Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they will. Attorney Scott Reisch, defense attorney, said new charges require a new preliminary.

You cannot have a preliminary for current charges and then keep adding on later without giving the defendant a new preliminary for new charges.
Can they not do an add on as a superseding indictment? The child was murdered, feet and hands bound.
What do they need to get this charge secured?

Yes they will. Attorney Scott Reisch, defense attorney, said new charges require a new preliminary.

You cannot have a preliminary for current charges and then keep adding on later without giving the defendant a new preliminary for new charges.

I'm hesitant to argue with the words of an attorney, but I'm not entirely sure that's accurate. There have been several cases in which additional charges are added through the course of a trial when the evidence supports it -- the trial itself won't stop to allow for another, costly, preliminary hearing for those charges.

A prosecutor might not make a final decision on what charges to file until after a preliminary hearing: Criminal Charges: How Cases Get Started

Is it possible that a second preliminary trial could happen, but isn't required?

Thank you for this! Something that struck me while listening is he’s about to be arrested, they both know it’s done, and he professes his love for her.
But now he’s taking the “Lori Vallow” approach in his defense. The attempted distancing now from Lori Daybell is not going to work imo.
And another thing:
"CHAD: Yes. Mark Means will be talking to you. They’re out on the property.
LORI: Are they seizing stuff?
CHAD: They’re searching & have a search warrant. We’ll see what transpires.
LORI: What can I do for you?
CHAD: I‘m feeling pretty calm, I would call Mark though and talk with him. I spoke with Mark. I love you so much."

CD said 2 x talk with Mark. MOO that a clear code.
MOO the conspiracy information that isn't being said on the phone is being coordinated by Mark Means.
MM has the coordinated story set up by CD between them.

IIRC Prior and Means have offices in same building as well.

Last edited:
..and all the while, he was sitting in his car seeing both of them being removed. And telling Lori such on the phone.
This. I think there was purpose in Lori Daybell asking her husband Chad if they were seizing anything. She knew those children were there, he knew those children were there, and I feel like this was an attempt at a coded question. Trying to find out if they’d found them. She specifically asked if they were seizing anything. Jmo

You know, I have followed this since suspicions were first raised about the children, but never really believed that they would have killed them. With her smiling and laughing in court, I would never have believed that anyone could be so cold and evil, all the while professing to be Christian.

You know, I have followed this since suspicions were first raised about the children, but never really believed that they would have killed them. With her smiling and laughing in court, I would never have believed that anyone could be so cold and evil, all the while professing to be Christian.
Crazy, huh? And Lori professes that the Lord has her back, per the taped phone call between her Chad, and Melanie Gibb. Boggles the mind. MOO.

Crazy, huh? And Lori professes that the Lord has her back, per the taped phone call between her Chad, and Melanie Gibb. Boggles the mind. MOO.
I run a huge Facebook knitting (yes the innocent pastime of knitting) site, sometimes we delete posts because they are not about knitting. I have received death threats from people whose Facebook pages are full of Bible verses and love of God. I think that they are just hedging their bets.

I believe Prior asked the Judge that it be placed “on record” that the venue change, if asked for, could also be out of State. And he said either the defense or the State could ask for that.
I guess he can dream
Are there any examples of cases being moved out of state anywhere in the US? The expense alone would be mind boggling. I can’t imagine Madison or Fremont county have the funds to do that. I have heard of trials being moved a county or two, but never between states.

Last edited:
I just watched Scott Reisch on YouTube. I think he is allowed here. He is an attorney. Scott said a murder charge would require another preliminary hearing. But he also said he does not believe a murder charge will be filed because if the DA had enough evidence, he would have combined murder with the charges he had.

I am bummed about that. I hate thinking had or Lori could walk after five years.

I keep thinking the don’t have enough for murder charges at this point, otherwise they would’ve filed them. It bums me out too. It seems crazy to just charge them with conspiracy to conceal. I mean, how did the kids die. WHY the need to conceal in the first place? But I’m guessing they just don’t have what they need to prove who, what, where, how. Everyone thought it was crazy here in Colorado when Leticia Stauch was arrested 2+ weeks before Gannon’s body was found. They have TR and JJ’s bodies and still no murder charges. I will be pleasantly surprised if CD and LR are charged with murder, but at this point, I’m afraid they might get away with it.
MOO

Im not saying it's enough to save CD, but it was a tactile mistake to present more than the court requires. They only had to convice thr judge there was enough evidence to warrant a trial. Theres no reason to show the defense more than the bare minimum until the trial.
I don’t agree. They cannot keep ANY evidence from the defense.

I keep thinking the don’t have enough for murder charges at this point, otherwise they would’ve filed them. It bums me out too. It seems crazy to just charge them with conspiracy to conceal. I mean, how did the kids die. WHY the need to conceal in the first place? But I’m guessing they just don’t have what they need to prove who, what, where, how. Everyone thought it was crazy here in Colorado when Leticia Stauch was arrested 2+ weeks before Gannon’s body was found. They have TR and JJ’s bodies and still no murder charges. I will be pleasantly surprised if CD and LR are charged with murder, but at this point, I’m afraid they might get away with it.
MOO

This is not accurate, I double checked and In Idaho a prosecutor can legally amend a defendants charges any time prior to a plea being submitted - Source Idaho Statutes and Court Rules - § 19-1420. Amendment of indictment

It occurred to me after I posted the link to that video at Self Storage Plus that Alex's visit there was AFTER Tylee was buried.

Still, I wonder, since the "bucket" containing parts of TR's remains was green and this tote in the bed of Alex's truck had a green lid (and I'm not sure whether or not I remember another tote with green lid inside the unit when Nate visited there with Keith Morrison from Dateline...), did the conspirators purchase these plastic storage bins with green lids and plastic green buckets at the same place at the same time? Is there a big box hardware store or Walmart around there that featured these storage-related items in green?

ETA: FWIW, I looked back over my files from when I first saw that green-lidded tote back in June and I saved a screenshot of a page of identical-looking totes offered at WalMart at that time. It appears to be the Sterilite brand tote in Flat Gray with Spicy Lime lid. They were available at WalMart, Big Lots, and on eBay.

Alternatively, they used the green tub part in the burial and repurposed the matching green lid for a different bin. I have managed to do that more than once unintentionally.

Something weird that bothered me about the call LV made when they were searching CDs property, she seems to have some sort of need to protect CD. Why? What does that do? What could she do from jail for him? How entangled is Means and Prior? All jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cattdee