Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patch Tuesday

Reaction score
Police searching for Rexburg children believed to be in serious danger | East Idaho News

I believe this is going to be a more complicated case than it looks on the surface. The children's mother (Lori Wallows) recently married a man (Chad Daybell) a few weeks after his wife died. It was presumed the late wife had died of natural causes but was exhumed recently and her death is now being investigated.
The new wife's husband was shot in a family argument earlier this year:

Chandler Police identify man who was shot dead during family fight

The husband and wife are not cooperating with police and have since vanished.

ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE*NO DISCUSSION

Thread #1

Attachments

• joshua-tylee.jpg
    joshua-tylee.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
Police seek help locating 2 endangered children, disappearance may be tied to death investigation

[...]

Death Investigation

Family members found Tammy Daybell, 49, dead in her Fremont County home Oct. 19, 2019. At that time, Daybell’s death was believed to be natural.

Daybell was interred in Springville, Utah, on Oct. 22. Subsequent investigation by the FCSO determined Daybell's death may be suspicious. On Dec. 11, Daybell's remains were exhumed by the FCSO, with the assistance of the Utah Office of the Medical Examiner, and an autopsy conducted.

During the course of the death investigation by the FCSO, investigators were made aware that two Rexburg children, ages 7 and 17, were missing.

Investigators determined within a couple weeks of Daybell's death, her surviving husband, Chad Daybell, had married Rexburg resident Lori Vallow, who is the mother of the missing children.

Missing Children Background:
Rexburg police attempted to conduct a welfare check on Joshua Vallow, the adopted 7- year-old special needs son of Lori Vallow, at their residence at 565 Pioneer Road in Rexburg Nov. 26.

The welfare check was being conducted as extended family outside Idaho had not been able to speak with Joshua since September and were concerned.

Investigators from Rexburg police spoke with Lori Vallow and her new husband, Chad Daybell, who indicated Joshua was staying with a family friend in Arizona.

Investigators left but learned later that day that Joshua had not been staying with the friend as indicated by Lori Vallow.

On Nov. 27, Rexburg police executed search warrants at locations in Rexburg associated with Lori Vallow, in an attempt to locate Joshua.

As the search warrants were being executed, investigators determined Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell had abruptly vacated their residence and left Rexburg.

Police then requested assistance from the FBI in locating Joshua.

Read more: Police seek help locating 2 endangered children, disappearance may be tied to death investigation - Local News 8

BBM. Am I understanding correctly that Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell have fled and their whereabouts are unknown as well? The above article goes on to say that no one has seen the kids since September. I hope these kids are ok but this doesn't sound good. :(

Hopefully someone with a legal background can help me here. Setting aside our own feelings and speculation.... criminally what have Lori and Chad technically done wrong? Do they legally have to produce the children?

For instance, if my husband and I decided to move away with our biological child and not tell our extended family, would we have to answer to the police if asked? (Let’s pretend that the multiple suspicious deaths don’t exist)

Right now they are not charged with anything, however the police have reasonable cause for concern for the welfare of the children (now listed as “missing - endangered”) and thus they are wanted for questioning in relation to that.

Generally speaking (as legalities will vary by location) police will need to sight the children if they have reasonable cause for concern. When Lori and Chad refused, police were able to obtain a warrant.
In other circumstances, police would be able to enter the home without a warrant if they had a reasonable belief a child (or adult for that matter) was in immediate danger. For example, if while at the door they heard a cry for help, or a relative had received a disturbing text message (like “I’m chained up in the basement”).

If you just moved away without telling anyone, police won’t necessarily pass on private details. They could check and simply report back “all is well”.

Where did the info come from that he wasn’t properly withdrawn and that there are letters to the superintendent required? I ask because the cops said it appeared he was withdrawn to homeschool. Also, one of the locals was saying there is basically no rules and oversight around homeschooling in Idaho, but it sounds more strict than that, from what you just said. Thank you!

Actually, according to the website, parents really don't have to do much at all.
Idaho State Department of Education (SDE)

If this works, this is the actual press release from the Rexburg Police Department regarding both Tammy Daybell and the missing children, as posted on their Facebook page December 21.

If it doesn’t attach properly or is unreadable, their Facebook page is here: Rexburg Police Department

Attachments

• 1B60BCF7-4BCF-4B39-A508-584A8376733D.jpeg
    1B60BCF7-4BCF-4B39-A508-584A8376733D.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 6F4EB148-FE7E-4C2D-BEFB-7CEDB76ADFA8.jpeg
    6F4EB148-FE7E-4C2D-BEFB-7CEDB76ADFA8.jpeg
    36.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Well, I had never heard of this person Gray Hughes, before this week. He is currently live on youtube, reading a supposed text/email exchange with a Vallow family member, who is basically confirming the affair with Chad and Lori, and the deaths were for the insurance money.

Not much there except Lori wishing each of her kids happy birthday. Based on those posts Lori has an older son and an older daughter in addition to the missing kids. Her daughter turned 27 in 2016-- which means Lori had her when she was around 16 years old herself. I wonder who is the father of her oldest daughter and if he is alive and well today...
I only just learned of this case when it hit Denver local news this evening. I’m starting the thread from the beginning and have a lot left to go but wanted to stop and thank @Gardener1850 and others who’ve done such a terrific job of uncovering info on the persons of interest.

Hoping the children are safe. I know the odds are against it but this is such as strange case they just may be hidden in a commune-like community just about anywhere.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for your patience. We are working to get people verified as soon as possible.

Let me add to what Colorado303 said and thank @Gardener1850 and the other members for all of their hard work. On this discussion and all over Websleuths.

We couldn't do it without you :)
Tricia

Well, if Mr. Bartholick's phones weren't wire tapped before, I'm sure they are now :D

Come on, this is easily solved. Produce proof the kids are alive and well. What does this moron mean they will address the "allegations" after they have moved from rumor and speculation? How much for serious do the allegations need to get?
Maybe they are waiting for the earthquake to happen first. The same earthquake Chad says has to happen before he’ll release his (already written) autobiography.

How many of her ex husbands are dead please? Three???
Also dead, the previous wife of one of her ex-husbands. A woman he was married to shortly before marrying Lori. Which makes two dead wives of her future husbands plus two dead ex husbands plus a dead brother and two missing kids. Did I miss anybody?

Also dead, the previous wife of one of her ex-husbands. A woman he was married to shortly before marrying Lori. Which makes two dead wives of her future husbands plus two dead ex husbands plus a dead brother and two missing kids. Did I miss anybody?

According to Gray's video reading, (not presenting as fact here, all theory / info by Gray) - iirc, Tricia allows Gray Hughes video discussions here on the threads. He has spoken/texted with Larry and another unidentified family member.

Melani, (Lori's niece) got divorced from Brandon Boudreux who was shot at from someone driving Tylee's car. And Melanie was also quickly remarried after the divorce from Brandon in November 2019. (same month Lori married Chad) She took off and Brandon has their 4 kids.

@ 29:10 on the video, "when her sister Stacey passed away in 1998 (who is Stacey? presuming he is talking about who's sister?) he, Alex Cox, was at home ordering pizza off her credit card, and was the only one with Stacey when he found her dead." (Is that who you were saying was an ex-wife of one of her ex-husbands?)

Alex Cox death December 12th was associated with foaming at the mouth Gray learned today. (e.g. Cyanide symptom poisoning? per Gray)

@30:00 and @ 38:05 Charles took Lori off his policies, 2 mil, and she was mad when she found out.
@38:10 Chad took out insurance policy on Tammy 9 months before her death.

To answer someone above that asked about marriages, per Gray on this youtube...
Lori married, right out of high school in 1992 to a man named Nelson (#1 Hubby). Divorced in a year, then met Colby's dad (#2) and married in 1994, and that lasted 3 years. Then met and married Joseph whoe died in Nov 2018 (#3) and had Tylee. That marriage lasted 3 years. They moved from Austin to Arizona in 2006. Next hubby was Charles, they separated, and few months later he was dead in July 2019. (#4) Then she married Chad in November 2019(#5).grayscreenshot.JPG

Last edited:
Per the GH show, Alex Cox died after foaming at the mouth and peeing on himself.
Also, per the show, Lori's oldest son CR is not the son of JR, but of a previous husband.
Here is what I found about foaming at the mouth:
It can be cause by drug overdose (various drugs include opoids, meth and others listed), seizures and rabies.
I am assuming he didn't die from rabies.
Foaming at the Mouth: Caused by Overdose, Seizures, and Rabies

Good morning fellow sleuthers. :)

Back on the original thread, we were discussing Alex dying after Chad and Lori were "long gone". Problem is, we don't know where they went or where they are.

The ME report is still pending on Alex. I'm quite interested in that one.

Good morning fellow sleuthers. :)

Back on the original thread, we were discussing Alex dying after Chad and Lori were "long gone". Problem is, we don't know where they went or where they are.

The ME report is still pending on Alex. I'm quite interested in that one.
They were gone somewhere (not long since my understanding they were gone since November 27 and Alex died on December 12). But exactly, we don't know where they have gone. Yea, hopefully with Alex autopsy was done right away and all the blood samples were collected right away. Alex supposedly died after foaming at the mouth and peeing all over. By the time of Alex death, police were already suspicious, so you would assume they didn't think that one was "natural causes."

Last edited:
They were gone somewhere (not long since my understanding they were gone since November 27 and Alex died on December 12). But exactly, we don't know where they have gone. Yea, hopefully with Alex autopsy was done right away and all the blood samples were collected right away. Alex supposedly died after foaming at the mouth and peeing all over.

Yeah, I'm reserving judgment on that foaming at the mouth and loss of bladder control. Depending on if that was a direct eye witness report. I don't have time to listen to these 2.5 hour GH videos. JMO.

I don't think at least some relatives of Charles (husband killed in supposed self-defense) believed the self-defense story, but police didn't seem to be interested. Just accepted it as self-defense, I guess, since no arrests were made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson