Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a divorced Mormon. Went through a temple divorcement. Got remarried to a wonderful person and sealed forever. A divorced Mormon woman is definitely not frowned upon anymore in Mormon culture, at least not like it used to be. The assumptions are usually that her husband went off the deep end, left the church, or abused the wife/kids. Though it really could be because the wife went nuts, but people don't assume that because if the woman is going to church and serving in the temple, people assume she did nothing wrong and the man was at fault for the divorce. A divorced Mormon man, however, tends to get a more suspicious looks. But not for very long because there are plenty of active Mormon divorced women dying to get remarried. So an active divorced Mormon guy stays single only for as long as he wants to. At least that's my experience.

Mind you, this has nothing to do with actual doctrine from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Just the imperfect, human members who really aren't much different than non-members. They see a divorced woman at church and wonder what her ex-husband did wrong. They see a divorced man at church and wonder what he did wrong.

So how does this relate to Lori? I guess that she's always proven to be a great manhunter when she's single ... and perhaps while she's still married too! MOO
Thank you for your wisdom on this phenomenon. As stated earlier, even though I have Mormon relatives, i jus realize i understand so little. On one hand it is just the nature of the beast in all of society. I always think to myself, or maybe say outloud!, that when a man is getting divorced, he will be reconnected with some woman within 6 months. (eg. my best friend's father , who is 96, now has a new woman sharing his bed, less than one year after his 70+ year wife died). But a woman??? nada. But the issue still begs the question.... Can Mormon women feel proud and ok with themselves if they stay single. I have so many (to be clear--- non-mormon) friends who are divorced and or widowed (like myself) who feel fine with being themselves, as single. Having researched many of Lori's husbands and where they ended up, why does Lori just HAVE to be married to be normal/respected/accepted/ ok with her life.

She’s sitting in jail **right now**. That should wipe that smug smirk off her face.

If the kids are alive, she’ll talk. If not .. who knows.

MOO
I don’t think the kids are alive, and don’t see her talking for that reason.

Whatever she says can only hurt her at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom