Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they would have but I don’t remember Lori being there during the actual shooting. She was getting the kids ready and had left minutes before. She was in Charles’ rental car as well. Apparently she had the phone the entire day.
Who knows how long CV had been in the home waiting for JJ? She could have had an opportunity albeit only a few moments.
There are all kinds of possibilities, but any theory must explain how Lori got the key (fob) for Charles's rental car. The theory I favor is that Alex was waiting, with his truck parked out of sight. Charles walks in and is forced to surrender his wallet, phone and car key at gunpoint. Lori takes them and hustles the kids and the dog in Charles's car and drives away. Alex shoots Charles and stages the crime scene, then calls 911. Under this scenario she would have had plenty of time to examine and delete messages on Charles's phone. I don't know if the Chandler PD even asked why she was driving his rental car when hers was in the garage, how she got the key, or where his phone was. Maybe someone who has gone over those transcripts more carefully than I have can answer that.

There are all kinds of possibilities, but any theory must explain how Lori got the key (fob) for Charles's rental car. The theory I favor is that Alex was waiting, with his truck parked out of sight. Charles walks in and is forced to surrender his wallet, phone and car key at gunpoint. Lori takes them and hustles the kids and the dog in Charles's car and drives away. Alex shoots Charles and stages the crime scene, then calls 911. Under this scenario she would have had plenty of time to examine and delete messages on Charles's phone. I don't know if the Chandler PD even asked why she was driving his rental car when hers was in the garage, how she got the key, or where his phone was. Maybe someone who has gone over those transcripts more carefully than I have can answer that.

IIRC, unless the statements have changed, both Lori and Tylee heard the gunshot before the left..

“Cox said that Joshua, Tylee, and Lori Daybell all left the home before the gunshots, but Lori’s statement said when she heard a gunshot she walked from the kitchen to the living room, finding her husband dead, according to Fox10 Phoenix. She then went outside to check on the kids and drove away with them in Charles Vallow’s rental car.“

Court docs, body camera detail aftermath of shooting that killed Charles Vallow | East Idaho News

I'm slightly bothered by MG's and DW's accounts of how Alex took him out and when he came back in with him, JJ appeared to be sleeping in his arms.

This has been bothering me for a while because MG never seems to have any emotion when she talks about the children or Alex. Her face is deadpan, maybe a tiny lip pressing at times. And didn't both MG and MP leave their children too? Or, am I wrong about that?

Another thing that eats at me is how CD seemed to nod in approval after DW's testimony at the prelim. Just JMOO, but could MG and DW have been "presplaining" in order to pin the murders on Alex? I mean, if LV says Alex took JJ that night and then brought him back and he was dead, MG's and DW's testimony will (kind of) back that up, since it appeared JJ was motionless when Alex brought him back.

MG seems sincere, but then again, she also seems to crave the spotlight, which seems unnatural for a person in her position.

One last thing -- Prior kept pressing MG about how close she and Lori were, "like sisters?" he asked more than once. Is it possible that (in the cult's grand plan) MG was to eventually be a "sister wife" along with Lori and marry CD, too? It appears (from MG's testimony) that she and DW slept in separate rooms at Lori's house, so maybe they weren't intimate.

All the above is just JMOO because this case is so complex and there are so many potential rabbit holes to fall into.

Awen Rees and Paul did a review of MG's book "Feel The Fire". Awen said there were parts that were too disturbing to read on air. Overall it was noted her disturbing detachment from her own children, lack of ability to be a mother to them, and her own very dysfunctional early childhood. And again, poor writing ability.

IIRC, unless the statements have changed, both Lori and Tylee heard the gunshot before the left..

“Cox said that Joshua, Tylee, and Lori Daybell all left the home before the gunshots, but Lori’s statement said when she heard a gunshot she walked from the kitchen to the living room, finding her husband dead, according to Fox10 Phoenix. She then went outside to check on the kids and drove away with them in Charles Vallow’s rental car.“

Court docs, body camera detail aftermath of shooting that killed Charles Vallow | East Idaho News

I believe that all the statements by Lori, Alex, and Tylee are total fabrications; Lori and Alex invented, Tylee coached by Lori on the way back from JJ's school. Too many inconsistencies with the physical evidence and each other, as well as contamination of the crime scene.

Do people really believe that AC will be blamed for killing and burying these children? We would have to believe that he took two children away from Lori's house without her noticing that they never came home. We would have to believe that he dug up Chad's property twice and started a fire without Chad's knowledge. We would have to believe that AC knew where the pet cemetery was located. Yes, I agree that Chad and Lori will probably suggest that scenario, but really who would believe it? There can't be another jury as dumb as on the Casey Anthony trial, right?
How will Lori and/or Chad be able to claim Alex did it without testifying to that? I suppose MG and DW could be questioned about Lori’s relationship with her brother but I can’t see how they will be able to lay all the blame on Alex.

How will Lori and/or Chad be able to claim Alex did it without testifying to that? I suppose MG and DW could be questioned about Lori’s relationship with her brother but I can’t see how they will be able to lay all the blame on Alex.
I don't know enough about the justice system, courts and strategies to know if this could even happen but I'd think it would be harder for CD to blame LV and vice versa if they were tried together. They'd both have to gang up on AxC but then it would go have to back to all the lying to police, hiding in HI, failure to produce children, text message, pet cemetary, storage facility, and a whole lot of other evidence we don't know about yet. I doubt a jury would buy any of whatever the defense could dream up, MG or no MG.

I'm slightly bothered by MG's and DW's accounts of how Alex took him out and when he came back in with him, JJ appeared to be sleeping in his arms.

I still maintain that the JJ they saw “asleep” that night was actually dead. Was he wearing the red pajamas they found him wearing months later when they dug up his corpse? Not that the answer would be telling, necessarily, because he might only have had one pair. But still...

Last edited:
Do people really believe that AC will be blamed for killing and burying these children? We would have to believe that he took two children away from Lori's house without her noticing that they never came home. We would have to believe that he dug up Chad's property twice and started a fire without Chad's knowledge. We would have to believe that AC knew where the pet cemetery was located. Yes, I agree that Chad and Lori will probably suggest that scenario, but really who would believe it? There can't be another jury as dumb as on the Casey Anthony trial, right?

BBM

Unfortunately, only a subset of the jury needs to be ignorant.

Been there, done that.

Tylee & Josh deserve better!

This August 13 article contains excerpts from an interview with Chad's neighbor. It is partly about the new memorial site that was set up on the neighbor's property after the original memorial had been removed. The neighbor also recounts the October 9 "paintball" attack on Tammy. Apparently neighbor's relatives helped in the search for the gunman.

New Salem memorial for J.J. and Tylee

That’s an interesting article, thanks.

In one of his books he described how he enjoyed killing over 100 bees in one incident. That was quite telling to me. He did seem to have kept the overall image of a decent guy for a long time.
He seemed pretty happy about killing the racoon...real or imaginary. His wife did not respond with surprise over that attitude.

He seemed pretty happy about killing the racoon...real or imaginary. His wife did not respond with surprise over that attitude.

Presplaining neighbors possibly telling her about a shot and fire, and her own possible observation of disturbed earth.

There was a shot
There is disturbed earth
There was a bonfire

This August 13 article contains excerpts from an interview with Chad's neighbor. It is partly about the new memorial site that was set up on the neighbor's property after the original memorial had been removed. The neighbor also recounts the October 9 "paintball" attack on Tammy. Apparently neighbor's relatives helped in the search for the gunman.

New Salem memorial for J.J. and Tylee

It's SO frustrating when some of the links don't work across the pond here :( (this one doesn't!) Anywhere else that I might be able to pick up this interview? Thanks in advance!

In one of his books he described how he enjoyed killing over 100 bees in one incident. That was quite telling to me. He did seem to have kept the overall image of a decent guy for a long time.

Sick. And forgive me for repeating myself, but I think it’s important that bees and beehives have a special place in the history of Mormon culture, symbolic of hierarchy, industry, and community. They remain a feature of the Great Seal of Utah to this day. As an author, though not a great one, it’s very possible CD was either recalling an actual event in his book, or created the scene, to symbolically prefigure his plan to “kill” LDS tradition and replace it with his own version.

Last edited:
I think he did start calling it that, but it sounds like there were witnesses around when the head injuries happened. People used to take head injuries a lot more lightly than what is now known about them.

I don't think it is too difficult to have dreams about global catastophes if that what you fill your head with, i. e. develop the skill.

It seems like he really couldn't handle anything that was very complicated. It has been noted that the books themselves sound like a 6th grade reading level.

Very interesting! From what little we see of his courtroom behavior, he does seem to have some kind of neurological impairment. He seems what we used to call “slow.” But he sure didn’t seem to have any trouble tucking it up for the photographer in Hawaii. Who knows?

Yes they would have but I don’t remember Lori being there during the actual shooting. She was getting the kids ready and had left minutes before. She was in Charles’ rental car as well. Apparently she had the phone the entire day.
Who knows how long CV had been in the home waiting for JJ? She could have had an opportunity albeit only a few moments.

As yet, nobody knows what time LV left for the school/whether she was there when the shooting took place (if she participated?) etc. My own opinion is that she was there when it all kicked off and left AC to clean around and 'set the scene' for when LE came. Roll on when the phone pings are introduced as evidence.......

I believe that all the statements by Lori, Alex, and Tylee are total fabrications; Lori and Alex invented, Tylee coached by Lori on the way back from JJ's school. Too many inconsistencies with the physical evidence and each other, as well as contamination of the crime scene.
Bingo.

Does anyone happen to know the hotel Charles was staying at the night before he was killed? We are working on a video breaking down that timeline of the day he was shot.
I would check with Justin Lum, or Nate Eaton or Joseph Ryan's sister, Annie.
All 3 can be messaged through FB and other SM.
Let me know if you want assistance as I follow Annie in multiple groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState