Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. When MM tweeted a gif of running rats last year, he suggested that other people were much more involved than previously thought. Yes, apparently pointing to other players is his defense strategy. I'm not saying it would work.
Unless he blames Chad, what other strategy does he have? I can see how he might argue Lori was the unwitting victim of a conspiracy between MG and Alex Cox. The public seems up for it, so a jury might buy it.

The real question for me is, will Lori and Chad stay loyal to each other, or turn on each other? Or one stay loyal and the other turn. IMO that tension might turn me into a lunatic.

BBM. When MM tweeted a gif of running rats last year, he suggested that other people were much more involved than previously thought. Yes, apparently pointing to other players is his defense strategy. I'm not saying it would work.

I could be wrong but I believe there have been other defense lawyers throughout history who have attempted to create doubt (or diversion) regarding their client's guilt by speaking to the press. I don't know for certain but maybe the running rats gif MM tweeted could be considered a similar tactic. I haven't seen anyone legally call him out for making the tweet. Do I think it was classy or smart or anything positive... no. And, I wish he could be called out for it. I do not believe there are others who are equally to blame for the death and destruction as C&L. But, I still don't think it's legally wrong for us (lay people or media) to discuss other C&L believers. (*Just don't break the WS rules if doing it here, of course)

It takes two people to leak info: one with access to information and another with a public voice. Who has access to discovery? Who is speaking publicly about the case?
According to the Hidden interview with SD, she had shared the full recording with at least 1 person other than the police. And shared it with others in edited form. So, IMO, the leak didn't necessarily come from discovery but possibly from the true crime community on social media.

Unless he blames Chad, what other strategy does he have? I can see how he might argue Lori was the unwitting victim of a conspiracy between MG and Alex Cox. The public seems up for it, so a jury might buy it.

The real question for me is, will Lori and Chad stay loyal to each other, or turn on each other? Or one stay loyal and the other turn. IMO that tension might turn me into a lunatic.
I don't remember MG ever being linked to Alex. Also, nothing points to her being the cult leader and manipulating others. I don't see how pointing at others could diminsh Lori's role in her children's deaths. Perhaps the ultimate goal is to discredit witnesses.

I don't remember MG ever being linked to Alex. Also, nothing points to her being the cult leader and manipulating others. I don't see how pointing at others could diminsh Lori's role in her children's deaths. Perhaps the ultimate goal is to discredit witnesses.
I agree. NOTHING can diminish Lori’s role and premeditation.

According to the Hidden interview with SD, she had shared the full recording with at least 1 person other than the police. And shared it with others in edited form. So, IMO, the leak didn't necessarily come from discovery but possibly from the true crime community on social media.
BBM. That's not how I remembered it, so I relistened the interview. SD claims (at around 41:30 in the interview) that she only sent the entire recording to police (and a shortened version to two other parties) and says that the police leaked it. By the time a certain youtuber obtained it through MM, SD already deleted the original. The youtuber sent the recording to other people as well.

Last edited:
I can't help wondering if the "leaker" wanted us (the public) to know something specific from that tape? I mean, there's a lot on the tape, but what, in particular, are we supposed to be paying attention to?

I'm going to mash these two comments together in my mind and say MM doesn't want us to get anything in particular. It's just a mud-slinging match in the "Don't look at my client! Look over here!" vein; because it's (the call) not very helpful in any legal way, shape, or form. It's only helpful in the public perception. I'm pretty sure that the tape's being recorded with only one-party consent in a two-party state means that (a), we'll never see it in court at all, it being inadmissible; and that if it was MM, he did it because it was (b), the only way that he could get the information into the public eye, if/since he knows he won't get to play and dissect it for days on end on court like he would probably like to do.

Of course, I'm not discounting the possibility that since this is MM, he might not know he can't use it in court; but I don't think it takes away from the main idea of his message, which is that he wants blame shifted from Lori to MG or to, well, anyone whom he can talk Lori into trying to blame. (He's probably also interested in finding out if it will work, and might be monitoring places like the comments section of East Idaho News to see how well these tactics are being received.)

I'm going to mash these two comments together in my mind and say MM doesn't want us to get anything in particular. It's just a mud-slinging match in the "Don't look at my client! Look over here!" vein; because it's (the call) not very helpful in any legal way, shape, or form. It's only helpful in the public perception. I'm pretty sure that the tape's being recorded with only one-party consent in a two-party state means that (a), we'll never see it in court at all, it being inadmissible; and that if it was MM, he did it because it was (b), the only way that he could get the information into the public eye, if/since he knows he won't get to play and dissect it for days on end on court like he would probably like to do.

Of course, I'm not discounting the possibility that since this is MM, he might not know he can't use it in court; but I don't think it takes away from the main idea of his message, which is that he wants blame shifted from Lori to MG or to, well, anyone whom he can talk Lori into trying to blame. (He's probably also interested in finding out if it will work, and might be monitoring places like the comments section of East Idaho News to see how well these tactics are being received.)
That's what I think also.

<snipped for focus>
(He's probably also interested in finding out if it will work, and might be monitoring places like the comments section of East Idaho News to see how well these tactics are being received.)

I was reading some of the comments just yesterday on East Idaho News on the data dump. There are occasional Daybell apologist comments that show up there, not many, and they are not tolerated well. I do find the comments there interesting.

I do agree the leaked recording is of little legal value- to either the prosecution or the defense. I think at best, it benefits the defense by trying to create an alternative monster to hate, since the crimes are so despicable.

It does a little good for the prosecution, too, because anyone introduced to this crime by this tape is unlikely to be amenable to Alternative narratives for how the children ended up buried in Chad’s- oh, pardon me- Prior’s back yard.

But in the balance, it really has little value to either side.

If it were helpful, I don’t see why it couldn’t be entered as evidence with the woman who recorded it as a witness. IANAL, so I guess I am asking.

Yes, she obtained it illegally. (Although I understand why she pushed record before looking up local laws- she probably needed someone to hear it just because it’s bizarreness was so extreme she needed to make sure it was real.)

Couldn’t it be used as long as LE did not record it or ask her to? If I chased my dog onto a neighbor’s lawn (trespassing) and looked in a window and witnessed illegal activity, couldn’t my testimony be used, even if I am guilty of trespassing ? (And being a total narc, lol.)

Obviously, if LE could not get a warrant and ASKED me to peek, that would be a different story.

? Any lawyers know?

Hi guys. I just watched the videos from the previous page..Hidden True Crime, I think. And the whole video was discussing the recording of Melanie Gibb speaking with the journalist. Do we have access to that recording? I looked through the past few pages here, but didn't find it. If it's okay for us to hear it, would anyone mind posting the link? Thank you!

Here's the link to the video:

This was posted by SillyBilly on Wednesday at Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

"Tricia has approved the following podcast at True Crime Underground. Melanie G is interviewed and members may discuss what she had to say.

mqdefault.jpg

The Melanie Gibb Phone Call She Doesn’t Want You To Hear"

HTH

I think there's a good chance they will both turn on one another. If just one turns, I'd put money on Chad doing it. There's a slim chance Lori really believed Chad's tall tales, and she may still think he's a god of sorts.

Chad, though, he wanted power of life and death and he wanted the pretty woman in his bed. Getting caught wasn't in his plan. If he thinks he can turn on Lori and get off, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'm really hoping they seek the death penalty for both of them.

So both CD and LVD's murder cases have this new docket entry:

07/27/2021 Motion

Comment
for Pro Hac Vice Admission

IDK if its related to the motions that were unsealed and granted or a different motion for someone else. Hope fully this will post to the other site so we can see it. MOO
Details (idaho.gov)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member