Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *Arrests* #55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as the children, I really feel for Charles Vallow. He seems to have been a good person. He loved Lori, he converted to LDS because of her, he adopted poor little JJ, he tried to get help for Lori, etc. This does not tally with him being the aggressor when AC killed him. I totally agree with those who think he was murdered.

Lori's family reputedly have roots back to the Joseph Smith days. Which, if true, would explain a lot. The must be a Websleuth with access to Ancestry.com who can verify or refute this.

I subscribe to Ancestry but do I want to go down that rabbit hole? LOL. I think the LDS genealogy records might be more complete in LV’s case, if only because her family would probably have fed into it. I’ve used one of the LDS sites (familyhistory.org) with some success. They can be sketchy, though, with some info based as much on conjecture as documentation in some places. The Wikipedia of genealogical research.

Last edited:
Lori's family reputedly have roots back to the Joseph Smith days. Which, if true, would explain a lot. The must be a Websleuth with access to Ancestry.com who can verify or refute this.

Yes, Ancestry does show very deep roots to LDS way back. I have reviewed a few old obits and docs that show the roots are definitely connected directly to LDS beliefs. I believe I even found that they had migrated from New York State, where Joseph Smith originally started the Church.

As well as the children, I really feel for Charles Vallow. He seems to have been a good person. He loved Lori, he converted to LDS because of her, he adopted poor little JJ, he tried to get help for Lori, etc. This does not tally with him being the aggressor when AC killed him. I totally agree with those who think he was murdered.

Charles was highly complicit in the terrible treatment of Lori against Joe Ryan. They "escaped" to Hawaii to avoid the court granted rights of Joe. I agree he was totally screwed by Lori and Alex, but he is not as good to me, because of the treatment of Joe. Lori had a way of turning potentially decent men into evil ones.....

I subscribe to Ancestry but do I want to go down that rabbit hole? LOL. I think the LDS genealogy records might be more complete in LV’s case, if only because her family would probably have fed into it. I’ve used one of the LDS sites (familyhistory.org) with some success. They can be sketchy, though, with some info based as much on conjecture as documentation in some places. The Wikipedia of genealogical research.

There is some incorrect information on some of the Cox family trees. Lori's mother had apparently entered family info, so that is the most accurate. Other trees have mixed-up data. But iirc, it appeared that she had entered to data a good while ago. So just make sure to find the authour of the tree to be Lori's mother, not others....

There is some incorrect information on some of the Cox family trees. Lori's mother had apparently entered family info, so that is the most accurate. Other trees have mixed-up data. But iirc, it appeared that she had entered to data a good while ago. So just make sure to find the authour of the tree to be Lori's mother, not others....

It’s too bad there’s no fact-checking in any of these trees, whether Ancestry, or LDS-run or whatever — in the latter (no pun intended) case, at least not to my knowledge. Do bishops look over new entries for accuracy? It would think, given the vital importance of genealogy in the the LDS church, that anyone aspiring to positions of responsibility in the church would need impeccable “credentials.”

It’s too bad there’s no fact-checking in any of these trees, whether Ancestry, or LDS-run or whatever — in the latter (no pun intended) case, at least not to my knowledge. Do bishops look over new entries for accuracy? It would think, given the vital importance of genealogy in the the LDS church, that anyone aspiring to positions of responsibility in the church would need impeccable “credentials.”

I actually find the LDS trees to be the most incorrect. ---but so often, I have seen inaccuracies that are so obviously incorrect. Not sure why.

I actually find the LDS trees to be the most incorrect. ---but so often, I have seen inaccuracies that are so obviously incorrect. Not sure why.

Some are transcription errors, increased by early scanning & machine reading of documents
Some are transcription errors by tired humans -- when one reads numerous census transcriptions, for example, one can tell how many pages an enumerator or transcriber can go before the information is difficult to extract.
Some are other sorts of errors by humans

My experience as a genealogist. Your mileage may vary.

jmho ymmv lrr

Some are transcription errors, increased by early scanning & machine reading of documents
Some are transcription errors by tired humans -- when one reads numerous census transcriptions, for example, one can tell how many pages an enumerator or transcriber can go before the information is difficult to extract.
Some are other sorts of errors by humans

My experience as a genealogist. Your mileage may vary.

jmho ymmv lrr
I don't know about their family trees and their other genealogy work, but I do know that they are a great source for public records dating many, many, many years ago. They have been getting literally all of the public records from my country and their scans are amazing, the zoom is insane and is great for reading and transcribing.

If you can read and transcribe, it's great. The records are there. It's also free. The state of conservation of the documents plays a big part when it comes to reading, understanding and transcribing correctly. You can't just read and write it down, you have to understand the document, you have to know what it's about in order to accurately transcribe it.

Records research is a huge part of genealogy, not really central to our quest for justice for Tylee & J.J.

Paper doesn't last forever. Records have coffee rings, mold, rodent chew marks! I have generations of names & dates of an Irish line - laboriously gleaned from handwritten record books that were heavily scorched in a church fire, after events were recorded by priests in a Latin-esque style:

Doesimus, Johnium lawfully wedded to Smithius, Maryius

Not too bad for my known ancestors, but deciphering the names of the witnesses to the marriages, and some of the godparents was difficult.

Justice for Tylee and J.J, the Woodcocks, Tylee's Dad, Tammy, is not based in genealogy.

jmho ymmv lrr

Charles was highly complicit in the terrible treatment of Lori against Joe Ryan. They "escaped" to Hawaii to avoid the court granted rights of Joe. I agree he was totally screwed by Lori and Alex, but he is not as good to me, because of the treatment of Joe. Lori had a way of turning potentially decent men into evil ones.....
Yes, Lori could totally brainwash her men. I should think that before he died, Charles realized he had been lied to about Joe.

Records research is a huge part of genealogy, not really central to our quest for justice for Tylee & J.J.

Paper doesn't last forever. Records have coffee rings, mold, rodent chew marks! I have generations of names & dates of an Irish line - laboriously gleaned from handwritten record books that were heavily scorched in a church fire, after events were recorded by priests in a Latin-esque style:

Doesimus, Johnium lawfully wedded to Smithius, Maryius

Not too bad for my known ancestors, but deciphering the names of the witnesses to the marriages, and some of the godparents was difficult.

Justice for Tylee and J.J, the Woodcocks, Tylee's Dad, Tammy, is not based in genealogy.

jmho ymmv lrr

I think this whole topic was brought up because there was a question regarding if Lori was raised LDS or converted like Jodi Arias. It went a little sideways from there. But you are right, I haven't seen anywhere that LV claims to have special power or authority due to provable lineage to Joseph Smith but does claim unprovable things like a marriage to the angel Moroni. It is possible that I may have missed something though.

I can totally see Lori lying to Charles that Joe did terrible things to Tylee and moving to Hawaii was to protect Tylee from this dangerous man. Charles loved Lori and at that time likely had no reason to doubt what she said. He strikes me as the kind of man who might uproot his life and move for the well-being of his step-daughter.

It’s true that Charles didn’t treat Joe right. It’s also true that Joe was accused of molesting both Colby and Tylee. Were the allegations true? Probably not, since he legally had custody/visitation with Tylee and that’s what prompted the rushed move to Hawaii.

Didn’t Charles have a great relationship with Colby too? He probably thought he was just protecting a child. It’s unfortunate that two men had to die without access to their children.

I can totally see Lori lying to Charles that Joe did terrible things to Tylee and moving to Hawaii was to protect Tylee from this dangerous man. Charles loved Lori and at that time likely had no reason to doubt what she said. He strikes me as the kind of man who might uproot his life and move for the well-being of his step-daughter.

I think a lot of us have been misled by someone before and said "well I fell for that hook, line, and sinker". I agree with you. JMO

When did LVD convert? I'm missing something because I'm under the impression she's always been Mormon. JMO
Not according to her brother that was interviewed for the Doomsday series. I think his name was Adam Cox. The family was Christian, I think Catholic, but not LDS. She converted at some point. Started going to church 4-5 days/week, which he said was excessive when it was normally 1x/month.

Not according to her brother that was interviewed for the Doomsday series. I think his name was Alex. The family was Christian, I think Catholic, but not LDS. She converted at some point. Started going to church 4-5 days/week, which he said was excessive when it was normally 1x/month.
Er, not really. The brother's name was Adam. Lori's family has been LDS for generations. People who knew her in high school testified how devout LDS she was. Adam's comment pertained to normal LDS temple attendance vs. her extremes.

Charles was raised Catholic and converted when he married Lori.

I think a lot of us have been misled by someone before and said "well I fell for that hook, line, and sinker". I agree with you. JMO

LVD is no doubt, a skilled manipulator and liar. Part of the "package", same as Jodi Arias. That is why it is so important for people who work in jails, prisons, substance abuse treatment centers, to strictly follow the administrative policies and procedures. It protects the employees.

People who are incarcerated, have made an entire life of manipulating others. It is part of their persona. They do it without any guilt of how their behavior affects others. LVD has never shown any guilt, remorse, or even a tear for the deaths of her children. She has been more concerned with how her hair looks for her court appearances. And that she has red lipstick (before masks). She is textbook narcissism. Among other disorders.

It’s true that Charles didn’t treat Joe right. It’s also true that Joe was accused of molesting both Colby and Tylee. Were the allegations true? Probably not, since he legally had custody/visitation with Tylee and that’s what prompted the rushed move to Hawaii.

Didn’t Charles have a great relationship with Colby too? He probably thought he was just protecting a child. It’s unfortunate that two men had to die without access to their children.
It was a lot more than unfortunate, it was downright wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member