Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I don't want to upset you, but you can google lists of murderers and serial killers from the past from all sorts of time periods. The first murder? Cane killed Abel. It's been happening since the beginning of time. It's easy to put blame on conspiracy theories because they seem far removed from us. But the truth? The truth is murder has been a human institution for as long as we have been walking this Earth. Though we are technically living in the safest time to be alive.
Thank you for your explanation - I do
I do believe that some "conspiracy theories" have a grain of truth to them. However, there is so much misinformation being pumped out both on purpose and by ignorance, who knows what is truth and what is complete nonsense.

I have heard some interesting MK Ultra theories floating around, who knows if there is any legitimacy to any of it. It would explain why Lori just went nuts. She just got "activated", j/k.

For those not familiar with MK Ultra just watch or read the review for "Manchurian Candidate" it'll give you a rough idea.

For example, most people don't believe the official 9/11 narrative, but the theories are all over the place. I don't think we'll ever find out the truth on what actually happened. MOO
What does what I said have to do with conspiracies? Might I also add that MK Ultra and other CIA projects were real and you can find the government files about them online. MOO

Last edited:
Well I don't want to upset you, but you can google lists of murderers and serial killers from the past from all sorts of time periods. The first murder? Cane killed Abel. It's been happening since the beginning of time. It's easy to put blame on conspiracy theories because they seem far removed from us. But the truth? The truth is murder has been a human institution for as long as we have been walking this Earth. Though we are technically living in the safest time to be alive.
I'm really not sure what you're saying - but does it align with scripture? Yes.

The hearing tomorrow is ONLY about whether the amount of bail is appropriate under Hawaii law. I happen to think it is unusually high but under Hawaii law the bail amount is ultimately up to the judge so any change will be based on the judge's mood, not law. JMO.

Since the general public is not privy to the information shared or known by LE, prosecutors and judges, we should trust that the high bail amount is there for a reason. MOO

I think the chance of the judge actually saying that are less than zero. That's always been an option for her to make this mostly go away anyway, but the judge would be way overstepping to say or do that.

The only issue before the judge is bail amount. The extradition hearing on Monday March 2 is when she can challenge whether the charges are valid and whether she is the person wanted. If she produces the kids before then it MIGHT make the felony charges invalid (though I suspect not) but Idaho would still continue with the extradition on the misdemeanors just so they have her locked up. The hearing tomorrow is ONLY about whether the amount of bail is appropriate under Hawaii law. I happen to think it is unusually high but under Hawaii law the bail amount is ultimately up to the judge so any change will be based on the judge's mood, not law. JMO.
That's a funny thought. It would be great if he was on the same flight. Even better if he got a first class seat and Lori was in Coach. :) But somehow I suspect he won't have any way of knowing what flight she's on although odds are it will involve Delta and involve going through Salt Lake.

I'm not sure they could stop him from being on the flight if he managed to book a seat on the right flight.

The logistics of how they'll do it are interesting to ponder. I have no clue what the process would be if, for example, she was in Florida and being extradicted to Idaho. Would she be flown in that situation or would Idaho send two or three guards in a van to drive down and bring her back? I'd think that is more likely than flying and that only Alaska and Hawaii (as far as extradictions between states) would involve flying the person. I can say that I spent a period where I flew a ton and I don't remember ever seeing anyone in handcuffs, leg irons, or other restraints. I'm thinking the airline might want to keep the fact that this was going on low key, but I also would think that some restraint would be needed. Even though Lori might not be likely to turn physical and attack passengers and such, she could, and the risk for a lot of prisoners would be higher but the same procedures would apply to Lori.

I joked about Chad flying first class, but it occured to me that it might make sense for Lori to be the one in first class. put her and a couple guards in the front rows of first class, have them be the last to come on the plane, just before closing the doors, and get them off immediately on opening the doors. I think they can route them to and from the plane through places other than the regular concourses. I'm also thinking they fly her to SF or LA unless there is a non-stop on Delta to SLC, then put her in a van for the rest of the trip. The reason I'm thinking the front row of first class and the sneaking on last second, then off immediately, is that I know they do this with celebrities as needed. I was on a flight years ago from Chicago to SLC with Della Reese when they were filming the series "Touched by an Angel" in Salt Lake. The only way I knew she was on the plane was I was in first class and happened to look up and notice her when she and her traveling companion came on at the last second. They got her off quick as well and she was no where to be seen by the time I got off, not very far behind her.

I am also very curious about the process. As far as I know state police can't fly with weapons in the cabin. FBI can as can marshals. Even as a prisoner she can't fly without ID. So what if she destroys her ID to thwart extradition? It wouldn't work but I'm curious how this works. I also don't think most governments pay for first class under any circumstances. (I worked for the state of Arizona an at that time State employees could not but first class tickets for any reason, even if it was the only option. The rule applied to police on official travel.). Idaho may have different rules but I doubt it. There is also the question of whether exposing the public to an accused felon is acceptable.

Best guess is a commercial flight, economy class, no restraints but closely watched and a couple of armed air marshals on board just in case.

While they likely are allowed to not tell Chad which flight, the nature of Hawaii is that he will likely know.

What do we know about the defense? Was this particular charge anticipated? Would that explain the “baggie” of cash (possibly) $10,000, the “expected” amount of bail, based on the “expected” charges or probable cause affidavit for extradition? I don’t know...MOO.

The hearing tomorrow isn't going to be a big to do. It's just kind of a thing you get after about three "business" days when you contest the amount of bail... It's just a thing that happens...

And yet she is fighting it, or at least attemting to get the bail decreased so presumably she could get out on bail until the next hearing. I'll bet if her lawyer told the prosecutor and the judge that she was willing to throw in the towel that they could make things happen quick enough to make the bail question moot. So I'm inclined to call BS on CP.

MOO
Her lawyer offered essentially that - produce the id evidence and Idaho Governor's warrant quickly (by Monday 2/24) and we will agree to extradition. But if you want to let the Hawaii system act slowly we want her out on bail. The judge split the child. High bail but gave the state only a few days.

If a proper Governor's warrant and id evidence is presented next Monday she will be on her way back to Idaho. If ID/HI can't get their act together, I'm guessing bail will be reduced to $20,000 on Monday 3/2.

The only issue before the judge is bail amount. The extradition hearing on Monday March 2 is when she can challenge whether the charges are valid and whether she is the person wanted. If she produces the kids before then it MIGHT make the felony charges invalid (though I suspect not) but Idaho would still continue with the extradition on the misdemeanors just so they have her locked up. The hearing tomorrow is ONLY about whether the amount of bail is appropriate under Hawaii law. I happen to think it is unusually high but under Hawaii law the bail amount is ultimately up to the judge so any change will be based on the judge's mood, not law. JMO.

The last sentence, regarding Hawaii law, and you discount completely the education, experience, professionalism, ethics, etc, of the presiding judge...by stating that the bail amount will not be determined by law but by the MOOD of the judge???

The last sentence, regarding Hawaii law, and you discount completely the education, experience, professionalism, ethics, etc, of the presiding judge...by stating that the bail amount will not be determined by law but by the MOOD of the judge???

Her lawyer offered essentially that - produce the id evidence and Idaho Governor's warrant quickly (by Monday 2/24) and we will agree to extradition. But if you want to let the Hawaii system act slowly we want her out on bail. The judge split the child. High bail but gave the state only a few days.

If a proper Governor's warrant and id evidence is presented next Monday she will be on her way back to Idaho. If ID/HI can't get their act together, I'm guessing bail will be reduced to $20,000 on Monday 3/2.

Again, are you on their defense team?

Alrighty, well, I shared what I thought may be helpful - I am often wrong and sometimes right- I continue to pray for this case and others but I think I'm too sensitive for WS. Thank you for letting me a part of your world - I hope and pray most of you have been wrong and that the kids are alive and well. I'll have to have a break for my own well being, Aloha from Kauai

Alrighty, well, I shared what I thought may be helpful - I am often wrong and sometimes right- I continue to pray for this case and others but I think I'm too sensitive for WS. Thank you for letting me a part of your world - I hope and pray most of you have been wrong and that the kids are alive and well. I'll have to have a break for my own well being, Aloha from Kauai

Don't go, you're cool! We like you! This has just been a really weird night overall anyways.

The hearing tomorrow isn't going to be a big to do. It's just kind of a thing you get after about three "business" days when you contest the amount of bail... It's just a thing that happens...
What you have not factored in is that Hawaii judges are unpredictable. I don't expect a meaningful change in bail. But a small reduction would not surprise me.

Can the judge in Hawaii call her out and say she has to present the children to get a bail reduction or would that only happen back in Idaho? Just wondering if there’s a (very small) chance something like that is going on behind the scenes? MOO

The Judge isn't going to get into the substance of the case.

That will all happen in Idaho

I am also very curious about the process. As far as I know state police can't fly with weapons in the cabin. FBI can as can marshals. Even as a prisoner she can't fly without ID. So what if she destroys her ID to thwart extradition? It wouldn't work but I'm curious how this works. I also don't think most governments pay for first class under any circumstances. (I worked for the state of Arizona an at that time State employees could not but first class tickets for any reason, even if it was the only option. The rule applied to police on official travel.). Idaho may have different rules but I doubt it. There is also the question of whether exposing the public to an accused felon is acceptable.

Best guess is a commercial flight, economy class, no restraints but closely watched and a couple of armed air marshals on board just in case.

While they likely are allowed to not tell Chad which flight, the nature of Hawaii is that he will likely know.
As far as I researched on extradition by airflight, she will fly with 2 marshalls in the very last row, with her by the window, 1 marshall next to her and one in the front of the other marshall. she will be handcuffed and possibly leg shackled.

Okay, that's a rather broad claim...

The opposition from the prosecution makes a lot of sense.

In this fast track procedure, it is not the Hawaii Court's job to dig into matters that the originating jurisdiction is handling. So bail should follow that set in Idaho given that Hawaii has broad discretion as regards bail amounts.

The opposition repeats the claim dear Chad is married to LV and has plenty of cash to hand to continue to evade justice (like the just spent the last months doing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor