Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nate Eaton - Reporter
1 hr ·
The FBI Mobile Command Center was in Rexburg for several weeks. I'm told it is now back in Salt Lake City but is available if needed in the future.

"We continue to assist Rexburg as the case progresses," a spokeswoman tells me.
I last saw it here on Monday Incase anyone was wondering

I truly hope that each department (from over the many years) that was involved with this ongoing tragedy, takes a long, hard look at what the hell went wrong - why things weren't followed up, why information wasn't correctly shared to the appropriate departments, why the law didn't step in and remove Lori (as advised), why this was allowed to carry on for so long without one department standing up and saying 'Right, this is ridiculous - we're calling a halt on this NOW!'

It would be a blessing if they ALL learned something from the terrible mistakes that were made here, so it didn't happen again - but sadly, these 'errors of judgements' seem to crop up time and time again - albeit not as gross as this case seems to be evolving into. It's almost like, with the track history we're starting to hear about, that those involved with LDV over the years, were so fed up with the amount of paperwork involved, that they put it all in the 'outbox' tray and left it for someone else, in another department, to deal with. Their failings in not acting on other professionals advice, has cost the lives of 2 beautiful children from growing up, and cutting short the lives of several adults. Truly, truly heartbreaking.
Do I dare say this? I'm curious if they didn't follow up, or take further action, not out of negligence or disregard, but protected LV because they were 'on her side'. I'm not going to actually say it....

Prosecutor Rob Wood would file a Motion to Consolidate. Here's the relevant snippet from the 7th Judicial District of Idaho rules:

"8. Consolidation of Cases. (1) Motions to consolidate cases shall be heard by the judge assigned to either the lowest numbered or the first filed case. (2) Notice of a motion to consolidate shall be given to all parties in each action involved and a copy shall be filed in each case involved. (3) In the event a motion is granted, the order shall specify the case number under which all future papers shall be filed, which shall be the lowest of the case numbers involved. Thereafter, that number shall be used exclusively for all papers filed only in the designated case file. (4) If a motion to consolidate is granted the case shall be heard by the judge who is assigned to the lowest numbered of the cases involved."

https://isc.idaho.gov/files/CourtRules_Seventh_Judicial_District.pdf

ETA: 1) JMO, IANAL. My Google skills are not sanctioned by the Idaho State Bar or 4 out of 5 dentists :D
2) I will miss Judge Eddins, he was growing on me
Thank you! I had the same thought as you. I will miss Judge Eddins. LOL my knowledge of law falls far shorter than your google skills. Wanna trade?

I last saw it here on Monday Incase anyone was wondering
Thanks. I am wondering what is happening behind the scenes with the FBI. Could they possibly have concluded all their work on this case? I don't see how that is possible with so many players, so much testing to be done, and covering so many jurisdictions.

Why would Judge Eddins have to be off the case?

Assuming they follow the rule I linked above (and below), Judge Mallard is presiding over the lower-numbered case, so the higher-numbered case (Fremont County, Judge Eddins presiding) would be merged into that case, and Judge Mallard would preside.

"8. Consolidation of Cases. (1) Motions to consolidate cases shall be heard by the judge assigned to either the lowest numbered or the first filed case. (2) Notice of a motion to consolidate shall be given to all parties in each action involved and a copy shall be filed in each case involved. (3) In the event a motion is granted, the order shall specify the case number under which all future papers shall be filed, which shall be the lowest of the case numbers involved. Thereafter, that number shall be used exclusively for all papers filed only in the designated case file. (4) If a motion to consolidate is granted the case shall be heard by the judge who is assigned to the lowest numbered of the cases involved."

This assumes, of course, that no other rules apply or override this one.

Assuming they follow the rule I linked above (and below), Judge Mallard is presiding over the lower-numbered case, so the higher-numbered case (Fremont County, Judge Eddins presiding) would be merged into that case, and Judge Mallard would preside.

ok thank you.

Because Judge Mallard is the presiding judge over the first set of charges which are the lower case number. As the guideline explains, if it is consolidated, it will be under the lower case number attached to the first set of charges. :)
I rather like Judge Eddins. And Judge Mallard is the judge who reduced LVD's bond. Not crazy about that.

Hoping murder charges are coming soon for both. I get that CD buried those children in his back yard and likely killed his wife. But LVD left behind a string of dead men and to think she is smiling in Hawaii after her husband and brother buried her children? She is a monstrous mother. And she is likely the killer of those children.

Do I dare say this? I'm curious if they didn't follow up, or take further action, not out of negligence or disregard, but protected LV because they were 'on her side'. I'm not going to actually say it....

Here, I'll say it for you: are they complicit? Will any of them be investigated and, if warranted, indicted as co-conspirators? (at least, I think this is where you were headed...?)

It's an interesting question. The fact that the FBI has considered JR's death part of the larger Vallow investigation since at least early May gives me hope that they'd be looking into other "missed connections", as it were, in these cases. I would hope it would include looking at anything suspicious in Rexburg or Gilbert or Chandler PD handling of any of the (potentially) related murder cases.

Last edited:
Prosecutor Rob Wood would file a Motion to Consolidate. Here's the relevant snippet from the 7th Judicial District of Idaho rules:

ETA: 1) JMO, IANAL. My Google skills are not sanctioned by the Idaho State Bar or 4 out of 5 dentists :D
2) I will miss Judge Eddins, he was growing on me

I am going to miZZ him too... ;)

Thanks. I am wondering what is happening behind the scenes with the FBI. Could they possibly have concluded all their work on this case? I don't see how that is possible with so many players, so much testing to be done, and covering so many jurisdictions.
Maybe they’ve gathered all the local evidence and are just running tests and doing background work now. All jmo

How would this play out for CD and LV and the prosecutor? So both would have separate judges but same prosecutor for the same case because LV had other charges? Am I understanding this right?

I don't know the first thing about the "judge business" but to me, Judge Mallard didn't seem to be nearly as organized as Judge Eddins. She didn't have a calendar for 2021 with her and had to recess to look over the previous hearing. I'd have thought she'd have been well versed on this case, as high profile as it is. I don't know........ maybe it's just me or that's just the way things are done.

I don't know the first thing about the "judge business" but to me, Judge Mallard didn't seem to be nearly as organized as Judge Eddins. She didn't have a calendar for 2021 with her and had to recess to look over the previous hearing. I'd have thought she'd have been well versed on this case, as high profile as it is. I don't know........ maybe it's just me or that's just the way things are done.
I agree and that's my fear.

Maybe they’ve gathered all the local evidence and are just running tests and doing background work now. All jmo
@SleuthD-o-doubleg, I thought the same thing but I'd think that even though the mobile unit is gone, FBI personnel may still be in town assisting as needed. Of course, in this day and age, I don't know if they'd even have to physically be there anymore.

@SleuthD-o-doubleg, I thought the same thing but I'd think that even though the mobile unit is gone, FBI personnel may still be in town assisting as needed. Of course, in this day and age, I don't know if they'd even have to physically be there anymore.
Very true. I think if there are still agents in the area, they are keeping quiet to not draw extra attention to whatever they are doing. Jmo

The last time Means argued for lowering bail, Judge Mallard refused to lower it. She's still got plenty of bail to answer for on the new charges. The judge knows she's going nowhere. :) Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member