Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #61

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting. Because we really do need to acknowledge the culture in Rexburg, ID, of which 97% of the people who live in Rexburg, ID belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (ie, Mormon).

And even among LDS folks, there are differences, I would suggest that folks in Rexburg, ID are more likely than not to be very conservative, and more religious than others. Let's not forget the fact that Rexburg has "Rick's College", which is part of Brigham Young University system. Many of the jurors more than likely attended classes there, or may even work there.

However, religion is always a factor in many cases in Utah, and there has been no problem with convictions. Brian David Mitchell is an excellent example. He tried to twist the LDS faith into some bizarre reasoning to justify the kidnapping and rape of Elizabeth Smart, it didn't work.
I would say that 97% is a bit inflated. The demographics have changed a little more and we’re seeing more people who aren’t of LDS faith move to the area. There’s also a good amount of people who aren’t LDS that have lived here for awhile.

All jmo moo imo

That is interesting. Because we really do need to acknowledge the culture in Rexburg, ID, of which 97% of the people who live in Rexburg, ID belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. (ie, Mormon).

And even among LDS folks, there are differences, I would suggest that folks in Rexburg, ID are more likely than not to be very conservative, and more religious than others. Let's not forget the fact that Rexburg has "Rick's College", which is part of Brigham Young University system. Many of the jurors more than likely attended classes there, or may even work there.

However, religion is always a factor in many cases in Utah, and there has been no problem with convictions. Brian David Mitchell is an excellent example. He tried to twist the LDS faith into some bizarre reasoning to justify the kidnapping and rape of Elizabeth Smart, it didn't work.
Scott Reisch was in Rexburg recently on his day off. After talking to people there he still maintains the view that an impartial jury could be found in the area, so the trial wouldn't need to be moved elsewhere.

I would say that 97% is a bit inflated. The demographics have changed a little more and we’re seeing more people who aren’t of LDS faith move to the area. There’s also a good amount of people who aren’t LDS that have lived here for awhile.

All jmo moo imo

Sorry, I should have added a link to the source document for that statistic.
Rexburg, Idaho - Wikipedia this states 95%.

That being said, the LDS faith counts many people as "members" who may not consider themselves LDS. This includes children who were baptized, but as adults no longer affiliate with the LDS church.

Sorry, I should have added a link to the source document for that statistic.
Rexburg, Idaho - Wikipedia this states 95%.

That being said, the LDS faith counts many people as "members" who may not consider themselves LDS. This includes children who were baptized, but as adults no longer affiliate with the LDS church.
I understand what you’re saying, but I definitely wouldn’t trust Wikipedia’s expertise here. It can be edited and changed by anyone.

I definitely believe an impartial jury can be found and despite the majority of people who are religious and fall into the LDS category; I believe that justice can be found for all the victims who crossed LVD and CD.

All jmo moo imo

ETA: I’m just a local here so I may see things slightly different than Wikipedia.

I understand what you’re saying, but I definitely wouldn’t trust Wikipedia’s expertise here. It can be edited and changed by anyone.

I definitely believe an impartial jury can be found and despite the majority of people who are religious and fall into the LDS category; I believe that justice can be found for all the victims who crossed LVD and CD.

All jmo moo imo

ETA: I’m just a local here so I may see things slightly different than Wikipedia.

I share your disdain (not to put words in your mouth) for the reliability of any Wikipedia site. Recent census numbers have just been released, so perhaps useful demographics will trickle into out cupped hands directly.

Last edited:
Looks like MM is attempting to step his game up.

Means-Law Attorney

He’s adding a blog and it appears the website is focused on LVD based on pictures he’s using to amp up his wensite.

All jmo moo imo

I saw he has criminal Law listed. Hmmm. Also, can he put Pictures and Info on the vases he is currently working on? Is that ethical? Or is he walking a fine line, even with approval of clients?

goodnight…will read all your replies in the morning…..thanks

I saw he has criminal Law listed. Hmmm. Also, can he put Pictures and Info on the vases he is currently working on? Is that ethical? Or is he walking a fine line, even with approval of clients?

How can Lori approve when she is not competant? MOO.

I’m not a lawyer so hoping one of the lawyers or law experts here will jump in. But it seems like a breach of trust. It also looked like he was trying to link the court filings to LVD case based on the picture and link placement.

Means-Law Attorney

All jmo moo imo

Attachments

• 8BF60EF5-6F3D-4294-B5B1-A6F4AFC92968.jpeg
    8BF60EF5-6F3D-4294-B5B1-A6F4AFC92968.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 39
There is some interesting info in the Third Declared Motion to Compel!
Yes there is. And it’s painfully obvious MM also used this document to get leaks out to the public . Note the many items requesting interview information that have a sentence added at the end that provides a snippet of information regarding the interview topic. Note how many of those snippets contain info that either supports CV’s case, disparages the witness and/or disparage The State, RW and LE. Now note the requests that do NOT have a snippet sentence at the end. There are quite a few of them too so the snippet component isn’t part of some template. MM chooses when to add them or not.

There’s no apparent pattern to which requests include a bonus content snippet vs those that don’t. Which suggests to me the addition of a leak helpful snippet depends only on whether the content is something MM would love to tweet (or hand off to a True Crime YouTuber) but can’t without getting in trouble.

MM’s use of this filing to also get info out to the public is painfully obvious given:
a) snippets inconsistently appearing and
b) when they do appear the content MM chooses is almost always info that serves CD or skewers RW/LE.

It’s so clumsy I’m reminded of a little kid who when told “don’t hit your brother” starts kicking him instead. And when admonished insists they had no idea there was anything wrong with kicking I truly hope that someone calls him on it and forces him to try the case in court and not on the internet. IMO sanctions are also warranted. Then again, IMO the man should be on trial w/the ID Bar Assn.

Not all defense attorneys are sneaky, disparaging, uncooperative, fame-hungry time-wasters. IMO they may well consider MM a menace to their profession. And I would agree.

Dunno. But if they are, no doubt Nate will blitz his site with related articles faster than we can read them.
I later checked and found that MM's list of complaints about the full discovery and the "explosive" sealed document likely aren't the same. The latter was brought up by Nate at the end of June while the discovery was given to the defense in mid-July.

Looks like MM is attempting to step his game up.

Means-Law Attorney

He’s adding a blog and it appears the website is focused on LVD based on pictures he’s using to amp up his wensite.

All jmo moo imo
His days on this case might be numbered, so he's trying to use his fame to become a media pundit. Judging by his SM, he definitely has a lot of opinions.

I noticed the Supreme Court seal. Is this guy Supreme Court qualified???

I know very little about this. Specifically, I know several attorneys. One is very proud of her attorney Dad, who is Supreme Court qualified and took one case before our Supreme Court. Only time I've heard this mentioned.

@AZlawyer , @gitana1 , can you fill in any blanks here?

Thank you!

Last edited:
What is an Idaho Supreme Court Attorney Good Standing Certificate?

Why would I need an Idaho Supreme Court Attorney Good Standing Certificate?

Idaho Supreme Court Good Standing Certificates are often requested when an Idaho Attorney practices outside of the state of Idaho.

If you are a practicing attorney in the state of Idaho and you need to practice outside of Idaho some non-Idaho courts will require certification from the highest court in Idaho. In Idaho the highest court is the Idaho Supreme Court.
Idaho Supreme Court Attorney Good Standing Certificate

Now I'm wondering if the state's sealed motion objecting to counsel's entry of appearance on the murder case, and for a finding of conflict had nothing to do with any 'misconduct' or the like, and is merely setting out the fact that the state will be seeking the death penalty and MM is underqualified to represent her, even as co-counsel.
SBM. It has since become known that the prosecution's objection was indeed about MM. Regarding the conflict of interest, Lori Hellis states in her latest newsletter that a conflict of interest has nothing to do with attorney's qualifications but is related to their contact with individuals, their prior representation or ethical obligations. I still wonder what it is, if it's not prior representation of Chad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmjordan75