Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda feel like Chad was a bomb just waiting to go off. I think he was a control freak based on some of his visions and writings regarding Tammy. He had that vision they should move to Rexburg, but he had to convince Tammy. Then there was another instance where Tammy was playing a game called Frontierville and Chad forced her to quit playing to game, because if IRC he wanted Tammy to resume genealogy. His attitude about her diversion game, really bothered me.

I joke that Chad had no real sex life. (Well, he had sex 5 times).

However, something wasn't right with him. We have seen this kind of behavior in other husbands.
I just finished reading Chads cemetery book, Chad was a huge jerk. I had no idea. MOO

Neither will be arrested for a death-penalty charge while in Hawaii, imo, unless there are assurances to take the death penalty off the table. I'm thinking Chad will never leave Hawaii, or at least never travel to a death-penalty state where he could be arrested and sent to Idaho to face charges.

jmo
Just curious. If someone is charged with a federal crime do states still have control as to whether or not they can be extradited?

ETA: Also, I assume it’s fair game to extradite someone on a non DP/LIP charge and when they arrive hammer them w/an additional charge that can be punishable w/the death penalty. No?

No.... we have a verified member on this thread that knew Chad and states that he has NOT been excommunicated. Many people have also added that this would not be made public, and the Church would never comment.

And having even a minimal clue about the process (where I'd consider myself) the timing of everything makes it virtually impossible for them to have gone through the process because Chad was definitely not excommunicated and then he was gone. In the scheme of things it really doesn't matter either way, but it is hard to conceive of any way the excommunication could have happened.

Last edited:
I believe Lori kept Tylee's phone to communicate with Colby pretending to be Tylee so he wouldn't get too suspicious.

Agree, a just turned (if she survived her birthday) 17 year old sending money to an adult sibling - is strange..no? Why would a child send an adult male money, even though family..?

I don't believe Tylee would be a problem if it wasn't for JJ. But then again, did Lori really think that Colby would never ask about JJ ever again either? And then, there's JJ's family on his paternal side that cared about him and loved thim. They wouldn't just stop trying to see him or talk to him. Tylee had to go because she would be the first one asking questions about JJ. Lying to a 17-year-old is way harder than lying to a 7-year-old.
I think Tylee was a problem because she witnessed CV’s murder. JJ was a problem because he would ask about Tylee. Plus, LV thought JJ was a nuisance, and she was spitting mad that Kay got CV’s life insurance. Disappearing JJ was a way to hurt Kay back x 100.

JMO

Assuming Tylee was no longer with them after Sept 8th, I wonder why they kept JJ for a few more weeks? Bargaining with the grandparents for some of the insurance $$?

I would think for some social security disability insurance due to JJ's autism (if one gets $ for that), I don't know? Or JJ's death benefits from Charles..

Both unsuccessfully. IIRC neither took the stand, the defense cases were minimal, and they could only hint at SODDI during cross of prosecution witnesses. (Well, Sievers was a bit more because Wayne testified.).

In this case, if her defense eventually is to say Alex hid them or took them without her knowing, those assertions would need some sort of direct evidence. It would be very difficult/impossible to get to "she didn't know" otherwise.

So, I guess I'm saying there's no way such a defense could be explicitly built out and succeed without Lori testifying.

IMO IANAL etc

Yes - but in this case it is significantly more difficult without any direct testimony

LV is the custodial parent of the kids. She has to know if suddenly they are not around anymore. She raised no alarms. This makes her a party to the crime.

And where will the evidence "that Alex did it" come from, unless LV produces stuff she knows was used in the murders? or the bodies?

I get that it is an interesting idea, but IMO the practicalness of "blame Alex" are way more difficult compared to McStay, unless LV testifies and makes herself a party
I agree - I was only responding to the assertion that the defendant has to take the stand to make that claim, but if it was meant as a 'she'll have to or it won't even pass the smell test' then I'm definitely with you.

True. Alex was raised in same atmosphere as Lori... So maybe there's something about the C family that would make for great psych evaluation. I'm certainly not suggesting there's a mental "excuse" (imo there is not!), but I'd love a peek behind this family veil.

I'm just as interested in an evaluation of Chad's family.

I agree he has delusions of grandeur. IMO he’s also more than a little nuts, ridiculously impressionable, easily manipulated and his moral compass has gone kaplooey .

And she’s pure evil.

Yes, Chad wrote, said and believes really wacky stuff. But he was married to one woman for 30 years, established in his community, with no trail of dead bodies in his wake (until Tammy). And all his kids are accounted for.

Compared to Lori, who’d been married 4 times before Chad, had two soon to be ex-husbands suspiciously die, remarkably timed when she would still inherit their assets and collect life insurance (or so she thought). One husband documented she she wanted to kill him, she admitted she’d lie that the other was abusive just to win custody. Has a history of bouncing around like a geographic pinball between hither and yon. Then disappeared for months causing her son’s school to contact CPS. Came back in time to raid hubby’s business account before watching him being shot by her brother, then giggled with police and threw a pool party hours later. Texted her stepsons their Dad had died, lied about the cause of death and went ballistic 4 days later after learning she wasn’t getting his life insurance. A couple months later two of her three kids vanished from the face of the earth. What did I miss?

I imagine a deluded person who believes his own wacky stuff would be an easy mark mid-life for a manipulative, beautiful blonde that seemingly fawns on his every word. Eagerly swallowing whatever combination of fabricated “visions” and improbable lies she feeds him.

On some level the truth must be dawning on Chad. But the implications of admitting he’s been duped, even to himself, must be paralyzing. Rationalization might be his psyche’s only defense.

Yes, it’s hard to imagine he would want to believe her despite all evidence. But that believe would be the only thing keeping him from seeing the shambles he’s made of his entire life.

It sounds impossible. But lots of us are holding out hope the kids will be found safe despite only evidence to contrary. And our stakes aren’t nearly as high.

No doubt Chad has a lot to answer for, and I trust he’ll pay in all sorts of ways. At very least he aided/abetted after the fact, lied to LE and ignored all reason. Quite possibly he murdered his wife. Either way, he should pay dearly! But IMO there’s a reasonable chance he got into this mess because he’s the biggest buffoon on the planet.

I’m of the opposite opinion. I think much of what was stated in Charles divorce papers about Lori’s statements and frame of mind originated with Chad. I think he developed an obsession with having Lori and she happily went along with his ideas because she was profoundly unhappy with the life she had.

Lori is a manipulative sociopath but she doesn’t strike me as a very bright one. Chad planted the seeds and she took off running with it because it gave her a means of escape and a new life in a tropical paradise free of responsibility.

Both have their strengths within their relationship but Chad was the instigator. I think he still obsessed with her. We’ll see how long that lasts under unrelenting pressure. MOO

IDK if the 144K has been discussed. It's not something LV made up. (just for those that do not know or are interested) 144,000 - Wikipedia

Add: If I understand, the Mormons believe they are descended from one of the Tribes of Israel, which would mean (imo) that there would only be 12,000 for them if that makes sense.

I was raised a Mormon and attended for around a year (as an adult) before I excommunicated myself. I had never heard that Mormons believe in the 144K thing. Interesting! I knew they believed they are descended from the Tribes. When a worthy Mormon receives a Patriarchal Blessing the Patriarch tells you which tribe you are from.

And having even a minimal clue about the process (where I'd consider myself) the timing of everything makes it virtually impossible for them to have gone through the process because Chad was definitely not excommunicated and then he was gone. In the over scheme of things it really doesn't matter either way, but it is hard to conceive of any way the excommunication could have happened.

In my experience with Mormonism, when one moves into a new ward the Bishop wants to give you a calling. If a person does not have his/her records sent to the new ward the person cannot be given a calling. Maybe Chad Daybell did not want a calling.??

I just finished reading Chads cemetery book, Chad was a huge jerk. I had no idea. MOO
How many stories did you find referring to his high school dates in the book? I knew he was likely not who others thought when I read about him discussing his multiple dates there. Call me loyal but you don’t discuss (brag about) that when you’re married.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm