Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he write about zombies or light/dark in his books?
I'm not sure about light and dark spirits. The term zombie was applied later. According to the article below, while Chad's beliefs were influenced by others, the irreversibility of demon possession was unique in his doctrine.

Excerpts from Chad Daybell’s strange end-times beliefs are not Mormon theology, says historian:

Chad seems to have pulled from ideas that were circulating among other visionaries, including some who, like Rowe, had become controversial over the years.

Stroud’s teachings emphasized demonic possession, as well as the ideas of portals that Chad was apparently into.

This emphasis on demonology — that evil spirits may attach themselves to us — seems to have been particularly important to Chad and Lori Daybell. Before Stroud and Rowe, these ideas seem to have been first popularized by another sort of alternative LDS teacher, Douglas Mendenhall.

Order of Commitment IC 18-212 Lacks Fitness to ProceedCompetency.pdf (idaho.gov)

I'm really surprised they did not find her dangerously mentally ill, She is charged with murdering several people. MOO
But she has not yet been convicted of these crimes. She may indeed achieve that "status" in the days/years to come.

ETA: Sorry I had not read your link. Thank you kindly for posting this! OMG - they are transferring her to the State Mental Health Institution! She is going to be assessed and offered treatment, if she refuses they will notify the court.

Last edited:
Order of Commitment IC 18-212 Lacks Fitness to ProceedCompetency.pdf (idaho.gov)

I'm really surprised they did not find her dangerously mentally ill, She is charged with murdering several people. MOO

True, but now that we have "does lack capacity to make informed decisions about treatment", RW's capitulation makes a lot more sense. If Lori won't even accept that she needs medication, then they certainly have no choice but to halt the trial and remedy this; because without the medication it's pretty certain that she won't be fit to assist in, like, ever

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,
Hope you will join us today at Websleuths YouTube Live as we cover the Chad Daybell hearing. We are not set up to stream the hearing but we will listen and have our chatroom open. In fact, our chatroom is open now. Hope you join us,

warning: more graphic
I hadn’t thought about CD actually shooting TR on his property. Could be, but that seems a little risky during the day.
MOO
I am not convinced that he shot anything, I thought it was a story to explain to Tammy why the pet cemetery was disturbed. As for the vile dismemberment of TR, I think that he and Alex were stupid enough to think they could burn up the pieces her body in a couple hours. It is really time consuming to burn up a body. (It takes days in an open fire) Evidently they realized that, giving up and putting all the pieces in the ground. When the time came to do something with JJs body, they didn’t even try to burn it, they just buried him. In my opinion the state of the bodies was poor planning and stupidity on CD and ACs part. I don’t think it had much to do with zombie nullification.

This is my supposition as well.

I think saying she isn’t dangerously mentally ill is really very important. I think it means she is definitely able to be rehabilitated. And the psychologist thinks this and wanted the court to know it. It may make it hard for her to string it out. MY OPINION ONLY

I hope so. My biggest concern is that now she will be sent to a non-secure facility where she will be blended with civilian populations and there is no security. A different gentleman walked away in January and they still haven't found him: Man missing from State Hospital South previously charged with violent crimes - East Idaho News

If she was found to be dangerously mentally ill they would have sent her to a max security institution outside of Kuna ID. I'm just really surprised that the crimes she is charged with did not come into play on where she will be housed. MOO

Hey Everyone,
Hope you will join us today at Websleuths YouTube Live as we cover the Chad Daybell hearing. We are not set up to stream the hearing but we will listen and have our chatroom open. In fact, our chatroom is open now. Hope you join us,

There is not audio for that thread for Websleuths and Tricia... no sound.. I see her mouth moving, but no sound from Tricia. do other have other links?

I'll brb to find.................

I agree there will be plenty of evidence and I'm expecting convictions, but I think the financial motivations were actually religious - they were "preparing" and needed the finances, they felt justified. I don't think the greed was the same greed that we are familiar with.

I'm at risk with TOS to state more so I'll back off, but, in general, I think it's a mistake to discount the role of their beliefs in understanding this case.

(I understand Lori's past greed and manipulations, but think over time she really fell into Chad's cult, willingly and wholeheartedly, until everything was filtered through those beliefs....to the point of incompetency.)

jmo

For understanding the case, you are perfectly correct.

But I don't think getting a conviction will require that level of understanding. The prosecution only has to prove the greed to the jury's satisfaction, not explain it to ours.

https://twitter.com/natenewsnow

Prosecutors and John Prior, Daybell’s attorney, meeting in Judge Boyce’s chambers.

Garth Daybell is here and has taken a seat behind the defendant’s table

Kay Woodcock and Colby Ryan are here. I’m counting 9 detectives/officers in attendance as well.

Inside the courtroom at Chad Daybell’s arraignment. A few members of the public are here. Daybell is currently meet with his attorney, John Prior, in a separate room. Hearing expected to be short. He will be read his charges and will enter a plea.

It just started. Court TV also showing this.

I appreciate that the judge is reading part of the charges. Often, folks say as a defendant "do not read" the reading of the charges. Which he has done.. so .. just superficial... judge is taking about death penalty....

I hope so. My biggest concern is that now she will be sent to a non-secure facility where she will be blended with civilian populations and there is no security. A different gentleman walked away in January and they still haven't found him: Man missing from State Hospital South previously charged with violent crimes - East Idaho News

If she was found to be dangerously mentally ill they would have sent her to a max security institution outside of Kuna ID. I'm just really surprised that the crimes she is charged with did not come into play on where she will be housed. MOO

I have the same general concerns, montegrl. I have personal experience with someone who murdered another, was found incompetent, put into a state facility, never found competent (as she has a legitimate, documented severe mental illness). She was supposed to stay in a state hospital until competent. Fast forward a few years and she is living on her own. So much for justice in that situation. So the courts do sometimes just let things slide. Hopefully, Lori's case will remain high profile enough that she won't be able to slide back into society.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel