Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you got confused regarding the location. Both of those were discussed at the same time, but Cave Falls was ruled out because going there would not have involved going through an entry into the part that would have have cameras for LE to have been able to get the picture they got of them entering the park. I mentioned Mesa Falls which is outside of Yellowstone Park, but in the context of being nearby and where the picture of Chad and Tammy that has been used by many media outlets was taken.

Edit: Or maybe I'm confused. Both these places came up in the discussion of the picture of Tylee. I'm not sure who you're talking about here.
Why do you think LE has not released the iCloud photo of Tylee at Yellowstone? Wouldn’t it help jog the memory of people visiting the park that day?

Forgive me if I missed new posts about this, I have a few pages of catching up to do.

The Risperidone bottle they found (in November, if I'm remembering right) was last filled in January of 2019, correct? And there were 17 left? If so, whether he was prescribed one at night for sleep (and even and additional dose as needed) for a month or three months, could this mean he wasn't regularly getting his medicine for most of 2019? It's hard to figure out with them moving, and with Charles being in his life for the first half of the year (who likely gave him his medication appropriately/as prescribed.)

My brains are a bit fried from my online studies and trying to keep up with the thread. Could someone kindly help me figure this out? or if it's even possible to figure out with what info we have?

Unfortunately, we don't have enough information. Only that the prescription wasn't refilled in Idaho, but that leaves AZ, Texas, HI and any other state Lori or Charles (prior to his death) visited since Jan 2019.

Did you read the whole statement? I am surprised that the babysitter even wanted to come back. I couldn't copy it but it is linked in the article.
ha ha ha!!! my exact thought as well... and she actually called back after Halloween too!!!

Why do you think LE has not released the iCloud photo of Tylee at Yellowstone? Wouldn’t it help jog the memory of people visiting the park that day?

I agree on the helping jog people's memory, but maybe LE wants to investigate it first without John Q Public hopping on their snowmobile to get involved?

I suspect that this information was only gained after the January search warrants were executed which would mean that LE hasn't had that much time to work with what they found. (Please correct me if it is possible that they would have found these photos during the course of the welfare check investigation started in Nov).

But this case is so convoluted that nothing would surprise me at this point.
RSBM

I do not believe these theories but I took your statement as a challenge. I have a couple of surprise endings.

1) As someone mentioned (sorry, couldn't find it in the barrage of posts this morning), game theory. The disappearance has been orchestrated by an anti-government movement to show that LE & Guva'mint overstep individual and family rights afforded by their view of the Constitution. This case gives them their day in court and in the court of public perception when they bring smiling JJ and TR out in front of the cameras at the courthouse. Suspend our disbelief and (I can't say this enough, I do not believe this) say TD had a heart attack, CV was really killed in self-defense, and AC had a pulmonary embolism due to sitting all the time driving a truck. I am leaving a few felonies off the list, but you get the point. The people in the center of the cult become Libertarian heroes and get rich when they open a theme park, Prepper World.

2) The world ends on July 20 of this year.

Either of those would surprise the heck out of me.

Ok thanks. I've now read the whole statement by the nanny but it is watermarked and I cannot copy it. It mentions the female friend arriving and it is regarding a podcast the nanny says. So I am wondering if this is the woman seen on the neighbor doorbell footage perhaps.

I don't believe the dates match up. The Nanny was in Sept and the doorbell was Nov. The open question is, is the person Lori went to get at the airport (fellow podcaster) MG. If so, when did she return to AZ. In Dec MG told LE that she had not seen JJ in months. Which would seem to make sense with these sets of assumptions.

I just keep getting the feeling Lori lies to Chad like she does to everyone else... He didn't really get to know her either but it seems he is getting caught up. He must be disgusted if not in on all of it. I predict a break in their relationship at some point, but he has Tammy I hanging over his head so that might keep him clammed up.
I really disagree here. Authors know how to weave stories, and, in this case I feel so certain that the two of them were living out the chapters on how not get caught with a crime. And face it, if it wasn't for KW, who knows how long it would have taken to get this addressed... Chad and Lori would have been much further into their plans. KWs calling police and then Alex's death are, to me, the keys to "what went wrong" with their plan.

I agree on the helping jog people's memory, but maybe LE wants to investigate it first without John Q Public hopping on their snowmobile to get involved?

I suspect that this information was only gained after the January search warrants were executed which would mean that LE hasn't had that much time to work with what they found. (Please correct me if it is possible that they would have found these photos during the course of the welfare check investigation started in Nov).
You are probably right about January, but I wonder, do you need the physical phone to check someones icloud?

I just keep getting the feeling Lori lies to Chad like she does to everyone else... He didn't really get to know her either but it seems he is getting caught up. He must be disgusted if not in on all of it. I predict a break in their relationship at some point, but he has Tammy I hanging over his head so that might keep him clammed up.
I really disagree here. Authors know how to weave stories, and, in this case I feel so certain that the two of them were living out the chapters on how not get caught with a crime. And face it, if it wasn't for KW, who knows how long it would have taken to get this addressed... Chad and Lori would have been much further into their plans. KWs calling police and then Alex's death are, to me, the
I am going under the assumption that Alex and Lori picked up MG from the airport on September 19.
According to this - MG and Lori only recorded 2 podcasts in September 2019:
September 7 (Saturday)
September 16 (Monday - this one with Chad)
Why was MG in Rexburg on Thursday 9/19?
We know there was a Group that cannot be named conference in Rexburg on the 21st - but Chad didn’t speak at it. Did they all just attend it? Did Tammy attend it?
Who watched JJ for Lori on 9/16? Was he in school?
Also, it seems odd to me that the group that cannot be mentioned doesn’t have Melanie, Chad or Lori ever doing Podcasts together again after 9/16. There are no podcasts by anyone in October and just 1 in November on the 29th.
https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com...watermarked-jjs-nanny-statement-to-police.pdf

Yes, very hard questions to answer, for sure? Are we "positive" that we have MG in Rexburg on the 19th? From the door cam?? I see no reason why MG would have entered the house in any way except the garage....

Did you read the whole statement? I am surprised that the babysitter even wanted to come back. I couldn't copy it but it is linked in the article.

I haven’t read ahead yet, but I didn’t want to forget my thoughts on the nanny’s story.

so, hypothetically, Tylee is disappeared sometime after sept 8, for whatever reason. Lori is trying to manage J.J. on her own, (I suspect Tylee did most of the care) and it is not going well, so she turns to care.com. But that didn’t go so great either, J.J. is a wild card and she knows having a sitter is not going to work for her plans. The next day she makes up the story J.J. is with his grandparents and then just never responds to the sitter again. And J.J. is gone and she doesn’t have to worry about it anymore.

MOO

You are probably right about January, but I wonder, do you need the physical phone to check someones icloud?
You do not need the physical phone to access data that has been stored on the cloud. You *do* need the password.

Lori being not very tech savvy, it could be that she had a simple password, but I am pretty sure LE wouldn't access it without legal rights to, and I would think that the only legal avenue is a search warrant. Would love to hear from any of our legal experts on this.

I really disagree here. Authors know how to weave stories, and, in this case I feel so certain that the two of them were living out the chapters on how not get caught with a crime. And face it, if it wasn't for KW, who knows how long it would have taken to get this addressed... Chad and Lori would have been much further into their plans. KWs calling police and then Alex's death are, to me, the

Yes, very hard questions to answer, for sure? Are we "positive" that we have MG in Rexburg on the 19th? From the door cam?? I see no reason why MG would have entered the house in any way except the garage....

I think MG in Rexburg on 9/19 is an assumption based on the nanny interview. The women on the doorbell cam is from 10/29.

You do not need the physical phone to access data that has been stored on the cloud. You *do* need the password.

Lori being not very tech savvy, it could be that she had a simple password, but I am pretty sure LE wouldn't access it without legal rights to, and I would think that the only legal avenue is a search warrant. Would love to hear from any of our legal experts on this.

I'm not a lawyer, but I sometimes play one on the internet. :)

I think yuo're right here. They definitely had warrants for electronics at both Chad's house in Idaho and the car/Townhouse in Hawaii. I'd think the right to take and search the devices might include verbiage in the warrant to allow accessing (if they can) whatever is in a linked account in the cloud *or* point the way to cloud accounts they need to get another warrant for and check out. I could imagine that Lori could have taken a picture using her phone and either deleted it from the phone (not realizing it may have automatically been saved to the cloud and her deletion wouldn't take care of both) or not realizing that the picture would have data about where and when it was taken, or not realize how that informaton could hurt her. If she's really as non-tech savvy as some have theorized, all of that would seem possible to me.

MOO

Is July 20, 20 the only date anyone has found? Nothing in April? I remember reading April somewhere and can't remember for the life of me where. I have looked and looked. MOO

CD had declared it was a family camping visit that brought him to Idaho, which was thought to be one of his motivations that "he had to come to Rexburg". Does anyone have any idea where that was in Idaho..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220