Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Idaho Supreme Court information!

However, I'm asking about this one:

fed.png

image from Means-Law Attorney

Just because it's a Big Deal for a friend of mine.

jmho ymmv lrr

What is an Idaho Supreme Court Attorney Good Standing Certificate?

Why would I need an Idaho Supreme Court Attorney Good Standing Certificate?

Idaho Supreme Court Good Standing Certificates are often requested when an Idaho Attorney practices outside of the state of Idaho.

If you are a practicing attorney in the state of Idaho and you need to practice outside of Idaho some non-Idaho courts will require certification from the highest court in Idaho. In Idaho the highest court is the Idaho Supreme Court.
Idaho Supreme Court Attorney Good Standing Certificate
Or request attorney practice membership in the federal courts.

SBM. It has since become known that the prosecution's objection was indeed about MM. Regarding the conflict of interest, Lori Hellis states in her latest newsletter that a conflict of interest has nothing to do with attorney's qualifications but is related to their contact with individuals, their prior representation or ethical obligations. I still wonder what it is, if it's not prior representation of Chad.
In the not too distant past (early June) LH wrote in her newsletter 'Chad Arraigned and Pleads Not Guilty' that once the prosecution files notice of intent to seek the death penalty, the court will appoint an attorney from the death penalty panel, and if the destruction of evidence charges were merged with the murder charges JP will not be able to remain on Chad’s case as the lead counsel. In her next newsletter 'Chad's Trial Date and More' she wrote that if the state files their notice of intent to seek the death penalty the court will appoint new, death-penalty qualified lawyers.

All of this was incorrect because, as per the Idaho Criminal Rules I have previously cited in past threads, the court only gets involved in qualifications of counsel when the state is paying, ie the defendant is indigent. Even then it is a right to have representation but the defendant can and sometimes does choose to waive their right and represent themselves or an attorney of their choice can work pro bono.

It's quite a big thing for a lawyer to get wrong.

I'm not saying LH is wrong about the conflict of interest but I'm not going to automatically assume that if LH states it it must be correct either. She could be right but I'm sticking with my guess that it was an administrative decision going forward to protect her rights once the state had decided her case was going to be a death penalty case, and not leave important decisions like preserving evidence with potentially ineffective counsel. If I'm wrong I'm wrong, it happens a lot.

MOO

This might be a stupid question, but with LV's case stayed, is it appropriate for motions unrelated to the status of her condition to be filed? She supposedly cannot participate in her own case, and to my knowledge hasn't made MM her guardian. So, how is he acting on her behalf if she cannot participate?

That has been my concern all along, relative to jury selection. Will voir dire dig into potential jurists’ religious beliefs? How would that stand up to a First Amendment test?
This is one case where it’s particularly appropriate for potential jurors to be questioned individually in private. Even if it’s legit to ask about particular religious beliefs it’s a small town where most people belong to the same general church. Probably a max of 2 degrees of separation between all of them. People may not be comfortable voicing their individual beliefs to a room full of other potential jurors.

Last edited:
Anyone in UK enjoy watching "missing" shows ? Over on Blaze Sky Ch 164 or Freeview 63 a programme with our Nate Eaton appearing. Missing 411.

A little boy went missing from a camp site in 2015. Nate went to cover the story. It seems to be covering 5 missing children over a period of a few years. Possible that Nate has finished his reporting.

Just saying.

There is some interesting info in the Third Declared Motion to Compel!
One thing I noticed is under MM's signature it says "Mark L. Means, Advocate for Mrs. Lori Norene Daybell". In previous filings under his signature was "Mark L. Means, Attorney". Is this a legal distinction since the court appointed JA?

SBM. It has since become known that the prosecution's objection was indeed about MM. Regarding the conflict of interest, Lori Hellis states in her latest newsletter that a conflict of interest has nothing to do with attorney's qualifications but is related to their contact with individuals, their prior representation or ethical obligations. I still wonder what it is, if it's not prior representation of Chad.

Why would that come out now? The resolutions of those conflicts appear to have been addressed at that time without further objection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper