Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #58

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, thanks, that works :)

what I don’t understand is what Means hopes to accomplish by this, when everything in the vein of what he’s been asking for, Lori has presented perfectly normally in it/them, and has been judged competent at the end of them.

Ergo, I am now even more convinced that this is more pathetic attempts on Means’ part to run out the clock.
It looks to me like a normal request for discovery because of the new charges.

He is now.
MOO he better start acting like a lawyer, not a babysitter if he is on the public dime.

What can his case notes even look like for 8 hours of sitting in a jail conference room with LVD, let alone months of such days?
Commonly lawyers charge for and explain rendered services in 6 minute intervals.

Last edited:
Is there any evidence or indication she planned on harming her children before getting involved with Chad? I haven’t heard of any. I think she is mentally ill, got interested in Chad and his beliefs and it all spiriled from there, I don’t think she was looking to a cult as a way to play out an evil plan to harm her children.
There was the friend who claimed Tylee was often ill with I think... pancreatitis or some sort of stomach pains and she (the friend) wondered about that. I think Lori was using Tylee for years. Just My Opinion.

In Utah, both Wanda Barzee and David Mitchell were determined "Incompetent for Trial", and received treatment for mental illness. They were eventually deemed "Competent" to stand trial in the "Elizabeth Smart" kidnapping case.
And it took forever to prosecute them. That is the depressing part.

Yes, but incompetent means she is unable to assist in her defense, so why is
Because she has not been found legally incompetent at this point. One psychologist thinks she is incompetent. There will be more evaluations and hearings. Whatever the judge decides she has still been indicted for 2 capital murders. She needs representation whatever happens.

I just learned this now.
Come on, the woman knew what she was doing by trying to hide it all and lying to relatives and authorities. Once again, is she being manipulative? IMO I think so.

I don't care she has outrageous beliefs, and personally I don't even think she believes half of them herself. A narcissist through and through, she wanted power, control, status...and money, and live the high life, & enjoy the beaches in Hawaii.

The woman killed her own children, likely Charles, and possibly her brother. She wanted them out of her way for her own purposes.
This evil horrible woman needs LWOP, at the least.
Agree. Hiding a crime is admission of the knowledge of wrongdoing.

Because she has not been found legally incompetent at this point. One psychologist thinks she is incompetent. There will be more evaluations and hearings. Whatever the judge decides she has still been indicted for 2 capital murders. She needs representation whatever happens.
Well, to be fair, she is probably telling everyone she is a goddess.

Well, to be fair, she is probably telling everyone she is a goddess.

Respectfully, I didn't write that she had been found LEGALLY incompetent.

For the time being; however, that IS how the judge is treating this. Upon receiving the determination by a qualified professional that LVD is not competent at the present time to proceed and needs restorative treatment, the judge issued an order that all proceedings involving LVD are stayed.

That means that for the time being, the proceedings stop. It does NOT necessarily mean they stop until that original qualified professional deems LVD competent, but it does mean they stop until the judge becomes satisfied in her competency, however that will happen (e.g., treatment which improves her condition, opinions of another qualified professional, opinions of multiple qualified professionals).

And now, more importantly - because their proceedings are not severed, which means they are being tried together - there is a developing potential conflict between LVD's need to take time for treatment to restore mental competency and CD's right to a speedy trial. Since this was originally brought up March 8, over two months have already passed with this existing conflict and it remains to be seen what CD's attorney will do and what the State will do to resolve it.

ETA: For the record, I think this all smells very "slippin' Jimmy-ish." (Better Call Saul reference). Someone here posted that JP was grinning after they all came out of the March 8 breakout sessions where this issue first came up. Are the attorneys working together to get the proceedings separated so each of the two defendants is tried independently and each can point to the other as the guilty party that manipulated the other?

Part of me really wishes the judge would have continued on, read the charges and asked Lori if she understood them. I would have loved to hear her response. And watched it. Especially because I'm sure she didn't think she needed to have one ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6