Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question I ask is: why is there such an increase of these kinds of cases? Is there another agenda at hand? Political? Will this be what they will use to try to make people think getting "chipped" is a good idea, so that we dont lose track of people, IMO all of these cases are related - by pure evil.

I do believe that some "conspiracy theories" have a grain of truth to them. However, there is so much misinformation being pumped out both on purpose and by ignorance, who knows what is truth and what is complete nonsense.

I have heard some interesting MK Ultra theories floating around, who knows if there is any legitimacy to any of it. It would explain why Lori just went nuts. She just got "activated", j/k.

For those not familiar with MK Ultra just watch or read the review for "Manchurian Candidate" it'll give you a rough idea.

For example, most people don't believe the official 9/11 narrative, but the theories are all over the place. I don't think we'll ever find out the truth on what actually happened. MOO

He could be.. but there's no proof at all that he is, and I myself doubt it very much. But I don't think that either way it's going to be a big factor in what transpires from this point forward (though it could affect whether Lori uses a private or public defender).

I think Chad will also need funds to defend himself, as I think some (relatively minor at this time) charges will soon be filed against him (anything related to TD though I think will come later, after the autopsy results)

I think the 4 conspirator's plan was to kill off their spouses in order to obtain life insurance policy proceeds and inherited assets in order to fund themselves in an end-times scenario which they believed would begin in July 2020, with economic collapse, social upheaval, and maybe even a plague (unfortunately and by coincidence only, that last one may come to fruition pretty soon via the coronavirus pandemic)

I don't think Lori and Chad were thinking they necessarily needed to move to some Rocky Mountain or Missouri or Idaho or Utah sanctuary/gathering place by 7/22/2020 , just that that was the date they believed some of the Armageddon stuff would begin in the US. As such, they probably planned to live in HI until the **** really hit the fan (maybe a year or two or three). Under that scenario, some money would be needed to live in HI, but the rest would be saved and used in preparation for, and during, their future life in an "area of refuge". So I doubt they were just blowing through money.

And if anything, they are very underfunded at the moment, as contrary to their plan, both CV and BB changed their policies. Lori and MB were too late! Chad is the only one who didn't strike out. So they ended up with only 430k out of a possible 2.43m, and now they're going to have to spend a lot of the 430k on attorney's fees. That's a shame..

There is one other potential source of funds, though, which might be available to Lori, and that is if somehow AC scrambled together a policy (naming Lori as beneficiary) in the 6 months leading up to his death. I doubt an insurance company would have paid out yet on that one though (if it existed), because things were starting to show up in the news. His death was suspicious (and an autopsy was being sought - vs. after Tammy's death where everyone said: "nothing to see here, let's head to Utah for the internment.").

I agree with a possible “master plan”, among the individuals you named. But, for at least a few, the plans didn’t work out. Namely, LV, does not become the beneficiary of CV’s life insurance policy. Other than pulling cash from and/or using joint credit accounts, she presumably, had little cash to pay bills, other than SS benefits from the children. MOO

Hopefully am in the discussion thread. I am seeking to corroborate this information. I've been provided with a source which partially corroborates it (2 out of 3 which ain't bad but I'd like all 3 corroborated if possible.)

Source

If anyone can provide a source or citation about the reference to the sister and third home.

Also, if anyone knows or not whether the brother mentioned there is Alex or Adam.
The whole town home thing has its own mysteries. When the 5 (Lori, AC, Tylee, JJ, and MB) came up (I think 9/1 - 9/2) they only got two town homes. So I'm guessing that Lori and the kids were in one, and AC and MB were in the other. MB later actually moved her stuff up in early Nov (with help from AC - per the private eye), so I assume that's when she got her own town home (the third one).

What's always bugged me is, why did Melani get a third unit unless AC and Lori we're each planning to be staying in Rexburg for at least several more months (and or returning to live there)? Maybe a better way to phrase that is: if Lori knew she'd be leaving in early Nov (December at the latest), and AC was planning to marry ZP in late November and immediately book it back down to AZ, why didn't one of them just share their town home with MB for a month (or less)?

The question I ask is: why is there such an increase of these kinds of cases? Is there another agenda at hand? Political? Will this be what they will use to try to make people think getting "chipped" is a good idea, so that we dont lose track of people, IMO all of these cases are related - by pure evil.

Well I don't want to upset you, but you can google lists of murderers and serial killers from the past from all sorts of time periods. The first murder? Cane killed Abel. It's been happening since the beginning of time. It's easy to put blame on conspiracy theories because they seem far removed from us. But the truth? The truth is murder has been a human institution for as long as we have been walking this Earth. Though we are technically living in the safest time to be alive.

Maybe the judge could reduce the bond by $1.00.

I'm not bothered by her bail amount I don't think it will be reduced nor do I think it should be. By law, HRS832-16, the judge can set bail at whatever she thinks it will take to ensure the defendant's appearance at trial. So I don't think Lori has any real legal argument.

But bail that high is almost unheard of in Hawaii so his argument is probably going to be about precedent. The Hawaii (County) Police Department reports pretty much every arrest by text and email to anyone that signs up and bail amounts are usually $10,000 to $250,000 with the higher number for murder. I don't think I have ever seen anything over $1 million much less $5m. Not sure if there are any relevant Hawaii Supreme Court cases of excessive bail but if there are we will hear about them tomorrow.

Her lawyer is going to argue that until she has been ordered extradited, Idaho courts, judges, cops, governor have no authority in Hawaii (which is true) and that Hawaii law and precedent governs on bail amount. I don't really think he will win. The judge might reduce to, say, $2m but she'll still be living with the titas a few more days before going back to the cold.
JMO

Last edited:
I disagree, insofar as it's easy for a person on the outside, and easier if said person has no use for religion themselves; to assume that the "devout" person is telling themselves a big load of known horse hooey to evade detection.

Conversely, if the "devout" person has any shreds of true belief in their devoutness, their mindset - their "beliefs", for want of a better word - do, in fact, become very important.

Even, and perhaps especially, because the devout person might, just might, be sincerely deluded; a/k/a "telling themselves stories to get through the night", as it were.

In short, "It doesn't matter what you believe" (i.e., the quality of your intel) "It only matters that you sincerely believe in it."

JMO, IMO, etc.

I do believe that religion can be weaponized if people allow it. Jonestown is one exaample that comes readily to mind. MOO

I agree with a possible “master plan”, among the individuals you named. But, for at least a few, the plans didn’t work out. Namely, LV, does not become the beneficiary of CV’s life insurance policy. Other than pulling cash from and/or using joint credit accounts, she presumably, had little cash to pay bills, other than SS benefits from the children. MOO
I think I mentioned that LV lost out on the CV insurance lottery.. So the only money Lori would've had was the $75,000 she got following JR's death 6-7 months before). That and any monthly benefits, plus maybe what Chad could/would give her. But I'm sure that poverty only lasted until maybe mid-late November when Chad waltzed into the insurance company's office and picked up a cool $430,000. I'm just saying that there's no reason to believe that Chad (or Chad and Lori) have frivolously blown through a large chunk of that money. The balance in the bank does not mean there's not significant sums held elsewhere (in fact, I would think, if anything, it perhaps indicates that there are).

Last edited:
If he'd spent 35 percent of the $430,000, he'd still have $278,000 in the bank, not $152,000. In any event, I doubt he's spent much more than 30k (just air fares, hotels, rentals, lease down payments, etc.). I would think he has the rest of the funds (or something close) at a different location.
If he opened a FHB savings account when he arrived in November or December with a round number amount of $150,000 he would have roughly $152,000 now after earning interest.

BBM. Well we do know she has a Hawaii drivers license in the name of Lori Ryan. The arrest warrant paperwork only listed her as Lori Vallow and/or Lori Daybell. So is her attorney going to pull out the Ryan ID at the last minute and claim she's not the same Lori? It sounds like a ridiculous argument to make, but this legal team is arguing a $5 Million bail should be reduced to $10,000 which seems like a ridiculous request as well. So I'm not putting anything past them... I hope the prosecutor is prepared to present evidence of all her aliases, including the Lolo Ryan one. MOO.

I got the impression that the lawyer was only going through the motions for show. MOO

I honestly feel sorry for any lawyer that has to defend her. Just look what happened to Jodi Arias's former lawyer:

Jodi Arias' Lawyer: 'Defending Jodi Is The Reason Cancer Infested My Body'

MOO

Well I don't want to upset you, but you can google lists of murderers and serial killers from the past from all sorts of time periods. The first murder? Cane killed Abel. It's been happening since the beginning of time. It's easy to put blame on conspiracy theories because they seem far removed from us. But the truth? The truth is murder has been a human institution for as long as we have been walking this Earth. Though we are technically living in the safest time to be alive.

Not to go biblical but, at this point, we are evaluating the bail amount with regard to the probable cause affidavit from Idaho. We have yet to hear the probable cause affidavit out of Arizona. MOO

The whole town home thing has its own mysteries. When the 5 (Lori, AC, Tylee, JJ, and MB) came up (I think 9/1 - 9/2) they only got two town homes. So I'm guessing that Lori and the kids were in one, and AC and MB were in the other. MB later actually moved her stuff up in early Nov (with help from AC - per the private eye), so I assume that's when she got her own town home (the third one).

What's always bugged me is, why did Melani get a third unit unless AC and Lori we're each planning to be staying in Rexburg for at least several more months (and or returning to live there)? Maybe a better way to phrase that is: if Lori knew she'd be leaving in early Nov (December at the latest), and AC was planning to marry ZP in late November and immediately book it back down to AZ, why didn't one of them just share their town home with MB for a month (or less)?

Just a thought...had Lori ever spent any time in Idaho in winter or fall? Early September would still have been decent weather I'm guessing but maybe as winter set in she decided the world had to change.

I think she looks to be close in height to Lori when she is stepping through the door:
View attachment 234589
View attachment 234591

View attachment 234588

ETA: But on the other hand, Chad is tall....

MOO.

@LuC

Short answer to your question is that you are looking at outdated info. The neighbor identified Lori's niece as her "sister" in a video interview. The affidavit that was released after Lori was arrested confirmed it was Lori's niece living next door to her, not her sister.

Maybe they were talking about two different women. ;)

As per pictures in the Daily Mail, Lori does have another sister who seems about the same height as Lori, at least; and the sister has brown hair.

It also seems likely that the unsung sister would want to visit Alex + Lori at least once, so... possible? Maybe the neighbor got introduced to both sister and niece on separate occasions. Some reporter should go back to her and clarify.

JMO

I would think he was excited to tell his teacher about his day trip to Yellowstone. MOO

Probably, and this is a question I asked before. Typically, children will share with teachers, teacher’s assistants, caregivers, etc...something, other than the normal routine stuff, important that occurs in their life. Possibly it is expressed verbally, a combination of verbal and non-verbal communication and even through artistic expression. If you have never been before, a visit to Yellowstone National Park is kind of a big deal. MOO

I think the chance of the judge actually saying that are less than zero. That's always been an option for her to make this mostly go away anyway, but the judge would be way overstepping to say or do that.

The only issue before the judge is bail amount. The extradition hearing on Monday March 2 is when she can challenge whether the charges are valid and whether she is the person wanted. If she produces the kids before then it MIGHT make the felony charges invalid (though I suspect not) but Idaho would still continue with the extradition on the misdemeanors just so they have her locked up. The hearing tomorrow is ONLY about whether the amount of bail is appropriate under Hawaii law. I happen to think it is unusually high but under Hawaii law the bail amount is ultimately up to the judge so any change will be based on the judge's mood, not law. JMO.

This was posted last thread:

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

Here is the initial motion filed by Lori Vallow’s defense. Craig De Costa claims $5M bond is excessive and cited 8th Amendment. Goes onto say bail should have been $10K “cash only.” Hearing is set for 2PM HST tomorrow. #fox10phoenix

7:36 PM · Feb 25, 2020

Does anyone else find it a tad unprofessional that Lori's lawyer uses her first name throughout the bail reduction request? I mean I have been using Lori in the timeline because she has had so many last names it's impossible to keep everything straight otherwise...but a court document for a serious legal matter seems like it should be more formal. Is it really so hard for Lori to tell her lawyer her preferred/current surname and title (Ms/Mrs)? Or is there some hidden strategy in this? Do they actually plan to contest her identity? :rolleyes:o_O

MOO.

What do we know about the defense? Was this particular charge anticipated? Would that explain the “baggie” of cash (possibly) $10,000, the “expected” amount of bail, based on the “expected” charges or probable cause affidavit for extradition? I don’t know...MOO.

I think the chance of the judge actually saying that are less than zero. That's always been an option for her to make this mostly go away anyway, but the judge would be way overstepping to say or do that.

The only issue before the judge is bail amount. The extradition hearing on Monday March 2 is when she can challenge whether the charges are valid and whether she is the person wanted. If she produces the kids before then it MIGHT make the felony charges invalid (though I suspect not) but Idaho would still continue with the extradition on the misdemeanors just so they have her locked up. The hearing tomorrow is ONLY about whether the amount of bail is appropriate under Hawaii law. I happen to think it is unusually high but under Hawaii law the bail amount is ultimately up to the judge so any change will be based on the judge's mood, not law. JMO.
That's a funny thought. It would be great if he was on the same flight. Even better if he got a first class seat and Lori was in Coach. :) But somehow I suspect he won't have any way of knowing what flight she's on although odds are it will involve Delta and involve going through Salt Lake.

I'm not sure they could stop him from being on the flight if he managed to book a seat on the right flight.

The logistics of how they'll do it are interesting to ponder. I have no clue what the process would be if, for example, she was in Florida and being extradicted to Idaho. Would she be flown in that situation or would Idaho send two or three guards in a van to drive down and bring her back? I'd think that is more likely than flying and that only Alaska and Hawaii (as far as extradictions between states) would involve flying the person. I can say that I spent a period where I flew a ton and I don't remember ever seeing anyone in handcuffs, leg irons, or other restraints. I'm thinking the airline might want to keep the fact that this was going on low key, but I also would think that some restraint would be needed. Even though Lori might not be likely to turn physical and attack passengers and such, she could, and the risk for a lot of prisoners would be higher but the same procedures would apply to Lori.

I joked about Chad flying first class, but it occured to me that it might make sense for Lori to be the one in first class. put her and a couple guards in the front rows of first class, have them be the last to come on the plane, just before closing the doors, and get them off immediately on opening the doors. I think they can route them to and from the plane through places other than the regular concourses. I'm also thinking they fly her to SF or LA unless there is a non-stop on Delta to SLC, then put her in a van for the rest of the trip. The reason I'm thinking the front row of first class and the sneaking on last second, then off immediately, is that I know they do this with celebrities as needed. I was on a flight years ago from Chicago to SLC with Della Reese when they were filming the series "Touched by an Angel" in Salt Lake. The only way I knew she was on the plane was I was in first class and happened to look up and notice her when she and her traveling companion came on at the last second. They got her off quick as well and she was no where to be seen by the time I got off, not very far behind her.

I am also very curious about the process. As far as I know state police can't fly with weapons in the cabin. FBI can as can marshals. Even as a prisoner she can't fly without ID. So what if she destroys her ID to thwart extradition? It wouldn't work but I' curious how this works. I also don't think most governments pay for first class under any circumstances. There is also the question of whether exposing the public to an accused felon is acceptable.

Best guess is a commercial flight, economy class, no restraints but closely watched and a couple of armed air marshals on board just in case.

While they likely are allowed to not tell Chad which flight, the nature of Hawaii is that he will likely know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor