Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder now what basis are they going to use for change of venue? They've already got most of the cameras out of the court room and very few people attending so they can't say that's a distraction. I don't know exactly how these parts of the legal system work though as far as what would be a valid reason and what wouldn't.

Well, he lives there and would have to be aware of what went on relative to his property. IMO
Really. Didn't Alex's phone ping in the backyard in the middle of the night when JJ was buried. Would a reasonable person believe that Alex was out there digging in the dark while Chad was sound asleep?

In addition, Chad's text to Tammy about his interesting morning shows that he was there all morning "burning limbs and debris, shooting and burying a large raccoon." This time overlaps with Alex's phone. I believe that Alex left at 11:52 a.m., and Chad sent his text to Tammy at 11:53 p.m.

It's a decently sized property (drove by on my way home from Yellowstone last week to see the memorials). Totally possible that Chad was out there shooting and burying the raccoon, and that he didn't see Alex burning and burying Tylee on the other side of the pet cemetery on the SAME morning, since it was so big at 20 x 20 feet. Totally possible. Seriously, though, I feel like Prior trying to create doubt about that dang raccoon, and I remember Chad's son saying that his dad DID bury one, but last summer, before all this went down. If they can uncover the actual, earlier raccoon, I can see Prior trying to claim it was the one from Sept 9. But how on earth do you get a jury to believe that even IF Alex and Lori did this all on their own, that Chad had zero knowledge about it after 2 separate burials? Even if he was scared for his life, why didn't he come clean after Alex was out of the picture, and Lori was behind bars? Total crap, all of it. Prior has zero chance, IMO.

I believe that text was sent literally within minutes from his property after the last ping location of AC on that same property. I just don't know if that fact is strong enough for probable cause. I want to believe it is.

That is the sort of thing that the prosecution needed to clearly point out in their closing arguments.

The good thing is they will learn from today and hopefully include that very important point in their criminal trial closing arguments.

Overall I thought the witnesses the prosecution brought were pretty good. The closing arguments however need to be revamped. :)

Holy Crap! I swear to God if I hear "to be quite honest" one more time, my ears are going to blow! Uh Mr. Prior, you are in a court of law, you are SUPPOSED, to be HONEST, ALL THE TIME! Not just when you say it jackass! He should be saying, "to be quite dishonest, like my client" ;)
He annoyed the he$$ out of me from the time he first opened his mouth yesterday with all of his blah, blah, blah and his bullying attempts with an edge of anger in his voice.
Sheesh.. Mr Prior---YOUR client is the one who had JJ and Tylee buried in his back yard, NOT the witnesses.

I guess we have to wait to find out why JP was so interested in whether or not MG and TR got along with each other. That was so odd to me.
I just think that it's part of the plan to blame Lori and Alex with Melanie being willing to cover for Lori. He wants to insinuate that Melanie lied about J.J., a kid that she liked. So, why wouldn't she also lie to cover for Lori about a child that she didn't like.

Justin Lum @jlumfox10 1m

NEXT: Preliminary hearing for Lori Vallow’s case set for next Monday-Tuesday (8/10-8/11) at 9AM MST. Represented by @MeansLaw & accused of two counts of conspiracy to conceal, destroy or alter evidence along w/ 3 misdemeanors.

I cannot wait to hear again in Lori's Preliminary Hearing that recording MG did of their call, particularly that part where LVD says: "JJ is safe and he's happy"...

...eleven weeks after his body was securely wrapped and placed in the ground, under some panels and three flat stones obviously placed by human hands out under a tree along the far edge of the pond on the property of the man she had been lusting after and married just a few weeks later.

Last edited:
According to his own texts to Tammy, he was also home that morning when Alex's phone pinged on his property, so he could not have missed Alex.
I am curious if any neighbors saw alexs vehicle at chads house at that time. Im hoping there will be a lot more coming out at trial.

That is the sort of thing that the prosecution needed to clearly point out in their closing arguments.

The good thing is they will learn from today and hopefully include that very important point in their criminal trial closing arguments.

Overall I thought the witnesses the prosecution brought were pretty good. The closing arguments however need to be revamped. :)
Agree !!!
Especially with Prosecutor Wood's closing arguments-- I dont know if he was getting emotional or what, but he sure bumbled through his statement.

According to his own texts to Tammy, he was also home that morning when Alex's phone pinged on his property, so he could not have missed Alex.
Yes, THIS! CD sent those texts to Tammy from a cellphone, but which number? Wouldn't it be relatively straightforward to get pings for that cellphone number? JMO

I think the defense would have a hard time building a case around this, simply because there's no motive there. What would Alex gain by killing JJ or Tylee or Tammy?

I think any defence might be quite technical.

Murder requires the actus reus - i.e an illegal act with requisite intent which killed each child. So the issue becomes, who actually murdered them?

The prosecution has some leeway in so called cut throat defences where the accused simply blame each other.

No doubt CD and LV will claim that AC did the murders, and worst case, they are accessories after the fact - i.e the are guilty of concealment but not of murder. He acted alone as far as the actual murders went.

The state would claim it is all a joint enterprise, and it doesn't matter which of them killed the kids physically.

I think a killer point is that the kids were murdered separately. That makes it quite hard for LV & CD to claim they were accessories after the fact

This is why the death of TD is so crucial. It becomes harder to believe it was AC acting alone, with TD dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme