ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dateline NBC
@DatelineNBC

What do you make of Lori’s behavior after her husband’s death? #Dateline
9:41 PM · Feb 14, 2020
Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

In an e-mail to JJ's school, Lori told administrators that they were moving because she got a job ouf of state #Dateline
9:43 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Chad served as a missionary in a mostly spanish-speaking area in northern New Jersey from 1987 until 1989 #Dateline
9:49 PM · Feb 14, 2020
Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Investigators say Charles bought that Jeep for Tylee. And she drove it from Texas to Arizona by herself. #Dateline
10:00 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline NBC
@DatelineNBC

What do you make of Chad getting married again so soon after his wife’s death? #Dateline
10:04 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Tammy Daybell was buried in the Springville, Utah cemetery where Chad had worked as sexton. The same cemetery in which Chad later claimed he told a ghost named Eddie to stop picking locks and to go 'toward the light'. #Dateline
10:03 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

In a call with a dispatcher in Arizona, an Idaho detective said Chad's "family did not want an autopsy so they just went straight to the funeral home." #Dateline
10:11 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

No one seems to have any answers about when the results of Tammy's autopsy might be released #Dateline
10:12 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Bailey's trainer says Lori asked him to lie to Tylee about Bailey's disappearance. #Dateline
10:18 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Bailey is now with another loving family, servicing an 11 year old boy with autism. #Dateline
10:19 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline NBC
@DatelineNBC

Where do you think Tylee and JJ are? #Dateline

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Three weeks ago, JJ's family called the dog trainer, who says the family asked if they could reunite the boy and his dog 'when he comes back.' #Dateline

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Kay and Larry posted a $20K dollar reward for information leading directly to findin JJ and Tylee #Dateline
10:26 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

The court order is filed under seal, as is common in many family court proceedings #Dateline
10:39 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

SInce our encounter, they have been not only been spotted at church, but also at a grocery story and at Costco #Dateline
10:47 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

Lori unenrolled JJ from his elementary school on September 24, 2019. The school was then on break for the following week for the potato harvest #Dateline
10:52 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

One final HUGE shoutout to
@NateNewsNow
and
@ericgrossarth
of East Idaho News for their work on our behalf on this case #Dateline
10:53 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline NBC
@DatelineNBC

What do you make of the goings on at the storage unit? #Dateline
10:55 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer
@DatelineNBCProd

@dateline_keith
hopes to speak with Lori and Chad Daybell... Someday
10:58 PM · Feb 14, 2020

Dateline Producer on Twitter

Raw interview with Fremont County Sheriff on missing Idaho kids, JJ Valow and Tylee Ryan

•Feb 14, 2020

KTVB
9.08K subscribers
KTVB's Gretchen Parsons sits down with the Fremont County Sheriff about the investigation into Lori Vallow and the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan in this raw and uncut interview. Rexburg kids Tylee Ryan, 17, and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow have been missing since September 2019.

Raw interview with Rich Robertson, the P.I investigating the disappearance of Lori Vallow's kids

•Feb 14, 2020

KTVB

Rich Robertson was hired by Brandon Boudreaux in October 2019 after he was the target of a drive-by shooting. Brandon is the ex-husband of Lori Vallow's niece, Melani Boudreaux. This is the raw interview with Robertson about the case and what he thinks to JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.

15th Feb 2020

KPVI News: "Woodcock says authorities have shared with them why no arrest has been made but he says he cannot share that with the public at this time."

LW: "For the sake of those children we're going to give them our [confidence?]. We are not going to jeopardise this case in any way."

LW: "All I want to do is keep the media out there and find that one person that has seen these kids, who knows where these kids are and will say something."

LW: "I can tell you this from what I've been told, by some friends of ours, that the island is really getting tired of them."

Justin Lum Fox 10 Phoenix
86234887_1518846721611673_813617129717760000_o.jpg

Valentine’s Day. A day that meant so much to Charles Vallow. Kay Vallow Woodcock just shared something so personal with me. 2/14 was the wedding anniversary for Charles and Lori Vallow. Today would have been 14 years. Valentine’s Day 2019 — Kay watched Charles take his ring off with tears in his eyes. She says he told her “I can’t believe this is happening.” 2/14/20 — here we are. Charles isn’t. Photo courtesy: Kay Woodcock
-------------
Another Photo Justin Lum posted in the comments:
86280332_1519399091556436_9117242510207352832_n.jpg

-------------

NOTE: The actual marriage record from Clark County, NV says Lori and Charles married on Feb 24th. Search here for the record: Clark Records Search And Order System

Last edited:
Raw interview with Fremont County Sheriff on missing Idaho kids, JJ Valow and Tylee Ryan

•Feb 14, 2020

KTVB
9.08K subscribers
KTVB's Gretchen Parsons sits down with the Fremont County Sheriff about the investigation into Lori Vallow and the disappearance of JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan in this raw and uncut interview. Rexburg kids Tylee Ryan, 17, and 7-year-old Joshua “JJ” Vallow have been missing since September 2019.

Quoting this partial transcript from the Sheriff interview for the media thread (Thanks Onsdag!):

For reference this part of the interview starts at the 4:50 mark. Transcript as follows (BBM):

Q: And on social media there's been some kinda weird rumors about what's happened, one I saw like several times was about some sort of cult that they might be in, is there any type of, I don't know, any sort of truth to that?

A: Well I think there was an organization here that Chad Daybell was promoting or heading. I don't know a lot of details about it. I didn't know they existed here, but it has become apparent that he did have a significant following.

Q: And was it kinda like a doomsday type of thing, or the second coming, was something like that?

A: Yeah, along those lines. I don't know a lot of the details. I know that he was a publisher of a number of books along that topic.

Q: What would you say a pretty good following is?

A: I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say more than 10 and... I don't know... I have no way of knowing how many people there were, but I have been surprised by how many people did know him and followed his uh... teachings I guess would be the word I'd use.

Q: Huh. So he was I guess pretty known around Rexburg or the county?

A: I... I didn't... Like I said I didn't know him, but there were certainly a number of people in the area who did know him.

The *organization that demands to not be named or associated with Chad and Lori* does not match the sheriff's description as Chad was only a guest speaker/podcaster with them. However, there is another organization *cough*AVOW*cough* that is headquartered in the area *cough*Rigby*cough* that focuses on doomsday and second coming type of things, of which Chad has/had a prominent position wherein he can promote and/or control the narrative, thereby gaining a "significant following," which more perfectly matches the sheriff's description. MOO.

FWIW some corroborating evidence of Chad's involvement in this organization that is headquartered in Rigby may have been shared with a certain news/media outlet that also has a presence in that part of Idaho... ;):D:cool:

15 Feb 2020
5e474a4f77a70.image.png

“Why haven’t they been arrested?”

It’s the question on the minds of many as Lori Vallow and Chad Daybell spend their days at Hawaiian resorts on the sunny island of Kauai. On Thursday the couple was spotted at Costco casually picking up groceries. A photo taken by a fellow shopper shows Lori leaning on the grocery cart as Chad smiles at her.

Recently released photos of their wedding show the couple laughing near the ocean in Hawaii and Chad strumming a ukulele — just a couple weeks after his wife of 29 years died "in her sleep," according to Chad's account to law enforcement.

The beach visits, the errand running, the happy photos: all seem to have struck a nerve with the public. The story of Lori and Chad, their respective dead spouses, and her missing children has captivated the nation.

Read more: Why haven’t Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow been arrested?

15 Feb 2020

[...]

The Post Register looked to legal experts and past cases to try to figure out, should Tylee and J.J. remain unfound, what charges could Lori and Chad face in the future in a variety of possible scenarios and what evidence would police need to bring charges in those scenarios.

The disappearance of Tylee Ryan and J.J. Vallow:

Scenario 1: Chad and Lori were not actively responsible for the disappearance of Tylee and J.J., but they did not alert authorities when the children went missing.

Possible charges: Perjury for giving false information. Police say Vallow and Daybell “indicated (J.J) was staying with a family friend in Arizona.” Rexburg police said they investigated and did not find that to be true. According to Idaho law, this crime is considered a misdemeanor. There is no Idaho law requiring parents to alert authorities when children go missing.

Evidence police would need to charge Lori or Chad: Police likely have enough evidence to prove Lori provided false information concerning J.J.’s whereabouts.

Famous similar case: In a case that received national attention, Caylee Anthony’s mother, Casey Anthony, never reported her daughter missing. “Caylee’s Law,” which has been enacted in 10 states, makes it a felony for parents to fail to report their child as missing. Anthony was eventually acquitted of all charges except four misdemeanor counts of providing false information to law enforcement. Anthony was sentenced to one year and $1,000 for each misdemeanor count, for a total of four years in prison and $4,000 in fines. Caylee’s Law does not exist in Idaho.

Scenario 2: Lori and Chad have hidden the children.

Possible charges: Contempt of court

Evidence police would need to charge Lori or Chad: Police likely have enough evidence to prove contempt of court. On Jan. 25, law enforcement in Princeville, Hawaii, served Vallow with a court order demanding that she “physically produce Tylee and J.J. to the Idaho Department of Welfare in Rexburg, Idaho, or to the Rexburg Police within five days of being served with the order.” Vallow did not comply with that order and could now be found by a Madison County judge to be in contempt of court. Per Idaho law, a misdemeanor for contempt carries a penalty of an up to $5,000 fine, a maximum of five days in jail, or both.

Famous similar case: In Baltimore City Department of Social Services v. Bouknight, Jacqueline L. Bouknight, of Baltimore, was ordered to produce her child in court. She claimed to have left her son with a friend but would not reveal anything more. In a case that went all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, Bouknight claimed that forcing her to disclose her son’s location violated her Fifth Amendment right not to self-incriminate. The Supreme Court ruled the Fifth Amendment does not “protect a custodian from refusing to produce his or her child pursuant to a court order.” Despite this ruling, Bouknight refused to produce her son. A Baltimore judge continued to find Bouknight in contempt of court for seven years; she spent those seven years in jail. After that, she was released and has never been convicted for further charges regarding her son. Her son has never been seen since.

Scenario 3: Chad and/or Lori are responsible for the death of Tylee and J.J., but police cannot find their bodies.

Possible charges: Murder

Evidence: According to Thomas A. DiBiase, a former federal homicide prosecutor and expert on "no body" murder cases, in cases when there is no body but police believe a murder was convicted, evidence is most likely to come from forensic evidence such as blood, hair, or fingerprints, confessions to family or friends, or confessions to police. When none of those are available, Alton D. Kenney an attorney and former prosecutor who has gotten convictions on two "no body" cases, said it is possible to prove victims are dead through what he calls “negative inference.” This involves proving all expected normal routines are not being met. For example, a teenager may suddenly stop all social media activity, stop speaking to all friends and relatives, stop continuing to pursue life milestones such as getting a driver’s license or applying for a job. These negative inferences may convince a jury that a missing individual has died. Then, the court can prove someone is responsible for that death. According to Kenney, however, cases involving negative inference take a long time to prove and police may wait a full year before bringing charges.

Famous similar case: More than 50 people have been convicted of murder without a body being found. However, when police lack forensic evidence or a confession, it becomes more difficult. When Susan Powell went missing in 2009, her husband Josh Powell claimed she had abandoned the family. Despite a mountain of strange circumstances surrounding Josh, he was never charged with her murder. In 2012, Josh killed himself and his two sons. Since Susan’s body has never been recovered, she has still not been declared dead.

Charges involving the deaths of Charles Vallow, Tammy Daybell, or Alex Cox: All three deaths are still under investigation. Authorities are still waiting on autopsy results for Tammy Daybell and Cox. The lack of charges may mean authorities have not found evidence as of yet to prove Chad or Lori were involved. Autopsy results may provide more information.

Read more: Why haven’t Chad and Lori been arrested?

Indiana woman believes she saw missing Rexburg teen Tylee Ryan

15 Feb 2020

An Indiana woman strongly believes she saw missing Rexburg teen Tylee Ryan at a concert in Nashville, Tennessee, in late December.

“Either it was her or her twin,” said Sarah Elrod-Ausbrook, who was able to interact with the girl who was sitting at her same table during a pre-concert dinner.

But whether or not it was Tylee — a 17-year-old who, along with her 7-year-old brother, Joshua “JJ” Vallow, have been missing since September — Elrod-Ausbrook believes authorities need to establish the girl’s identity and make sure she’s OK based on some suspicious things that happened that night.

[...]

Elrod-Ausbrook reported the possible sighting to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children on Dec. 24.

She later learned that the other two couples that had been sitting at their table also saw the photo of Tylee on social media, believed it to be Amy, and contacted the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Elrod-Ausbrook noted that none of them spoke to each other before doing so.

Elrod-Ausbrook also contacted Rexburg police on Dec. 28, but she says neither the police nor the national missing children's group called her back to get more details. No one called back the other couples either, she said.

Frustrated and worried about the girl, Elrod-Ausbrook finally posted a note asking for help on the Missing Juveniles & Adults in Idaho Facebook page on Jan. 7.

“I have called two different numbers and no (one) from law enforcement has been back in contact with me or my husband,” she stated in her post. “So what are we assuming about these children. This has been upsetting to both myself and husband.”

Following her post, a relative of Tylee’s contacted her and asked her to call the FBI. Elrod-Ausbrook did just that, reporting the possible sighting of Tylee to the FBI on Jan. 30. Elrod-Ausbrook said the FBI did call her back a couple of days later.

“It felt like a wave of relief,” Elrod-Ausbrook said. “I think that’s because somebody was listening.”

Read more: Indiana woman believes she saw missing Rexburg teen Tylee Ryan

BBM

Friend of Chad Daybell blames Lori Vallow's extreme religious beliefs for the disappearance of her kids

15 Feb 2020

[...]

In the two-hour special, Morrison spoke with one of Chad Daybell's old missionary friends, Benjamin Hyde. He told 'Dateline' that he blames the disappearance of JJ and Tylee on the couple's extreme religious beliefs which focus on a looming doomsday that is predicted to happen this summer.

"I mean imagine what you would do if you had a god speak to you would start feeling a little bit empowered and it looks like that is exactly what happened," he said.

[...]

"It's like why would you stay in this mess of reality if the next life is better," Hyde told 'Dateline'. "That's why I am really afraid for Lori's kids, I would like to think that they are on some kind of compound in a bunker somewhere hunkered down safe but it doesn't look that way does it?"

Friend of Chad Daybell blames Lori Vallow's extreme religious beliefs for the disappearance of her kids

The Hawaiian resort that Lori Vallow & Chad Daybell stayed at as the nation asked where her kids are

•Feb 16, 2020

KTVB

In January, KTVB's Shirah Matsuzawa was at the Hawaiian resort that Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow stayed at and ignored a judge's order to produce her kids, JJ Vallow and Tylee Ryan.

BBM: Note the video above was made in January and is not new info but it was just posted to KTVB's youtube today. The date that Lori and Chad checked out of the Marriott and were possibly heading to the beach or pool is Jan 28th, 2020 and the search warrants referred to are the ones from January 26th, 2020, not new warrants.

JJ Vallow’s grandparents speak out on his adopted mother

16 Feb 2020

[...]

"She believes it, that she is a translated being and she's been here on earth, I think, 4 times as different ... over the last 2000 years, says Kay and Larry.

They go on to say “In their minds, the end is going to be July 22nd, 2020. That is when the second coming of Christ will be happening. According to them, and they are in charge of getting the 144,000 people that will be left on Earth to start the world all over again is how I believe how they say it."
Vallow and Daybell are still in Hawaii after she failed to comply with a court-order to produce her children by Jan. 30.
The next hearing is scheduled for March 4th.

JJ Vallow's grandparents speak out on his adopted mother - Local News 8

BBM.

Bringing the announcement of our latest VI over to the media thread for reference:

Hey Everyone,

Please welcome our newest verified member of Websleuths, Randocalrissian.

Randocalrissian has been able to verify that he is a family friend of Chad and Tammy Daybell. Short of hiring a private detective to search through his garbage, I feel Randocalrissian is 100 percent legit and is truthful in what he is telling us about the Daybells.

Please remember you are allowed to ask verified members questions but if you disagree or don't feel the verified member is being truthful you must simply scroll past. You are not allowed to argue or be disrespectful to verified members.

In return, Randocalrissian will be providing us with an inside look into the people involved in this case in ways no one else can.

Verified members are allowed to post statements as facts without a link to mainstream media or law enforcement outlets. It is up to you to believe our verified members or not. There is no reason to think Randocalrissian is not being truthful. Just the opposite. I found our newest verified member to be a delightful person who is very sincere.

Thank you all for continuing to keep this discussion lively, to say the least :)

Still hoping and praying the kids are alive.

Thank you,
Tricia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members