Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do have to catch up reading the last several pages, big things are happening quickly!

However, I just happened to scroll past this. This book is excellent. And I agree with @Alpha Bravo, it is fascinating. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone interested in this case. I think my first ever post mentioned this book. Sadly, this case reminded me of The Lafferty Brothers straight away.
1984 Lafferty case still haunts
Utah v. Lafferty - Wikipedia

Have you read "Under the Banner of Heaven" by John Krakauer? Fascinating, and amongst others, he covers the LeBarons.
https://www.amazon.com/Under-Banner-Heaven-Story-Violent/dp/1400032806

She came across to me as defiant. Arms crossed. Camera spent some time on her feet in shackles. Polish on her toes holding up.

Seemed like when attorneys went up to bench, and the white noise was on, the mike was still on and you could hear what they were saying? Anyone else get that? Talking about her flying out, and something about " preventing a scene."

"“We were talking about how his family is doing and he told me his dad remarried,” she says. “I thought it was a joke because he kind of laughed about it afterward. I laughed and he said, ‘No, I’m serious. My dad went to Hawaii on a business trip and met a widow and they just got married.'"

OOPS it appears Chad lied to his kids, likely his parents and anyone he talked to about it as well. Just met Lori in Hawaii and got married on a whim? What? He didn't tell all of them that Lori had told her husband she would kill him if he stood in her way to follow Chad, and then... actually did that?

Well, with all due respect, Chad's son didn't say the "Hawaii business trip [where he] met a widow" was the November 2019 trip, KWIM? ;)

I'd be especially leery of making that assumption, now that MSM appears to be discovering that Chad met up with Lori in HI well before Charles' (or Tammy's) death.

His son's finding the marriage appallingly sudden, could have more to do with how Chad was remarried scant weeks after Tammy's burial.

We stopped by Christopher Parrett’s house, he’s the founder of AVOW (Another Voice of Warning) and has claimed that Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow are “totally vindicated.” He answered the door and quickly said no comment, wouldn’t tell me if Chad was inside.

ETA: As we were leaving, he came back outside to take a picture of me and my photographer getting into our car.

Kim Powell on Twitter

In various murder cases, someone (often me!) brings up the terms sociopath narcissist...and in one or more of those posts, it was asked, what if two of these personality types hook up?

I think that is what we may be seeing here.

Why was she smiling, I can't even understand or comprehend her. I am so upset by her smug attitude, I may need a break. Does she know something noone else does or is she just wicked and evil? Imo. Where are the kids!

We stopped by Christopher Parrett’s house, he’s the founder of AVOW (Another Voice of Warning) and has claimed that Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow are “totally vindicated.” He answered the door and quickly said no comment, wouldn’t tell me if Chad was inside.

ETA: As we were leaving, he came back outside to take a picture of me and my photographer getting into our car.

Kim Powell on Twitter

Photo from the Tweet. Just look at that big house the AVOW paywalls are paying for while people cash in their retirement funds for tents and freeze dried food.

ESSidXHWAAYt9uq

For the people here who know Chad, I can't imagine what you are going through and am so sorry for that.

This case at its core is about a conspiracy. A conspiracy with a very sad outcome of three dead adults and two missing children who are likely dead. That conspiracy includes Chad as a willing participant. He could have stopped it at any time by walking into the nearest police station. He did not. He happily went along, dancing on the beach with his new bride with no kids, laughing and playing the freaking ukulele. Until he got caught.

He's a POI in the disappearance of two innocent children. Threading the needle on Chad's participation to try and mitigate his guilt is just not fair to those kids.
MOO
Edited a bit.
I’m a full day behind on this thread, and this has likely been beaten to death by now. I hope all parties have agreed to disagree and continue to participate in discussion and respectful debate.

Clearly Chad has some level of culpability here. On one hand it’s possible (however unlikely) he’s completely been snowed and refused to cooperate w/LE believing he’s protecting his new wife’s children, and has no knowledge of where they actually are. At the other extreme he may not only have killed his wife but orchestrated the murder of at least two other adults, the attempted murder of one and is responsible for the disappearance and possible death of two children.

I have my opinion on where his responsibility falls but I’ll save that for another post.

My point here is people who have known Chad for years, be they friends or family, are in a tough spot. It’s reasonable to want to give your loved ones the benefit of the doubt. In fact some might expect our friends would do the same for us. The law requires people be presumed innocent until proven guilty and Chad hasn’t even been charged w/a crime yet (that I’m aware of, like I said I’m a day behind).

I’m trying not to fault someone for pointing out mitigating factors or other theories that minimize Chad’s criminal intent. One of the reasons I’m here is to examine facts and discuss various scenarios that fit the facts. I think WS is stronger for it, and I don’t want to see people close to this case leave us because they no longer feel welcome.

Those of you who remember me from the Watts case may find it ironic that I’m encouraging comments from the “other side”. Yes, I was one of the biggest critics when Watts advocates spoke out. But for those posters defending Watts meant bashing Shan’anns character and accusing her of all sorts of heinous behavior. It was based on hate, lies and speculation, not facts.

In this case those giving Chad the benefit of the doubt are not insulting Tammy or any of the victims or their families. IIRC they’re not even insisting Chad is innocent. They are merely pointing out the possibility. As his friend, until more facts come out I believe that’s their right.

While I think it’s good that people close to POIs join us in our discussions, in this case I think it’s particularly important. Chad supporters are outnumbered on this board, but I don’t know that they’ll be as outnumbered in Rexburg. I imagine there’s a good chance many in Chad’s Ward will stand behind him at least until he’s arrested. Maybe not. It’s too soon to tell.

There is an entire town no doubt full of good people struggling w/the same issue. I feel bad for the whole town. Those of us us on this board are not going to be able to squash local sentiment. IMO it’s best we try to understand it as local social dynamics will no doubt influence the investigation and may even provide insight into the crimes themselves. Possibly some that we’re not even aware of yet.

Let’s debate. Let’s be respectful. Let’s stick to facts. And let’s find those kids!

Finally, a word to those who know Chad and other POIs—please understand that there are people here genuinely worried for you. Worried for your physical safety/emotional well-being and afraid you may get sucked into dangerous, magical thinking. Please be careful.

Last edited:
Here's my summary of the status hearing for the timeline:

4 Mar 2020, 9 am (HST) – Status hearing is held in HI on Lori’s extradition to Idaho. Lori appears for the hearing wearing prison garb and glasses. The Kauai prosecutor says an Idaho transport team has arrived; Lori is scheduled to be picked up in the afternoon and transported on a red-eye flight. Lori’s defense attorney wants to be informed if transport plans change; he also wants it on the record that Lori has invoked her right to remain silent; he does not want Lori questioned by police without her attorney present during the transport, while waiting for the plane or when they land in Idaho. The judge replies that once Lori is picked up by Idaho authorities, she is out of the Kauai court’s jurisdiction. Lori’s attorney replies that he understands but he wants to “make a record of that so that [Lori’s] Idaho attorney may suppress any statements that they might try to elicit.” The judge ends the hearing by saying, “I just want to state for the record that the county of Kauai, the state of Hawaii has acted expeditiously in assisting the State of Idaho in this extradition.” (KTVB).

I don't know what it means for this case that the FBI Mobile Center is there now, but here's a video tour of a brand new FBI mobile command trailer:

I don't know what it means for this case that the FBI Mobile Center is there now, but here's a video tour of a brand new FBI mobile command trailer:

Well, if this thing doesn’t panic everyone in town who’s guilty of anything, I don’t know what will.

Sheesh. Glasses, major attitude, and somehow STILL has blue toenails? I seriously wondered if she was going to kiss her attorney on the cheek right before she started whispering to him at the end? Am I the only one thought that her body language came across as flirty, even then, in the courtroom, with her arms crossed??

And yeah, the audio wasn't fuzzed when the prosecutor approached the bench.

Here's as clean as I can get rapidly, there is a lot of static in the background and I don't have time to fuss with it more (filler words like "uh"omitted):

[prosecutor and defense attorney approach the bench]
Prosecutor: The extraction team from Idaho is here. The transport team. My understanding is that she is booked on the redeye (he starts to say a time, 10:00 or 10:45, I think, then catches himself) this evening, so they're going to pick her up sometime this afternoon, this evening. I didn't want to state that publicly because we're trying to avoid a scene out at the jail when they're transporting her, reporters showing up and things like that. If you want me to, I can.
Judge: I think you need to say (inaudible) as public (inaudible) court (inaudible).
Prosecutor: Ok, that's fine, that's fine.
[prosecutor and defense attorney leave the bench]

Kim Powell on Twitter

Why is he taking a photo of a reporter doing her job? Is he thinking they can sue for harassment or something? o_O:confused:

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member