Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Idaho code 18-401 states that child desertion shall be punishable with a fine of $500 or a sentence not exceeding 14 years in prison, or both. I am concerned she can weasel her way out of a prison sentence. However, seeing that there is no proof of child safety that we know of, I do feel good that this won't be the route they'll take.

I think it's a spectrum. The $500 is for like, abandoning them for several hours somewhere safe like a store or leaving them home alone for the weekend, etc. 14 years is for situations like this where they've been missing for months & you didn't file a missing persons report yet won't tell anyone where they are.

I’m curious about LV and CD island hopping these last few days. Any thoughts as to what they were doing?

I think it's a spectrum. The $500 is for like, abandoning them for several hours somewhere safe like a store or leaving them home alone for the weekend, etc. 14 years is for situations like this where they've been missing for months & you didn't file a missing persons report yet won't tell anyone where they are.

This is what I'm hoping. However if there is no actual evidence they are in harm's way, I'm worried they can't do anything. Let's hope they have some substantial evidence we don't know about.

Just got back from dinner to read the exciting news!! Need a better emoji than this, but this will have to suffice :) Also, I have 10 million questions - lol - I'm sure we all do. Mine right now are:

How is bail already set for Lori?

Chad has been "detained...?" What is happening there?

Selfishly, I want to see photos/video of all of it.

Why today, did something specific happen? Were they planning to flee the country?

What specific evidence do they have?

Looking forward to reading and catching up on all the other comments! And I really hope this leads to finding these precious children.

This is what I'm hoping. However if there is no actual evidence they are in harm's way, I'm worried they can't do anything. Let's hope they have some substantial evidence we don't know about.

The state put the burden of proving they are safe on her, but she did not comply. Therefore, the conclusion must be that they are not safe.

No freshly squeezed antioxidant rich juice for breakfast!

Haha. When I first read this post my eye caught @funeralpotatoes name in the likes and I thought your post said "No funeral potatoes for breakfast!" That made me giggle. :p
No juice AND no potatoes. :D
(Although they will be going back to Idaho, the land of potatoes, I hope).

I don’t think the kids are alive, and don’t see her talking for that reason.

Whatever she says can only hurt her at this point.
Yep, and with her brother gone there is likely nobody more culpable to send down the river to make a dent in her sentence. If she keeps on believing the world is ending soon - she just needs to make bail and drag her feet. I would be shocked for her to say a word anytime soon. At least she will be a pariah wherever she goes now.

My best guess would be she hooks some poor shlub into making her bail and she tries to flee the country...particularly if she wakes up to the fact the world is not ending come July. I predict a runner!

Interesting thoughts. Obviously, I don't think storage of the phone was the only reason for the storage unit. They were keeping a lot more than a phone or tablet there. It might have simply been convenient to retrieve the phone at that time. And my thinking is that if they were using the phone like a burner phone they might only have possession of it while needing to communicate about certain activities. Take Oct 6th through Oct 16 as an example. I'll put my speculation/hypotheticals in red:

Snipped to reduce clutter.
I understand. Yeah, that does make sense and explains the delays in putting the phone back, too. I'd really love to know if that phone still had service and/or it's SIM card still installed, especially by the time LE got their hands on it. I do think it would be very strange, though, to hang on to the phone and not just go buy a burner that had no names connected to it. I wonder if that's the phone that had the school account on it. And I especially wonder if she IS flaky about passwords - or didn't know Tylee's, and Tylee wasn't around to ask - so she had to leave apps logged in on the phone, and couldn't easily switch those to a burner.

I’m curious about LV and CD island hopping these last few days. Any thoughts as to what they were doing?

They had a lot of luggage for only two nights. I think they were either planning to move to Maui, but quickly realized the heat there was just as bad when people started taking photos through the Hertz window. Or, they planned to leave Hawaii via Maui but realized they had nowhere to hide when police followed them to the gate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur