Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I give little substance to Colby's accusation as it would've been investigated and surely used in court during their custody fight yet he was still awarded full custody. I chalk it up more to Lori planting accusations and memories to help her win the custody fight and Colby being a victim of her games.
Colby's words surprised me as well. It is STILL not often that fathers get custody in this country, so Joe, Colby and many others were probably interviewed, since the case was so contentious.
Our OP at the beginning of this case seemed to know Joe well enough to outline all the tests, checks, lie detection, evals etc that he had..... I hope we know more down the road from Colby. I have gone very cold and hot on Colby... trust me, I really feel for him, but I still have a hard time settling on some truths.

That's what I thought - that he deduced this information from the APC.
"Was dismembered", can be taken as a verb, or as a descriptive term.

I think NE was trying to be sensitive to the condition/description of Tylee's body when it was found; but it was apparently taken by many that there was a specific action taken; whereas it could also mean it was the result of the fire.

Or even a result of trying to fold or stuff the already badly damaged body into a small, hastily prepared grave.

Also something struck me when I was reading CD's dark/light spirit levels. IIRC it appeared (at least at the time) that there was a sort of "balance" in his ratings. If someone rated high on his scale, it seemed there was a corresponding low rated person. I wonder if CD's ratings had to keep changing as LVD raised herself higher along with the fervent groupies who proved their allegiance to the "cause".
The rating scale had to be a living document that changed frequently because there were reports that he (and LVD?) knew the numbers of light & dark spirits on the earth at any given time.

Interesting. I agree that it was likely a living document, because the ratings were clearly "actionable," insofar as those rated could either contribute to or impede the mission (read: the pleasant life and upcoming deification of CV and LVD). My guess is that neither murderer really knew or even bothered to estimate the number of light or dark spirits, since our best evidence for such knowledge is the claim that their key strategy in the war on zombies was to pray them away in their thousands -- a claim that however bizarre must have been a lot more palatable to followers than the idea of murdering adults and children in real life.

I also wonder if the ratings were part of the secret knowledge and fantasies of power that tied the group together. When I was doing doctoral research years ago I had a friend who lived in a religious community -- rented a room, wasn't a member -- and they had similar if less homicidal ways of empowering themselves as a group and marking group identity. IMO it's a way of defining the group against a society that is hostile or uninterested and will be left behind come the endtimes. It's also a good way of designating leaders, since they have the inside scoop on this secret knowledge. I wonder, for example, if anyone but CD/LVD was given the "gift" of knowing who was light or dark or a zombie or was soon to die, or had a sweet insurance policy...

Colby's words surprised me as well. It is STILL not often that fathers get custody in this country, so Joe, Colby and many others were probably interviewed, since the case was so contentious.
Our OP at the beginning of this case seemed to know Joe well enough to outline all the tests, checks, lie detection, evals etc that he had..... I hope we know more down the road from Colby. I have gone very cold and hot on Colby... trust me, I really feel for him, but I still have a hard time settling on some truths.
Are you sure that Joe Ryan got full custody of Tylee? I thought he and Lori had shared custody.

BBM for focus
WARNING GRAPHIC
I think Nate got insider info from LEO on the ground. He has been first responder (or someone on his team) on nearly every event in this case. I think he may have spoken too early - not realizing that the "dismemberment" part wasn't being released yet. It could be someone's interpretation of when they removed the bones, when it was an artifact of stirring burning the body. I do think that LEO searching in the firepit is more evidence they were looking for missing pieces of bone or teeth. We know 1 body was burned (we assume that to be Tylee) and the burning would happen in the firepit & CD confirmed burning that day.
It makes sense to me that whoever did the burning might try and stir the fire to get it to burn hotter - especially over specific evidence they would want to hide, destroy, or cover up.

That would be quite a leap, in my mind, to think Nate had inside info of a conclusion like that within hours of things unfolding. Even a LEO on the ground wouldn't know this information for certain without a forensic pathologist having made a determination. And I think a responsible journalist would carefully attribute his source, even if it was anonymous on background. That's more reason (for me) to think that he threw that word in himself.

The rest of it I agree with -- yes, we can speculate that there are a few ways that bones may have become disarticulated in this situation.

Yes, and he was next door neighbors with Alex.

It wasn't in the same row of houses as Lori and Melani.
I missed that. So IP & MP were next door (ie: 108 or 106) to AC when CD & AC were loading up and getting out of the apartment & LEO showed up to ask about the children. All the time CD is saying he "barely knew" LVD and didn't have her number - I bet MP & IP were peeking through curtains & listening through the vents to hear what was happening next door.
Seriously, this complex is just "incestuous" for lack of a better word. All the fam are having a ride on the circus train of apartments - if you are lucky and can ditch your spouse & kids and get a new marriage quickly - you too can have a chance to try and grab the golden ring! Step right up folks.

I’m confused by that comment. If MP or even Lori had moved to Ammon, their legal problems wouldn’t just disappear. Jmo

I agree. Maybe they don't realize how often stuff happens across county lines? So often that one would imagine agreeing on jurisdiction is probably a very routine matter and quickly resolved by the court.

Chad had gardens?

Friends of Tammy Daybell express concern over her death | East Idaho News

Tammy gardened. Someone like Chad, would expect her to follow the "rules" of prepper-ness. So it is entirely possible he would expect she would do things because he read about it and it is what women should do if they are to be good followers. HE wouldn't do that work - he'd just expect her to do it as he expected it to be done.

You should assume that Tammy was required to do a number of things that added unnecessary extras to everything she did to meet Chad's expectations and needs of the moment (usually ego driven). It is my estimation that Tammy's married life was significantly more difficult than usual and she wasn't aware of it. It was likely always couched in the story that if she was a good woman of good morals and wanted to be a good godly wife that she would do these things. It is also likely that if she reached out about it she was poo-poo'ed about it as being normal since it was likely a million little extra hoops and expectations all day every day her whole adult life. Things that if she asked for help or counselling on it would look like something small, but it was likely death by a thousand cuts.

So if Chad thought she should use ashes and clean it up because that is what she'd need to do and be grateful for it, then she probably did it. Or stopped gardening (or other hobbies) because it was too much work with all he extra rules and on top of everything else she was expected to devote to his life.

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/AnnieCushing/status/1277277896336388096

Annie Cushing

@AnnieCushing

And here we have Melanie Gibb trying to convince
@NateNewsNow
she didn't know what a burner phone was, when she was in a group that used at least 60 of them. (And 30 email addresses.) H/t
@DatelineNBCProd
for being a fact machine. #LoriVallowdaybell #doomsdaymom #thegigisup

**Video in link

I was frankly a little shocked that MG didn't know what a burner was, just in general. However, we don't know how much of CD/LV goings-on was "a group" vs. just them. Unless evidence is shown that others used those burners, I could believe it was just a huge miscalculation and designed more for the two of them to hide their affair. They watched "The Wire" and then thought "hey these burner phones sound like a great idea, let's go buy a box of them".

Actually speaking of that, it will be interesting to learn of when and how they acquired the burners. Bet you a dollar they used their own credit/debit cards!

I missed that. So IP & MP were next door (ie: 108 or 106) to AC when CD & AC were loading up and getting out of the apartment & LEO showed up to ask about the children. All the time CD is saying he "barely knew" LVD and didn't have her number - I bet MP & IP were peeking through curtains & listening through the vents to hear what was happening next door.
Seriously, this complex is just "incestuous" for lack of a better word. All the fam are having a ride on the circus train of apartments - if you are lucky and can ditch your spouse & kids and get a new marriage quickly - you too can have a chance to try and grab the golden ring! Step right up folks.
I missed that too. I don't recall that IP resided in a unit next to AC, so I will need to review the Timeline again. Thank you, Gardener1850 and Tortoise!

JMO, IP and MBP met on a dating app after her arrest in Utah on Nov 15th. They went on their first date on Nov 20th meeting up at a restaurant. At that time, she was occupying Unit 174 in Rockcreek next to LVD. IP lived at another complex but not in the same townhome complex as Rockcreek. MOO

Edited to correct name of complex.

Last edited:
BBM for focus

That would be quite a leap, in my mind, to think Nate had inside info of a conclusion like that within hours of things unfolding. Even a LEO on the ground wouldn't know this information for certain without a forensic pathologist having made a determination. And I think a responsible journalist would carefully attribute his source, even if it was anonymous on background. That's more reason (for me) to think that he threw that word in himself.

The rest of it I agree with -- yes, we can speculate that there are a few ways that bones may have become disarticulated in this situation.
It is a small community, local television station, biggest story of the year (decade?) around those parts, I would not rule out an excited utterance. He may have misspoken but the fact he has chosen not to walk back the entire "dismemberment" portion gives me some reason to believe he might have some info. If he were in a large network area where he had run thousands of stories I might be more critical.
At this point, I don't think it makes it any less horrific to find the children's remains in CD's backyard while he & LVD spoke not one whisper about these kids. JMO

I know the neighbors have said that bonfires were not noted to in the Daybell backyard before the death of Tammy, but apparently there was at least one other bonfire.

Around here there are still those who take care of their own household trash with burn barrels and the subsequent burying of what remains - glass or tin, things that would not burn. Out in the country on the farms, that always has been how trash was disposed of.

We do know that AC's phone pinged around the fire pit, and we know about Chad's text to Tammy the same day, but we do not know if Chad's phone pinged at the burn pit, yet.

Therefore, it remains in the realm of possibility that Chad only granted AC permission for the burning and burial of household trash, things leftover from moving out of the apartments, or "old food" left in the freezer or refrigerator. That would also explain AC's visit the day before, to gain permission to do that. Just pondering!

How would you explain his trying to flee LE? I seriously doubt he would run due to allowing someone to burn trash or food. How would CD know his azz was grass UNLESS he was a part of this crime? MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli