEO. The level of planning in this situation negates a "Diminished Capacity" defense INMO.

The Colorado Movie theater shooter, James Holmes, he did not get either Insanity nor Diminished Capacity, and to me, he looked and acted crazy. And Idaho is far more conservative than Colorado.
Wholeheartedly agree.

I always want to say “thank you” when people say that... but then I’m like wait! I didn’t make her lol! She is beautiful. She’s my baby. My little 15 month old spoiled brat baby who saved me more than I saved her. She found me and saved me. Like this site.

Good for her, I'm glad she found you! And I'm sure the feeling is mutual. She looks happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webrowser