Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Either because he's stupid or he's a control freak (IMO). Take you pick. There's plenty of space in the woods (or similar) where nobody would bother you.

I’m not so sure about that. Although I cannot vouch for Idaho, I live on a large tract of land in rural Virginia. I would know if there were anyone on my property who didn’t belong there. I can hear a vehicle on the gravel of my driveway from half a mile away, inside the house. If someone drove to an isolated spot on my property whilst I was away, they would leave tracks that I would notice when I returned.

What would someone see from the road going by in traffic? No one was reported missing yet. The road by Chad's looks to be a county road.

I live by a rural highway with pretty good traffic. People keep their eyes on the road and aren't trying to watch what somebody is doing in their own backyard. I actually set my garage roof on fire once, and not one single person saw it.

The Daybell property is flat and open. Maybe you’ve “cruised” it yourself on Google Maps. There is traffic on both roads flanking the property. Local sleuths, please check me on this: those are thoroughfares for people driving to work or shopping in Rexburg and other nearby population centers. I doubt there are rush-hour backups, but the area is not deserted. CD had close neighbors, too, whom we know reported unusual activity on his property (brush fires, e.g.).

Phone pings will or should take care of where each of them were during burials of the children. rip kiddo's

CD didn't have enough sense to get past a hot girl with your own deceptions about your own ego.

LVD has and is as whacked out as you could be about religion and life. Alex too. LVD probably has what others like Arias had just guessing. Living it in true color vision.

How you could go from good to bad, amazes me. Makes me sad actually. Still need to know. The thought of a mom and brother killing two kids and burying them on her new husbands property and he covers oy vey oh my, just blows my mind! Evil And they can make it right with their beliefs per CD.

Won't work.

Last edited:
I have not seen this posted anywhere in the media and I don’t remember any postings here on WS, but did Chad Daybell ever make a dark and light rating list of his family and any friends? I only see a list for LVD family. I am just curious if this was a one sided rating? Perhaps LE does have such a list....just curious if his family was all rated “light”. Thanks.

The Daybell property is flat and open. Maybe you’ve “cruised” it yourself on Google Maps. There is traffic on both roads flanking the property. Local sleuths, please check me on this: those are thoroughfares for people driving to work or shopping in Rexburg and other nearby population centers. I doubt there are rush-hour backups, but the area is not deserted. CD had close neighbors, too, whom we know reported unusual activity on his property (brush fires, e.g.).
It is just a big building block.

He could have saved the sod he dug up and put it on the site.

*lightbulb* You're not the first as noting such. Myself as a gardener, if I do a 4x6 grave 2-3 feet deep, (forgot the dimensions on each) I'm just digging and dumping and not scraping off the grass (especially one like fescue or rye) and saving the pieces to put back on top to make all nice and neat. Testimony gave me the impression the grass was different as it wasn't the same thickness/height? I can't recall that either specifically. And then, if you want that dirt to not muddy up the grass next to it, you would need to lay a tarp out to put the dug dirt on before you put it back in the hole.

But I know of one profession that would think that way? A gravedigger? (now that I think of it, all the recent graves that I've known do dirt back on then sod and/or seed except for the National Cemetary plots - information us old folks have when more funerals than weddings like the younger folks)

Food for thought though.

Last edited:
Interesting. Probably true for Tammy Daybell as well. Perhaps, if people feel the need for life insurance, the benefits should be in a trust for the children. Not the spouse.

AnnieC was speaking about that last night and on Friday when she said that she asked the police about such insurance or trust for Joe and what the details were as the original divorce papers that have been printed by MSM said that he had to carry $350,000 life insurance. She said the police didn't give her an answer, (told her that was a civil matter) but that she had posed the question also to the FBI at a later time. Some have thought that it might have been in a trust with Joe's life insurance, and that Tylee was coming of age into it, but that's all speculation iirc.

If in a trust, there would definitely be a paper trail. If it were just a lump sum to Lori... she's spent it all on her lifestyle MOO. It's gonna take a lot of subpenoeas to get the paper trails and financials.

With the financials and the phone records volume, no wonder they set the trial for 3 weeks duration.

All MOO

I’m not so sure about that. Although I cannot vouch for Idaho, I live on a large tract of land in rural Virginia. I would know if there were anyone on my property who didn’t belong there. I can hear a vehicle on the gravel of my driveway from half a mile away, inside the house. If someone drove to an isolated spot on my property whilst I was away, they would leave tracks that I would notice when I returned.
Where I live there's plenty of woodland owned by locals who don't live next to their plots and don't visit often. Access is unrestricted with unpaved roads running through. Due to terrain you would not notice a well concealed grave on your property.

These two opposing statements are what baffles me about this case. Both are true. Lori made both of these statements to people. On the one hand, Lori doesn't want JJ anymore and is willing to give him back to the Woodcocks. She even tells MG that this is what she and the Woodcocks have arranged. Then, later, Lori changes her mind about sending JJ to his grandparents and starts telling people that the Woodcocks want to kidnap JJ. That's why she has to hide her children.

One possibility is that her change in stories coincides with finding out that CV signed his life insurance over to his sister instead of her. She didn't want the children, but she still thought she deserved the insurance money. CV signed over the money to his sister, believing she would be raising JJ. I can surmise that Lori wanted to hurt the Woodcocks because they received the insurance money instead of her. Consequently, she allegedly conspired with Alex and Chad to kill her children and bury them on Chad's property.

The sad thing about this case is that KW has stated before the children were found that she was willing to give Lori the insurance money in exchange for JJ and Tylee if Tylee wanted to stay with her.

I guess the other possibility is that Lori allegedly believed her children were zombies and had to be killed in order to be saved.

I thought the erstwhile crowdsourced thread explanation for why JJ couldn't go to the Woodcocks instead of being killed, had to do with the fact that once Lori commits to Tylee being killed, she has to kill JJ because she can't run the risk that sweet guileless JJ will reveal (or blab, in Lori's selfish way of thinking) the circumstances of Tylee's disappearance to the Woodcocks, Colby, Annie, etc.

Thus, that it didn't matter what Lori told Melanie or anyone else about the dispensation of JJ, because anything she said was always going to be a lie and Lori knew it, from minimum the time she made the decision to kill Tylee.

*lightbulb* You're not the first as noting such. Myself as a gardener, if I do a 4x6 grave 2-3 feet deep, (forgot the dimensions on each) I'm just digging and dumping and not scraping off the grass (especially one like fescue or rye) and saving the pieces to put back on top to make all nice and neat. Testimony gave me the impression the grass was different as it wasn't the same thickness/height? I can't recall that either specifically. And then, if you want that dirt to not muddy up the grass next to it, you would need to lay a tarp out to put the dug dirt on before you put it back in the hole.

But I know of one profession that would think that way? A gravedigger? (now that I think of it, all the recent graves that I've known do dirt back on then sod and/or seed except for the National Cemetary plots - information us old folks have when more funerals than weddings like the younger folks)

Food for thought though.

Having dug a lot of trenches for new drainage, I got into the habit of stacking the sod carefully, and then putting all the spoil on a tarp. It makes it much easier when it comes time to fill the hole again.

Learned through bitter experience!

Where I live there's plenty of woodland owned by locals who don't live next to their plots and don't visit often. Access is unrestricted with unpaved roads running through. Due to terrain you would not notice a well concealed grave on your property.

Let's face it. Burying the bodies on your own land is about the stupidest thing you can do - second only to doing murder in the first place

I don't think anyone would believe that the bodies were buried in Chad's backyard without his knowledge, considering that Alex's phone pinging there for 2.5 hours overlapped with Chad's bonfire and racoon burial. Chad must have seen the person that was carrying Alex's phone. Even if that wasn't a problem, why would Alex and Lori pick Chad's yard (a space overlooked by neighbors and passers by) for burial? And how come that Chad didn't notice disturbed ground?
I think the story would have to be that it didn't happen on the date Alex's phone was there. Someone with Alex's phone (Alex or Lori) was there when he buried the raccoon but went back later and buried the children. Tylees remains dismembered and burned elsewhere and taken there in the green bucket.

Chad's yard because there's little chance the remains will be happened upon by the public or police. Buried at night?

How come that Tammy and Chad's kids didn't notice disturbed ground? One was accounted for by an animal burial and the other a sheltered spot behind a tree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting the story will be believable or believed, I think it will be absurd and stretch credulity to its utmost.

moo

Let's face it. Burying the bodies on your own land is about the stupidest thing you can do - second only to doing murder in the first place
I think he was biding his time before having concrete laid and a mobile home put on top of the site. Perhaps he would have moved JJ's remains to put them with Tylee's before doing so. There was snow on the ground while they were in Hawaii so I think they felt comfortable until the melt.

This is our timeline -

27 Mar 2020 – A source tells Fox10 on 31 Mar 2020 that CD is interested in putting a manufactured (mobile) home on his Salem Idaho property this spring. CD made inquiries and said his financing is “moving along well”. He was using the same phone number he registered in Kauai.

Yes, it's also noted in the transcript here of the May 16th 48 hours program Search for missing Idaho children reveals "no sign of life, no sign of death" - CBS News which the audio can be heard here The Missing Children of Lori Vallow Daybell (I cannot find a free link for the 48 hours special.. so audio and transcript from MSM is shown)

It's so strange to now go back and listen to the entire thing. Especially Janis and Summer comments

Of many...

"Jonathan Vigliotti: Not — she's not preparing for the end of the world, she doesn't believe that she is leading the 144,000—

Janis Cox: No.

Summer Shiflet: She has never said the end of the world is gonna happen in July. That has never come from her mouth or lips ever.

Summer Shiflet : A lot of the things that have been reported … any small truths that are in there have been twisted. But most of them are flat out not even true.

For example, the police reported no one saw or heard from JJ after September 23, but Janis Cox says she called Lori on October 1 — a full week later — and could hear JJ playing in the background. She gave "48 Hours" her phone records that showed a 97-minute call.

Janis Cox: He was alive and well.

Jonathan Vigliotti: How do you know that though?

Janis Cox: Because I know JJ … no one's gonna pretend to be JJ.

At one point, she says JJ actually got on the phone and said, "Hi Mimi," his nickname for her.

Jonathan Vigliotti: You spoke with him though on the phone?

Janis Cox: Yeah. Yes. And I heard him and he was out playing … And— he just takes the phone, you know — and he knows — you know, he knows who we are.

Janis Cox: So he still knew I'm Mimi, you know? He still knew me, Mimi.

The Rexburg police aren't commenting on the call. But Cox and Shiflet want to set the record straight on something else – or rather someone else: their son and brother Alex Cox, Lori's so-called enforcer — the man who shot and killed Charles Vallow.

Jonathan Vigliotti: Is Alex the henchman here?

Summer Shiflet: No [laughs].

Janis Cox: No, he's not.

Summer Shiflet: Alex was the most easygoing, relaxed, hilarious h— type of person. … There's nothing about him that was a hit man...

--------

" Lori's sister and mother say that's nonsense. They claim Lori stockpiled JJ's medication, so he didn't need that pill bottle found by police. And as for Bailey?

Janis Cox: I don't think Bailey's an issue, as far as JJ is concerned.

Jonathan Vigliotti: There's a lot going on that just doesn't add up —

Janis Cox: OK. I — I do know about the dog. I was over there a lot. Charles loved Bailey. JJ was not really attached to it—

Summer Shiflet: He was fine without him.

But in the months after JJ and Tylee went missing, Lori made several trips to a Rexburg, Idaho, storage unit. And inside that unit?

Morgan Loew: Things that belonged to the kids: bicycles, toys, things like that. … It's pretty tough to come to a different conclusion other than … the kids were no longer around and no longer needed this stuff.

Even more damning than what Lori left behind, may be what she took with her to Hawaii: JJ and Tylee's birth certificates, Tylee's bankcard, which had been used since her disappearance, and Tylee's cell phone....

Jonathan Vigliotti: How about Tylee's cell phone?

Janis Cox: She told me … in — September … that she had confiscated Tylee's cell phone.

Janis and Summer say Lori didn't want Tylee to be tracked through her phone; she was always fearful of those who she said threatened her and the kids.

Summer Shiflet: She put her daughter first all the time. … she loves her daughter and her children. And … she always was, like, putting Tylee's … and JJ's needs ahead of her own.....

Charles Vallow was afraid of Lori according to those divorce documents.

Rich Robertson: He wrote about what he thought might happen to him. … And he was rightfully afraid of that.

Summer Shiflet: He wasn't scared of Lori. … even the whole time he was filing for divorce and all those things, he was begging for her to come back.

ETA: MM is going to rue the day when he got all the players (SS, Janis, MP/IP, MG etc) to do all those Dateline/48hours/EIN/AZFamily Interviews around her bail hearing in May) MOO It has them locked in.

Just going back and reviewing, sorry to quote my own post but something now just really struck me.

When was the last time anyone... anyone here had a 97 minute call. Over an hour and a half? I don't think I've had such a long call in the last 40 years of my life.

I wonder what her "normal" pattern of phone calls were and why such a looooooooooong call on October 1st?

repost:

For example, the police reported no one saw or heard from JJ after September 23, but Janis Cox says she called Lori on October 1 — a full week later — and could hear JJ playing in the background. She gave "48 Hours" her phone records that showed a 97-minute call.

Janis Cox: He was alive and well.

Jonathan Vigliotti: How do you know that though?

Janis Cox: Because I know JJ … no one's gonna pretend to be JJ.

At one point, she says JJ actually got on the phone and said, "Hi Mimi," his nickname for her.

Jonathan Vigliotti: You spoke with him though on the phone?

Janis Cox: Yeah. Yes. And I heard him and he was out playing … And— he just takes the phone, you know — and he knows — you know, he knows who we are.

Janis Cox: So he still knew I'm Mimi, you know? He still knew me, Mimi."

.........and what a weird way to phrase it as "he still knew I'm Mimi... he still knew me, Mimi" and "Janis Cox: Yeah. Yes. And I heard him and he was out playing … And— he just takes the phone, you know — and he knows — you know, he knows who we are."

Huh? Of course he still knew you! (or the infamous behavioral distancing word of "we" vs. "I am" at this point you were on the phone?) Why comment on it as a talking point Janis?

Is it because the zombie shouldn't have known who you were? Of course he would still "know" you.. you just saw him about a month before when the left??

Huh??

*scratches head* at the reason for so many of the "talking points" in the entire interview. MOO

Search for missing Idaho children reveals "no sign of life, no sign of death" - CBS News

ETA: Oh yeah, the day after this 97 minute call was the shot at Brandon on October 2nd.

‘Cult mom’ Lori Vallow linked to the attempted murder of ANOTHER man as it's revealed where missing kids were last seen

"He told cops in Rexburg, Idaho, that rifle bullets hit the back window of his car and the driver's doorframe before he drove away and the jeep turned away on October 2 - less a month after the last known sightings of Vallow's kids."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member