Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see if this long rambling post I was typing as we were moving works or not. :)

I've been through at the south entrance at least once in the last few years (last year) where I came in at West Yellowstone then circled around and came out through the south and through Teton Park to Jackson. As I remember it I think you're right. I think they charged me an amount without any questions when I entered and I don't remember having to stop at the exit (south) from Yellowstone or the entrance to Teton. In contrast I had another trip 6 or 7 years ago where I came in at West Yellowstone and specifically remember them asking me if I was going to both parks and being told that Yellowstone alone was X and if I was going to both it was Y, but that was cheaper than the individual entrances to both. That trip when I left via the south entrance I had to show them my receipt to get into Teton.

But I'm not sure any of this matters. The infrastructure for the entrances and exits still exist, even if they aren't manned by money collectors. If they have cameras there I'd expect they would still be there and while possibly more prone to issues (not getting as much attention or maintenance, maybe) still getting the video captures they were before, I'd think.

MOO

ETA: Wanted to add that your first line was premonition. :)
Are there car rental places close?

His parents are not named in MSM so we can't name them here. All we know from grandma Kay's interviews is that JJ was born premature (weighed 2lbs 14 oz at birth) and his birth parents had drugs issues and could not take care of him due to JJ's medical needs. JJ's bio father is Kay and Larry's son. I believe that Kay and Larry took custody of JJ and took care of him from his birth up to around 9 or 10 months when Kay's brother Charles (and wife Lori) offered to adopt JJ.
Kay and Larry got him right from the hospital. Charles asked to adopt JJ, because he loved children and that was going to be his and Lori's child together. I am not sure if Charles knew yet that JJ was special needs, because most autism cases are diagnosed later than 9-10 months. But considering drug issues with both biological parents, some special needs might have been expected from the start.

Kay and Larry got him right from the hospital. Charles asked to adopt JJ, because he loved children and that was going to be his and Lori's child together. I am not sure if Charles knew yet that JJ was special needs, because most autism cases are diagnosed later than 9-10 months. But considering drug issues with both biological parents, some special needs might have been expected from the start.
The more that comes out on Charles - the more that I really like him. How the heck did he get mixed up with Lori?

The more that comes out on Charles - the more that I really like him. How the heck did he get mixed up with Lori?
Same way the other four husbands did, I am assuming. It doesn't seem a problem for Lori to attract men. I agree, Charles seems like he was a very nice generous guy. Even Lori's extended family members thought so. He was paying a lot of their bills.

To where? Why? :)

The northwest entrance is literally on the edge of the town of West Yellowstone. They don't have an airport, at least I don't think they have one where airlines, even commuter airlines, provide service. That said, I'd guess they do have some rental car companies with locations in town.

As for the south entrance, the nearest rental car possibilities I can think of would be at the Jackson airport (north of town) or in Jackson itself. That's a bit over 60 miles from the south entrance to Yellowstone, but just a few (5 or 10?) from the south entrance of Grand Teton.

Same way the other four husbands did, I am assuming. It doesn't seem a problem for Lori to attract men. I agree, Charles seems like he was a very nice generous guy. Even Lori's extended family members thought so. He was paying a lot of their bills.
Doesn't seem to have a problem disposing of them either. IMO

That's why Lori's attorney called the 5 million bail something along the lines of "essentially no different than not granting bail" in his argument. And he was correct in that regard. Of course the 10K bail he suggested, given the circumstances and history of the case thus far, might be termed "the same as telling her to go ahead and run, it's no big deal."
Lol true. And if you listen carefully, it sounds as though her attorney thought what he was asking was ludicrous (the $10k), but had to ask because that’s his job as her attorney.

As a side note, I looked up Jodi Arias since others have mentioned her here and I had never heard of her (yes, I was living under a rock during that time apparently). She had several attorneys try to step down from her case. I wonder if we’ll see the same thing with Lori once she gets back to Rexburg. :cool:;)

We'll see if this long rambling post I was typing as we were moving works or not. :)

I've been through at the south entrance at least once in the last few years (last year) where I came in at West Yellowstone then circled around and came out through the south and through Teton Park to Jackson. As I remember it I think you're right. I think they charged me an amount without any questions when I entered and I don't remember having to stop at the exit (south) from Yellowstone or the entrance to Teton. In contrast I had another trip 6 or 7 years ago where I came in at West Yellowstone and specifically remember them asking me if I was going to both parks and being told that Yellowstone alone was X and if I was going to both it was Y, but that was cheaper than the individual entrances to both. That trip when I left via the south entrance I had to show them my receipt to get into Teton.

But I'm not sure any of this matters. The infrastructure for the entrances and exits still exist, even if they aren't manned by money collectors. If they have cameras there I'd expect they would still be there and while possibly more prone to issues (not getting as much attention or maintenance, maybe) still getting the video captures they were before, I'd think.

MOO

ETA: Wanted to add that your first line was premonition. :)

The northwest entrance is literally on the edge of the town of West Yellowstone. They don't have an airport, at least I don't think they have one where airlines, even commuter airlines, provide service. That said, I'd guess they do have some rental car companies with locations in town.

As for the south entrance, the nearest rental car possibilities I can think of would be at the Jackson airport (north of town) or in Jackson itself. That's a bit over 60 miles from the south entrance to Yellowstone, but just a few (5 or 10?) from the south entrance of Grand Teton.
I don't know really, but maybe Alex and Tylee could have left from there in a car, while Lori and JJ went home. She could have told JJ they went somewhere else, and Alex could have gone anywhere from there.

Mods not sure if this allowed so please delete if not, but I thought it was interesting to find the dates a descriptions of the podcasts and how the align with some of the timeline events. For example sep 7.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200222-111841_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-111841_Samsung Internet.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Screenshot_20200222-111835_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-111835_Samsung Internet.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 251
  • Screenshot_20200222-111825_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-111825_Samsung Internet.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 236
  • Screenshot_20200222-111816_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-111816_Samsung Internet.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 229
  • Screenshot_20200222-111849_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-111849_Samsung Internet.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 175
You're right. To a point it can make great sense for many reasons. Even if you don't think we're nearing the end of the world there are all kinds of reasons why being prepared in this way can make sense and the Mormon teachings on this that I remember touched on all of those as the rationale. But as with many things, it can become an obsession that goes way beyond what is reasonable, logical, or defensible. (Maybe an off the grid hideaway with solar and such for someone who isn't wealthy and can't afford it.)

Absolutely. One of my friends calls online genealogy "video poker for Mormons." It will never fail to crack me up, but it also will never fail to be true how easy it is to let anything get to extremes. (Websleuths *cough cough*).

Agree. I think Charles and Lori knew somewhat what they were getting into (even if he might not have had an autism diagnosis) and it should also be pointed out that Charles had greater financial resources to help JJ than the average adoptive parents through foster care have. Kay talks about believing that Charles (and Lori) could take better care of JJ and give him all he needed. And Charles did do everything he possible could-- JJ was in special private schools, they hired nannies for him, he had an i-pad with expensive special software on it, got a $7000 service dog, had medication he needed, etc. He had every advantage possible given to him by Charles. And JJ was reportedly very smart and thriving up until the point when Lori went crazy out in Jan/feb 2019 and removed all of JJ's means of support (hiding his medication, clothes, i-pad, Bailey's collar, and sabotaging Charles etc). This makes the case all the more tragic IMO. He had a rough start at life but a great opportunity to overcome the medical conditions life dealt him with his loving and well off family. Nothing bad ever had to happen to JJ. Lori could have walked away without harming JJ. She could have accepted the divorce and Charles would very likely still be alive and taking care of JJ. And Lori wouldn't be in jail right now on charges of abandoning her kids. It's all so senseless (what Lori has done) that it makes me angry. :mad:

MOO.

I don't think Chad has any incentive to talk. I mean, his wife of 30 years very conveniently died, leaving Chad free to marry Lori and a decent amount of life insurance. If Tammy's death wasn't exactly natural, Chad could be looking at a very long prison sentence. Who knows what Lori knows about that.

Hmm...I wonder if she knows something about CD allegedly killing TD or having her killed & knows where there is evidence and she'll use it in a plea once back in ID. MOO

I don't know really, but maybe Alex and Tylee could have left from there in a car, while Lori and JJ went home. She could have told JJ they went somewhere else, and Alex could have gone anywhere from there.

Oh. The police haven't said whether they have photos of anyone leaving Yellowstone or not, but you're thinking they got a rental car somewhere after they entered Yellowstone for Alex and Tylee to take? I just checked and the only car rentals Google maps comes up with are one in West Yellowstone and several in the Jackson area with one of them right by the airport. I'm having a hard time with the scenario to make this work unless they got the car in West Yellowstone after leaving the park and then Alex did whatever with Tylee while Lori and JJ headed for home. I'd think it would have had to have seemed strange, whatever the explanation, to Tylee, if that is what went down.

West Yellowstone does have an airport. It's open and has commercial service during the tourist season (usually June to September). There used to be an air taxi service but I don't think that's been in business for several years (friend of my brother's worked for them). Pretty sure the current commercial flights are through Delta Connection and connect from...wait for it...Salt Lake City.

There is or used to be an Avis that operates all year to serve the snowmobile and hunting crowd and I'm pretty sure Budget is there in the summer.

And there are shuttles and bus service to Bozeman, and the Bozeman airport as well.

Mods not sure if this allowed so please delete if not, but I thought it was interesting to find the dates a descriptions of the podcasts and how the align with some of the timeline events. For example sep 7.
Were these things streamed live? Or is that a release date that might have been recorded days or weeks previous?

I’ve only been following this case for a couple of days, so forgive me if this question has been covered a million times :p but when was the fight between Lori and Alex? After watching the first half of the Dateline special, in which Lori’s Hawaii friend says she claimed to be expecting a phone call any day to say Charles was dead, I wondered if maybe Alex was supposed to have taken care of that while Lori was in Hawaii and she was mad that he screwed up the plan.

Oh. The police haven't said whether they have photos of anyone leaving Yellowstone or not, but you're thinking they got a rental car somewhere after they entered Yellowstone for Alex and Tylee to take? I just checked and the only car rentals Google maps comes up with are one in West Yellowstone and several in the Jackson area with one of them right by the airport. I'm having a hard time with the scenario to make this work unless they got the car in West Yellowstone after leaving the park and then Alex did whatever with Tylee while Lori and JJ headed for home. I'd think it would have had to have seemed strange, whatever the explanation, to Tylee, if that is what went down.

If that's the scenario, the most workable thing would be for her to get on a bus from West Yellowstone to Bozeman. Karst Stage has been running since the statecoach days, and there are several newer businesses that run shuttles to the airport or on-demand service to Big Sky or other areas.

I just found this report that says police have talked with MB the niece, and the court documents filed in the divorce with that couple allege that MB knows where the kids are. It also alleges that MB said that "sometimes children are full of light and then they just go dark."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj