ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #66

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, I think that our legal process is completely broken. This has been dragging on for years. Bodies of two dead children, found on CD's property. His wife died "mysteriously" in bed, no autopsy, (which seems absolutely crazy to me, a healthy woman dies at home, it should be a requirement, not optional).

And all there has been is numerous filings, hearings, on and on. Of minutiae.

At some point, has the actual crime, and victims been forgotten in focusing on the rights of the accused?
I totally agree with your post.

I haven't been following closely of late, so I was wondering if someone can explain how not-DP-qualified Prior moves forward in representing his client in court (assuming the April date sticks)?? And, why has he been allowed to remain as CD's attorney if he's not qualified? TIA :)

Because he is not a public defender for Chad, but was retained privately. If he were a public defender, then a DP-qualified lawyer would also be appointed like was done for LV.

Honestly, given all the shenanigans from the prosecution to keep these cases joined, I can't fault JP for filing this request. Methinks he is still working towards severance via other tactics.

Sometimes, I think that our legal process is completely broken. This has been dragging on for years. Bodies of two dead children, found on CD's property. His wife died "mysteriously" in bed, no autopsy, (which seems absolutely crazy to me, a healthy woman dies at home, it should be a requirement, not optional).

And all there has been is numerous filings, hearings, on and on. Of minutiae.

At some point, has the actual crime, and victims been forgotten in focusing on the rights of the accused?
Great post. Just read this horror.

Last edited:
@BeachSky Thank you! For bringing forward the reason why we care about justice for Tylee and JJ. Both were innocent children.

The holidays must be crushing for Kay Woodcock. This entire situation, and the ongoing process must just prolong her grief, for JJ and her brother, Charles Vallow.

I have no doubt that CD and LVD are working on their defense of blaming AC for everything. What stops that for me, was that creepy video of LVD, and CD at the storage unit. Throwing all of the children's items in a storage unit, and then not paying the fees. Why would they do that, if they were not in collusion with AC?!

Any news on when their next hearing will be?

TIA!
Moose And Christmas Balls Smiley
The best alternative for the Daybells might be to announce a new date for the End of the World / Daybells are Gods and triple down on their crazy act. They are in danger of being irrelevant and boring.

It’s all there, what the three of them did with Tylee that day. Monsters.
Alex left Chads property to go to Dell Taco 11:52am …within a minute ,11:53am, Chad text Tammy about killing a raccoon.
MOO

The last time Tylee Ryan was seen alive was on Sept. 8, 2019, on a trip to Yellowstone National Park with their mom, uncle, Alex Cox….
On Monday, Sept. 9, from 12 a.m. and 12:44 a.m., Cox’s phone was located at his apartment (107). However, at 2:42 a.m. to 3:37 a.m., Cox is located again at Lori’s apartment (175), where Lori lived with Tylee and JJ. This is significant, not only because he is there in the middle of the night, but also because this is the only time in September he appears to go over to Lori’s between midnight and 6 a.m.,” the probable cause states.
Cox returned to his apartment at 4:37 a.m., and at 9:21 a.m., he was located at Chad Daybell’s property. The GPS datapoint placed him near the east end of the barn, according to court records, and he was still at the property at 10:30 a.m.
“At 10:47 a.m., his phone shows a hit at the City of St. Anthony. At this time, we are unable to tell if he was actually inside the city limits of St. Anthony … or if this was a cell tower ping on his phone while he was still at the Daybell residence,” Lt. Ron Ball of the Rexburg Police Department wrote in the statement. “At 10:57 to 11:39, Cox is located at the Daybell property. At 11:52 to 12:02, he was at Dell Taco in Rexburg. He appears to spend most of the rest of the day in his apartment.”
That same day, the FBI found the following text message conversation between Chad and his wife, Tammy Daybell:
Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!

Last edited:
Chad to Tammy at 11:53 a.m.: Well, I’ve had an interesting morning! I felt I should burn all of the limb debris by the fire pit before it got too soaked by the coming storms. While I did so, I spotted a big raccoon along the fence. I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along. I got close enough that one shot did the trick. He is now in our pet cemetery. Fun times!
Oh yeah, you can just tell how much this horrific murder and burial of an innocent young girl has affected him, can't you? The remorse, the guilt, the sorrow - well no, it was "fun times" :(

Daybell's attorney, John Prior, said in the motion that because the Jan. 9, 2023 jury questionnaire precedes the deadline to file a motion to continue the trial, he wants the jury questionnaire postponed.
If the questionnaire is postponed, Prior would have time to ask to set the trial back even further.

The motion also hinted at Daybell's defense asserting a mental capacity defense.

——-
Now he’ll delay even more asking for psychiatric evils. Moo

My personal and likely unpopular opinion is that the State is also contributing to the length of this getting to trial and helping the Defense out with issues to potentially add to a possible appeal if convicted.

Just one of too many instances of this is the most recent hearing, where literally the morning of and minutes before Hearing began Attorney Prior received from the State a flash drive of over one hundred and 50-some new Materials from Discovery. Attorney Hellis who’s been following this case, and filed those Motions to unseal , called this “sand bagging” the Defense last minute and said she would’ve made an ever bigger deal to the Judge because that is so unfair and so last minute. It also appeared that some of the very same documents were already in possession by Attorney Archibald and co-counsel.

I believe if they are forced to trial together with this current April date, all while one Defense has asserted that they can’t adequately prepare in time, they are STILL awaiting documents the State has- all of those issues may very well get wrapped up into an appeal. I don’t know if the State doesn’t care about turning things over sooner or they think the Court will always side with them; or maybe they do not realize the potential future consequences for doing this. I think the Defense is continuing to think much longer term beyond the trial and the State seems more short-sighted in some ways. I’m not trying to disparage them or their work so far, only trying to articulate my concern for these repeated issues being brought up and what it may mean for true long-lasting justice. I hope I am entirely mistaken. JMOO and JMHO.

Daybell's attorney, John Prior, said in the motion that because the Jan. 9, 2023 jury questionnaire precedes the deadline to file a motion to continue the trial, he wants the jury questionnaire postponed.
If the questionnaire is postponed, Prior would have time to ask to set the trial back even further.

The motion also hinted at Daybell's defense asserting a mental capacity defense.

——-
Now he’ll delay even more asking for psychiatric evils. Moo
I can't access that report being in Europe.

Would someone mind expanding on what it says about Daybell's mental capacity defense, please. I nearly fell off my chair.

On reading this again, I think there is a bit more to it than just explaining away newly disturbed soil and signs of burning. What I think I see now is that Chad is on a real "high" after doing what they did to poor Tylee. Whatever punishment he gets will never be enough, IMO.

Last edited:
On reading this again, I think there is a bit more to it than just explaining away newly disturbed soil and signs of burning. What I think I see now is that Chad is on a real "high" after doing what they did to poor Tylee. Whatever punishment he gets will never be enough, IMO.

Could be adrenalin, but yeah it does seem a bit giddy.

"I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along." Too much embellishment. Who texts like that IRL? Nobody, except lying liars who lie.

Ironically, it reads like poorly-written fiction.

He enjoyed killing bees

This fixation started when Chad was a boy. In fourth grade, he authored a novel titled The Murder of Dr. Jay and His Assistant. “It was a fun story— despite the gruesome title.” His teachers praised his creativity.
In middle school, Chad was bullied, and he wrote of how much it confused him. “I was basically mad at the world,” he said in his memoir.
One day, on his walk home, he cut across a large green park near the Daybell home. “I saw a honeybee pollinating a dandelion. I peered at it for a moment, then smashed it with my shoe,” he wrote. He felt pathetic. He kept killing bees anyway.
I spotted another one, then another one. I got a strange satisfaction from it. I kept count, and after about a half hour I had killed 120 bees.”

Last edited:
Could be adrenalin, but yeah it does seem a bit giddy.

"I hurried and got my gun, and he was still walking along." Too much embellishment. Who texts like that IRL? Nobody, except lying liars who lie.

Ironically, it reads like poorly-written fiction.
"Poorly-written fiction"? No surprise there then.

He enjoyed killing bees

This fixation started when Chad was a boy. In fourth grade, he authored a novel titled The Murder of Dr. Jay and His Assistant. “It was a fun story— despite the gruesome title.” His teachers praised his creativity.
In middle school, Chad was bullied, and he wrote of how much it confused him. “I was basically mad at the world,” he said in his memoir.
One day, on his walk home, he cut across a large green park near the Daybell home. “I saw a honeybee pollinating a dandelion. I peered at it for a moment, then smashed it with my shoe,” he wrote. He felt pathetic. He kept killing bees anyway.
I spotted another one, then another one. I got a strange satisfaction from it. I kept count, and after about a half hour I had killed 120 bees.”

As a beekeeper, I find this in itself unforgivable. What a psychopath.

As a beekeeper, I find this in itself unforgivable. What a psychopath.

As a person who eats foods that require pollinators, I"m right there with you.

If a little kid does this, that kid needs to be educated about pollinators.

Fourth grade? imho that's passed into intentional cruelty to animals. Around here, we know where that tends to lead imho.

Justice, please, for Kay & Larry & Charles & Tammy & these two:

1672496337134.png
image from CBS News

And another thing - he is at pains to say that he used one bullet. Why? Did the son who lived with them (Garth?) sometimes use that same gun? And so a missing bullet might need to be accounted for? This neat little text from Chad covers 3 things that need explaining - disturbed ground, signs of burning, and a missing bullet. I'll bet I know where that bullet is.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95