Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wed., Sept. 8th:
*Status Conference Hearing (@ 1:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2019 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – for *Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 48) arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii on 2/20/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & arraigned (5/26/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4(for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): Chad only: 1st Degree murder. Count 7: Lori only: Grand theft (related to social security survivor benefits allocated for the care of minors Tylee & JJ). DA will seek DP. Fremont County
Arrested (in Kauai, Hawaii) on 2/20/20 & charged (6/30/20) & arraigned (9/20/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Bond was set at $5M & reduced to $1M.
Conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence charges dismissed without prejudice on 7/29/21. Fremont County
Trial was set to begin on 7/12/21 has been vacated. No further dates yet.
Grand Jury convened from May 17 to May 20 re JJ Vallow, Tylee Ryan & Tammy Daybell. Indicted on 5/25/21 (see above).
Vallow was found incompetent to stand trial on 5/27/21. Transferred to mental hospital on 6/24/21.

Court info from 3/5/20 thru 8/11/21 reference post #134 here:
Found Deceased - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Sept & Oct 2019 *Arrests* #62

8/19/21 Update: Status conference hearing scheduled on 8/30/21 at 3pm. 8/30/21 Update: The judge had received 2 letters from the Dr. that is treating her today, but he did not consider them to be "Progress Reports" as required by the statute. They did recommend extending the treatment phase. Lori's commitment extended to Sept. 8 to allow a detailed progress report be sent to all parties. Next status hearing on 9/8/21 @ 1:30pm. 9/2/21: Order for temporary extension of 18-212 Commitment.

*AZ – Indicted (6/24/21) & served (6/29/21) with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of former husband Charles Vallow. Maricopa County
6/29/21 Update: Lori Vallow is indicted (6/24/21) by a grand jury in Maricopa County, charged with conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder in the death of her former husband Charles Vallow. Indictment #797-GJ-259/ Arizona won't go any further until Vallow's Idaho charges have been resolved. The indictment states, “Lori N. Vallow, on or about July 11, 2019, with the intent to promote or aid the commission of an offense, to-wit: First Degree Murder, agreed with Alexander Cox that at least one of them or another would engage in conduct constituting the offense of First Degree Murder.” The prosecutor in Lori's Maricopa County case for the murder of Charles Vallow is Jodi Arias prosecutor Juan Martinez's girlfriend, Treena Kay.
*Madison County: Pretrial conference hearing on 8/17/21 & trial set to begin on 8/30/21 were both vacated.
*Chad Guy Daybell (51/now 53) – Motions hearing on 9/20/21, pretrial conference hearing on murder charge on 9/30/21 & motions hearing re change of venue on 10/5/21. Trial set to begin on 11/8/21.

I've just begun watching the documentary series on Netflix called "Murder Among the Mormons," and I think a lot of members here would be interested in seeing it. It deals with basic Mormon concepts, but it also introduces alternate concepts that include magical thinking. I'm reminded of how seemingly easy it was for Chad to convince Lori, Melanie, and others of his "god-likeness."

Note: I grew up in a small community in Colorado near the Utah border and many of my childhood friend were Mormon. Salt of the earth. Some of the best human beings I've ever known, so I'm not criticizing Mormons.

But, within the history of the Church, there are concepts that deviate and those concepts can be dangerous to the cult-minded.

I'm not convinced those of other faiths would be so easily convinced of false prophets like Chad and JR.

I'd be surprised if Alex had any life insurance. I don't think he was working at the time and any life insurance he had would probably have been through an employer. Maybe I'm wrong about his being unemployed -- but he just had that vibe about him. ZP was the breadwinner? Hence the marriage -- or at least one of the reasons for the marriage?

ETA: Alex was awaiting future payoffs from other life insurance policies on his "hits"?
If ZP had substantial life insurance, at some point down the line, she would have been added to the hit list.

I think Chad was preparing his children for the death of Tammy. Listening to her daughter say that she was tired, out of breath, going to bed early... Her daughter was almost disgusted by these things about her mom. I wonder and believe that Chad was manipulating and feeding his kids things about their mom. He was likely telling them things for a while that made them disrespect her in ways. Yes, they loved her. But, they seem to be more loyal to their "father" than to their mom. She was likely depressed (I think she suspected that Chad was having an affair), going through menopause, dealing with a narcissist, and carrying the burden of keeping the household going, (also is it possible she was being slowly poisoned?); of course she was tired! She was also probably told many times that she would be dying soon by her "dear" husband. She went to see her parents in Utah just shortly before her death and they photographed her dancing and having fun. They said she was perfectly healthy!

These kids in their interview show severe signs of denying the evidence. I can't understand how they were not upset learning about Chad's affair. Instead, they discount it to nothing more than "looking bad" and "only an emotional" affair. Of course it was more than emotional. They are likely not listening to everything coming out. They have closed ranks and do not understand reality IMVHO. I will tell you that way before the bodies were found, way before the whole truth began to come out, they had already cut off ties with some of their family. The fact that his daughter believed his lie of not knowing the bodies were in the yard... the fact that his son doesn't see how incredibly convenient it was that the raccoon was shot on the exact same day that a body was buried in their yard... the fact that they trust and believe their father over the rest of the world... I am sad for these adulkids that they are so brainwashed they cannot see the truth through their own eyes. They are still looking at the world through the tainted glasses that their father placed on them. How can they not see the lies their father told - "no" children of Lori; he told the police he didn't have Lori's phone number (his wife at that point); he just met her in Hawaii; lies upon lies upon lies... They know a lie is a sin! But his hold on them is still so strong even though he is in jail that they will not listen to truth and reason - and they have such a distrust of the police they probably won't believe the evidence that is laid out before them. I do have empathy for them as I believe they have been emotionally abused their whole lives.

Just as an offhand comment, most people receive life insurance after their spouse's death, so it's not just a cult thing.

But I agree with others, Alex had no dependents, and wasn't working. And, would be more suspicious than most people, if his new wife insisted he buy a large policy.
Mmmm, I don't know if "most" people receive life insurance after a spouse's death. I know that I have told my husband flat out NO when it comes to getting life insurance. I don't want to be murdered over it. It's a common motive on true crime shows.

Mmmm, I don't know if "most" people receive life insurance after a spouse's death. I know that I have told my husband flat out NO when it comes to getting life insurance. I don't want to be murdered over it. It's a common motive on true crime shows.
Hmm.

My perspective is, most people get life insurance because someone is dependent or accustomed to their income. If they were to die, the loss of that income would cause financial hardship to the survivors, eg having to sell a house, having to get a better paying job.

I agree, no one should be getting life insurance purely as a gift to someone else when they die.

But not because the beneficiary might murder them, rather, because life insurance is expensive. Obviously, the insurance companies make a profit from it, it's a waste of money to get it if you don't have dependents who need it.

Far better to save your money from those insurance premiums, spend it on other people or yourself as you need it, and just create a will that will divide your assets when you die.

You might want to rethink things if you really think your husband may murder you. Otherwise, having cash put back for funeral costs and any associated medical bills is as acceptable as insurance to most. JMO

I've just begun watching the documentary series on Netflix called "Murder Among the Mormons," and I think a lot of members here would be interested in seeing it. It deals with basic Mormon concepts, but it also introduces alternate concepts that include magical thinking. I'm reminded of how seemingly easy it was for Chad to convince Lori, Melanie, and others of his "god-likeness."

Note: I grew up in a small community in Colorado near the Utah border and many of my childhood friend were Mormon. Salt of the earth. Some of the best human beings I've ever known, so I'm not criticizing Mormons.

But, within the history of the Church, there are concepts that deviate and those concepts can be dangerous to the cult-minded.

I'm not convinced those of other faiths would be so easily convinced of false prophets like Chad and JR.

Almost everything I know about LDS, I learned following this case, so I am hardly an expert.

But it seems to me that the there is truth to your observation above.

And it seems to me that there is something positive about individuals having the agency to gut-check, smell test, pray on it, or however one wishes to express the feeling of being prompted. Autonomy- there is no such thing as freedom without it.

Then it seems to me that there is hypocrisy in that there appears to be a narrow range of what one can be prompted to do. I don’t think being prompted to marry someone same sex, for instance, would go over well in a practicing household.

Of course, LDS is not the only religion with a hypocrisy problem.

In real life, I only know a few Mormons, and very superficially; I couldn’t even evaluate if I would enjoy having them over for a BBQ. On this board and some podcasts, etc., and I imagine I would find them a pleasure. I don’t need coffee or alcohol every time I hang with a person!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scroobius