Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that Ms. Blake, Mr. Prior and the judge attended the meeting today. They scheduled trial for November but I guess I am a little confused and if someone can explain. I thought Chad AND Lori were both being tried together. Which I assumed that meant trial together. But since she is away being treated, are they trying them separately now?

Why is Means continuing to talk about ongoing case on Twitter? Shouldn't State or Judge stop this? Means wants sanctions against State but he should be sanctioned..are the State and Judge too WEAK? JMO
IMO Means was counting on having Prior’s help throughout the entire trial process. Now that Prior has seemingly separated himself from Means and Lori to concentrate on Chad’s case, Means is out there dangling in the wind. If he’s trying to show that Lori can’t receive a fair trial, his “trial by twitter” approach isn’t going to help when he’s the one fanning the flames in the media.

SteelCity I think because LV is incompetent to stand trial, automatically the trials are separated. CD cannot get a speedy trial if he waited around for LV to receive treatment and be ready for trial. So even though I looked but did not see any motion on the separation it may be an automatic ruling.

Prior wanted separate trials way back in the beginning. Means did not.

My question to add on to yours, no death penalty case has been mentioned, so Prior stays on. What happens if between now and November, the death penalty is on the table…..new lawyer and at least a year delay? OR has CD turned states evidence against LV and he will not get the DP, but she may?

Any Lawyer out there can give any ideas?

Pretrial conference at 9:30 AM on Sept 29th.

Trial to begin on Nov 8th to go until Dec 10th but extra days were set aside until Dec 17th.
For those interested, I'd just like to add (from my notes):

State must deliver all discovery by July 15. Prior says he needs at least 30 days to go through all that as he expects it to be voluminous. Further, he has seen nothing from the Grand Jury, but expects that material will also be voluminous, so he'd like longer, perhaps 60 days to prepare. Judge Boyce set Sept 10 as the due date for filing all motions to be heard at the Pretrial, to give the State time to respond.

July 15 - Due date for discovery to be turned over from State to Defense.
Sept 10 - Due date for all motions to be filed in advance of Pretrial Conf.
Sept 29 - Pretrial Conference.
Nov 8 through Dec 17 - Trial scheduled.

I think he's trying to claim that because of prior abuse (and the things I've read about her father, I totally believe she has serious abuse in her past, and no that's totally not an excuse for what she did), she's not capable of making a sound judgement about her own treatment so he as her attorney needs to be involved to protect her. Sort of like a guardian.
Then he needs to file for Guardian status because it's not normal for any attorney to be so involved in psychiatric care of their client.

Admittedly I haven’t paid attention to many pre-trial defense motions before this case, so apologies if this is a weird question.
Is it normal for defense attorneys to mention ‘historic and systemic abuse’ in a motion? What does that alleged fact have to do with him being involved in her mental health care? Is it a warning or threat to CD that LV is going to claim he abused her? If not, why even put that out there now? I’m not surprised he wants to try the abuse excuse, just the timing of it. (CF Arias PTSD defense? I can’t go through that again lol).
Maybe he is confused and meant to say that 'historically, LVD systematically abuses every system and human in her wake'? Jmo/ and kidding... kinda

Then he needs to file for Guardian status because it's not normal for any attorney to be so involved in psychiatric care of their client.
Is it possible MM isn’t aware of all the minute details required for a case this complex or even for a client that has such specialized needs?

Can someone of LVD family intervene (if they choose to) if MM attempts to be made her guardian? Has there been a case (criminal or not) where the attorney is appointed guardianship instead of a family member?

All jmo moo imo

Wow! I SO hope that LVD gives us a show! She would put JA to shame. I can see the "poor me" saga already. No doubt, she "had" to sell JJ's therapy dog because she was "destitute". And, AC took her children, saying that they would be "safe" with him.

On and on...

Except she told MG that Alex didn't know where the kids were in the phone call MG recorded.

So is JP not interested in moving the trial anymore? Has JP spent the last year with CD in custody, not reviewing any evidence? I would imagine he’s seen some of the evidence the prosecution has by now.

All jmo moo imo
Jmo..I agree what has Prior been doing for a year with the old charges that he has to have that information again..? I wonder also why has Prior decided not to move case? Why is Means trying his case on Twitter? Is Lori still in jail? Or has she been moved and no one knows..All these motions Means has filed, what has become of them? Any hearing dates filed for that..there are some private hospitals in Idaho run by LDS..

Jmo..I agree what has Prior been doing for a year with the old charges that he has to have that information again..? I wonder also why has Prior decided not to move case? Why is Means trying his case on Twitter? Is Lori still in jail? Or has she been moved and no one knows..All these motions Means has filed, what has become of them? Any hearing dates filed for that..there are some private hospitals in Idaho run by LDS..
Still awaiting official word on if LVD is transferred. As far as which one she is at, I’m not sure we will know due to HIPA and the whole patient confidentiality thing. I could be wrong though.

All jmo moo imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member