Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering about the changes coming for LVD. She (by report) has spent the past 3 years sort of tunneling down from reality starting w/going to the Temple spending 8 hours a day, reading /quoting bible & Book of Mormon scriptures, enveloping herself in Chad's fantastical angel/zombie saga, writing letters to Chad, isolated in a jail cell with very little outside influence. She has filtered everything going into her mind through these End of Times "rose colored glasses" given to her by Chad. Once she has been transferred to the State Mental Health hospital, surely her books of doom will be removed (all CD's saga) and while she will probably be allowed access to the bible & BoM - it will not be the 8-12 hour focus I am assuming she has immersed herself. I doubt she will be rewarded with kudos for "scripture search contests" like she did with MG.

You may be right. It makes more sense that she is not telling people she is mentally ill. I doubt she thinks she is ill. I think her attorney realized she was off and initiated the process. I think she has been delusional for many months if not years. There were many ignored red flags. Think about that huge report about Tylee’s custody fight. Examples of bizarre thoughts. Anytime outsiders tried to get too close she would flee-going to Hawaii alone, disappearing for 50+ days, moving to Rexburg, going back to Hawaii when cops wouldn’t quit asking about the kids. I think being in jail for long time really showcased her disordered, unclear thoughts.
She is organized about collecting SS checks for her dead children, evading authorities, ordering wedding rings etc.
Nothing disordered about her management of the material things she acquired. Ill gotten gains weren't given away, found stuffed in a pillowcase etc.

The prayer hands from Prior and Chad are likely staged but are interesting body language either way.
Chad's shifty eyes... when looking straight forward I guess he is hiding behind the veil or in the portal.

Or maybe he sees Judas staring back at him from the Ninth Circle of Hell.

View attachment 300177View attachment 300178
I watched the video last night. Chad’s speech pattern was extremely robotic. Did he and his attorney plan this b/c I didn't notice this trait in any of his podcasts, etc.

I rewatched the May 2020 interview with Lori's sister SS and mother. In it, the sister claims that she called Alex and asked him to be at Lori's house for Charles' visit the next day. SS also says that Alex didn't think he was needed, but she persuaded him to come. She believed that Charles was a threat and that Lori would have ended up dead if Alex hadn't been there.

If they were planning to murder Charles that day (since he wasn't living with Lori they might have had limited access to him), why did SS need to call Alex and why would he refuse to come? IMO SS was either in on the plot, inserted herself into the story later to cover for Alex and Lori, or inadvertently started a chain of events. Did they decide on the spot that that was an opportunity to eliminate Charles? Will SS be willing to repeat her claims on the witness stand when Charles' case is brought to court?

SS was also suggesting in that interview that Lori shouldn't have been forced to produce the children because she was their legal mother and she could live wherever she wanted with them without including anyone else in their lives. That was the exact miscalculation that Lori and Chad made.

Last edited:
Mod Note:
A multitude of posts have been removed that consisted of discussing the Daybell children. This included any posts that quoted the initial comments. As a reminder they are not charged in this case and fall under our Victim Friendly TOS.

The prayer hands from Prior and Chad are likely staged but are interesting body language either way.
Chad's shifty eyes... when looking straight forward I guess he is hiding behind the veil or in the portal.

Or maybe he sees Judas staring back at him from the Ninth Circle of Hell.

View attachment 300177View attachment 300178
I noticed the prayer hands too. And the meek tone of voice when he entered his not guilty pleas. Little boy talk. "No, mama, I didn't eat all the chocolate cake, promise." I'm sure they worked on that all month. Prior coaching him. "No, Chad, say it like this. There, that's it. Say it just like that. Nine times." MOO.

I noticed the prayer hands too. And the meek tone of voice when he entered his not guilty pleas. Little boy talk. "No, mama, I didn't eat all the chocolate cake, promise." I'm sure they worked on that all month. Prior coaching him. "No, Chad, say it like this. There, that's it. Say it just like that. Nine times." MOO.
I think Chad has always sounded meek, fwiw.

jmo

At least JP made sure that Chad wasn't smiling this time.

Agreed, unfortunately. I really do find the timing of the concern about competency interesting. If it was a truly organic condition, why now? I know CV had questioned her MH, as he should have, but even that wasn’t enough. I don’t think she was in the right frame of mind when any of these crimes were committed, but I believe she knew what she was doing (and has been a master manipulator for a very long time; though I am not saying she is manipulating the professionals evaluating her by any means).

So why wasn’t competency questioned sooner?
Her previous court appearances had all been on hold for a while, right? Please correct me if I’m wrong! Do we know the exact reason why?

I sincerely hope she gets the intensive therapy she needs, so that she can be tried appropriately. Medication can only do so much, and it’s a mystery to me what they might be treating.

I wonder if Lori would still be interested in Chad if he wasn't a "famous author" (her words to the wedding official).
I rewatched the May 2020 interview with Lori's sister SS and mother. In it, the sister claims that she called Alex and asked him to be at Lori's house for Charles' visit the next day. SS also says that Alex didn't think he was needed, but she persuaded him to come. She believed that Charles was a threat and that Lori would have ended up dead if Alex hadn't been there.

If they were planning to murder Charles that day (since he wasn't living with Lori they might have had limited access to him), why did SS need to call Alex and why would he refuse to come? IMO SS was either in on the plot, inserted herself into the story later to cover for Alex and Lori, or inadvertently started a chain of events. Did they decide on the spot that that was an opportunity to eliminate Charles? Will SS be willing to repeat her claims on the witness stand when Charles' case is brought to court?

SS was also suggesting in that interview that Lori shouldn't have been forced to produce the children because she was their legal mother and she could live wherever she wanted with them without including anyone else in their lives. That was the exact miscalculation that Lori and Chad made.

Interesting video. Insisting we know Laurie and Alex so well, meanwhile had never been to any of her weddings, hasn’t heard from her, didn’t know Alex moved away, didn’t know Alex got married. Denial, denial denial. Mother and sister clearly don’t know Alex and Laurie as well as they thought.

I think the answer to Alex being pressured by LVDs sister us that LVD told her sister she was afraid of CV. That set the stage for a 3rd party request for his presence.

She is organized about collecting SS checks for her dead children, evading authorities, ordering wedding rings etc.
Nothing disordered about her management of the material things she acquired. Ill gotten gains weren't given away, found stuffed in a pillowcase etc.
But that was then and this is now. She managed to be competent for a whole year while in jail. We can only speculate about the nature of her recent problems and what caused them. Was she getting incrementally worse or something (or a combination of things) set her off?

Regarding Laurie having a mental illness, as opposed to being a Narcissist or a Sociopath:
Everyone in my family with mental illness by definition can not control it so it has cost them dearly until medicated. Not one that I’ve seen in my family and schools and prisons had a mental illness that was somehow totally self-serving…..killing for profit, marrying for position, etc etc. Clearly there is something off about Laurie, but I doubt it is schizophrenia….she’s never run naked around town, babbled incoherently, let herself go hygienically….on the other hand, she seems to be a master manipulator, and a win at any price kind of girl. In my humble opinion that’s far more likely to be describing a female sociopath than a person suffering from severe psychosis. I trust the forensic psychiatrists will clear this up fairly quickly.

Regarding Laurie having a mental illness, as opposed to being a Narcissist or a Sociopath:
Everyone in my family with mental illness by definition can not control it so it has cost them dearly until medicated. Not one that I’ve seen in my family and schools and prisons had a mental illness that was somehow totally self-serving…..killing for profit, marrying for position, etc etc. Clearly there is something off about Laurie, but I doubt it is schizophrenia….she’s never run naked around town, babbled incoherently, let herself go hygienically….on the other hand, she seems to be a master manipulator, and a win at any price kind of girl. In my humble opinion that’s far more likely to be describing a female sociopath than a person suffering from severe psychosis. I trust the forensic psychiatrists will clear this up fairly quickly.
I wonder which personality disorder expresses in religious fanaticism.

Exactly, coaching to be expected, here is a Toastmasters article with extensive discussion (half way down) of
steepling of hands to show power and confidence.
Prior is highly aggressive and attentive, he will not be missing the basics.

Body Language - Hand Gestures

But that was then and this is now. She managed to be competent for a whole year while in jail. We can only speculate about the nature of her recent problems and what caused them. Was she getting incrementally worse or something (or a combination of things) set her off?

Lack of sunshine, no dancing, ie aerobic exercise, no fresh veggies and fruits could be talking a toll on her as well. And she took supplements, I don’t know that she would be allowed to continue those supplements, either. But, overall, I think that she was disguising her mental health issues with coping skills she picked up along the way. Those skills are not being used on anyone during incarceration except guards, and her lawyer. So, she’s losing the protective screen that has covered her in the past. But really, killing is not a normal behavior. If she cannot understand that killing is a crime and that your children are not zombies, is that the same neurological area that controls the ability to assist in your defense? She would not believe she needed a defense because she did not do anything wrong thought process. Lawyers are trained to be nonjudgmental. But can she be nonjudgmental in her own defense? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel