Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus died on the cross. Lori and Chad might be okay with facing the death penalty since they are divine too...is that a competent response?

I'm stuck on their beliefs at the moment - thinking that is leading to this incompenteny ruling. It might not be Lori asking for it, but the lawyer seeing the need.

jmo

You can have a mental illness and still be competent enough to stand trial. They aren’t exclusive. Your reasoning could be said for every murderer, pedophile, and abuser known to man. No sane person would do those things. They all likely suffer from a form of mental illness. It’s not a free pass on hideously cruel crimes though. People with mental illness’s can be held accountable too.
This plus...who cares if she is mentally ill? The witch killed her children.

Is it possible that once she was found incompetent, medications were commenced to try to get her back on track and at this point, those medications are rendering her unable to participate fully? I know that when strong drugs are first begun for mental illness it generally takes a good deal of time for the patient to gain their equilibrium and that is AFTER the right combo/dosages are settled upon.
Perhaps they are still searching for the right drugs, dosages etc. and for her body/mind to acclimate to the drugs?
That sounds reasonable and "exigent" to me.

I have been on every drug known to man for mental health treatment, plus a trial for ketamine and 6 rounds of electroconvulsive therapy (aka shock therapy). IMO and experience, there is no medication that would make someone unable to assist in their own defense. Make you tired? Sure. A little loopy? Sure. None of this makes sense to me and I have been determined by the government to be disabled due to my mental health. What could she actually be doing or what is she claiming as a reason she can't help her attorneys? What mental illness or disability comes on in your 50s? Granted, she could have undiagnosed illnesses from when she was younger, but she showed in so many ways she knew what she was doing was wrong and had the wherewithal to lie, manipulate and cover up everything.

Jmo

I have been in-patient at a mental health facility... I actually enjoyed my time there. If I had the choice between jail or locked mental health facility, I would choose the mental health facility all day every day. Jmo

LVD is a criminal. She would manipulate any staff member at any mental health facility. That is what is scary about her. I can easily see her manipulating some young person working there. Especially a male. But, even a female. Into walking right out of the facility.

That is what is scary about LVD.

I have been on every drug known to man for mental health treatment, plus a trial for ketamine and 6 rounds of electroconvulsive therapy (aka shock therapy). IMO and experience, there is no medication that would make someone unable to assist in their own defense. Make you tired? Sure. A little loopy? Sure. None of this makes sense to me and I have been determined by the government to be disabled due to my mental health. What could she actually be doing or what is she claiming as a reason she can't help her attorneys? What mental illness or disability comes on in your 50s? Granted, she could have undiagnosed illnesses from when she was younger, but she showed in so many ways she knew what she was doing was wrong and had the wherewithal to lie, manipulate and cover up everything.

Jmo
What if she claims she is divine and welcome the death penalty? Could you move forward with charges for someone like that? Maybe she wants earthly condemnation as that will prove the righteousness of killing zombies....or something like that.

jmo

A few comments:
One psychologist interviewed her and submitted a report stating that she was incompetent.

The legal definition of incompetency is the inability to assist in your own defense.

The court has not ruled on this report. Rarely will the court rely on one report. If I were the prosecution I would insist on at least one psychiatrist doing an evaluation. Evaluations can range from interviews of the defendant to moving her to a mental health facility and having a staff member evaluate her over a period of time.

if in fact the court deems her incompetent, there is no guarantee that any drug treatment will fix her. If she is sticking with the “my kids were zombies, so we had to kill them” there isn’t a drug treatment to change or fix that.

What if she claims she is divine and welcome the death penalty? Could you move forward with charges for someone like that? Maybe she wants earthly condemnation as that will prove the righteousness of killing zombies....or something like that.

jmo

Then if she feels so righteous, she should plead guilty.

A few comments:
One psychologist interviewed her and submitted a report stating that she was incompetent.

The legal definition of incompetency is the inability to assist in your own defense.

The court has not ruled on this report. Rarely will the court rely on one report. If I were the prosecution I would insist on at least one psychiatrist doing an evaluation. Evaluations can range from interviews of the defendant to moving her to a mental health facility and having a staff member evaluate her over a period of time.

if in fact the court deems her incompetent, there is no guarantee that any drug treatment will fix her. If she is sticking with the “my kids were zombies, so we had to kill them” there isn’t a drug treatment to change or fix that.

But what part of that makes her incapable of assisting in her own defense?

If the defense hired a professional to do the exam, could the prosecution request a different professional do another exam? If so and she is deemed competent by that professional, would a 3rd eval be ordered and would they go with the best 2 out of 3? I hope the hidden podcast/ dr John Matthias will go over this.
She hasn’t been judged incompetent by court. She has had one evaluation. You are correct, there will multiple evaluations. I think it is solely up to the judge to decide how use all the reports. I don’t live in Idaho, so I am not sure of their procedures.

Then if she feels so righteous, she should plead guilty.
No, I think being condemned is part of it. Jesus didn't plead guilty, ykwim?

I'm thinking the two of them might be welcoming the charges. Maybe they expect to be condemned to death as it will lead to them ressurecting in a portal to another life. Or something like that.

That would be crazy/incompentent, right?

jmo

We need to consider their beliefs. That is what brought them together in the first place. They think they are right and righteous in their actions, being a goddess and prophet. If they truly, truly believe that, are they competent to form a legal defense?

jmo

OT, but all this story with psychological evaluation and incompetency to stand trial really reminds me of a movie with Catherine Zeta-Jones "Side Effects" :rolleyes:
Main theme of the movie - can a licensed psychologist be fooled by a manipulative psychopath...
Great point! The State needs to have a psychiatrist do an evaluation now.

OT, but all this story with psychological evaluation and incompetency to stand trial really reminds me of a movie with Catherine Zeta-Jones "Side Effects" :rolleyes:
Main theme of the movie - can a licensed psychologist be fooled by a manipulative psychopath...
Great point! The State needs to have a psychiatrist do an evaluation now.

But what part of that makes her incapable of assisting in her own defense?
I don’t know. From the States reaction yesterday he doesn’t seem think she is incapable of assisting. No competency issue has been decided yet. The defense has one report.

I mentioned the legal definition of competency to point out the very narrow parameters of the definition

yeah-- honestly, I think both CD and LVD would welcome the DP as it fits right in with their "End of times" mission.

I was so mad when I saw the news abut this "NOT FIT for Trial"
I call BS

I was so happy to hear update about investigation on Charles V. and all the new murder charges. Finally.

Now, I am off to keep watch on Mollit Tibbett's trial -- jury is still deliberating.

This is odd.
Sheriff was served subpoena, it was returned today, in the filing it has an E! online article headline "

In it is a highlighted section that says - "Keith says he's heard from authorities that she "remains convinced she's on the right path". He shares ,"the stories that we have heard from her jailers are that she's reading Chad's books, she's writing him letters...." (cont'd below)

This very likely just got swept up in the complexity of this case.....but this was Keith Morrison of Dateline actually saying that they have heard directly from jailers at the jail where Lori is......
the date the article was viewed/printed was March 8, 2021
upload_2021-5-27_17-23-16.png

Last edited:
This is temporary. About the only thing this MIGHT accomplish is getting the two cases tried separately rather than together. But at any rate, if it were easy to fool a court system with incompetence, then a lot more would do it. She will fail.

Isn’t this the possible point?

court goes ahead with Chad’s trial and holds Lori’s over; Means gets a preview of how the tactics used by Chad go over with the judge and jury?

Jmo

Lori Hellis has said basically this; that defendants go to trial while they are on meds all the time. It’s not an excuse to throw up their hands and declare a mistrial.

so, we just have to wait to see Lori get the proper medication for - whatever it is.

JMO, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member