Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nugget from prosecutor during the hearing - " ...and at that point, the defendent is gone. Now they say it's a planned move, maybe they did plan to move to Hawaii however, they clearly left very quickly as soon as they were contacted by LE, the vast majority of their belongings were still in that apartment."

I knew they left some toys behind but I didn't realize they left everything else. We kept hearing they packed up a truck so I assumed they cleared out and dumped everything. Surprised that didn't come up at Kauai bail hearing.

It will be interesting to see WHEN 11/26 airline tks were purchased for their pre-planned move to HI - where they rented furniture.

She cycled through a lot of facial expressions throughout the hearing. It was bizarre. Like she can't decide which mask to use.
I do not for a moment feel sorry for her. She is an adult who knows right from wrong, irregardless of her mental state. But, that said, I believe I saw today a myriad of different emotions. I feel that **it is getting real and she is struggling with what she wants to believe is going to happen and what it more and more looks like is going to happen. Nothing has, as of yet, gone the way she has “dreamed” it would happen. The judges continue to show no weakness or sympathy for her.

i am not totally through with all comments after the court appearance...but I feel people are trying to hate all things Lori and not accepting other things. I feel the defense attorney was actually good. She appeared solid as a rock to me. And after I rewatched and rewatched the video... I think both Lori and Chad "were happy" with whatever they were interpreting. I just do not think Chad will break from his "bond" with Lori. As I rewatched I saw more signals of connection than I did initially. Face it, they are thick as thieves in this. I kindof feel pissed that they will get the chance to be "together" in crime... But I am so anxious to see if the FBI is up to snuff with some surprise information that will be brought out to cancel my thoughts of them being together in some "bliss".
I think what bothered me about the defense attorney, beyond my strong bias against her client, is that she didnt just defend Lori based on legal code, she seemed (IMO) to take a moral posture, a "righteous anger" that fell so totally flat given the circumstances.

She'd probably be effective with an unbiased jury, IMO. Righteous anger makes you wonder what you don't know. She seems very intelligent and had some quick responses, I thought.

I do not for a moment feel sorry for her. She is an adult who knows right from wrong, irregardless of her mental state. But, that said, I believe I saw today a myriad of different emotions. I feel that **it is getting real and she is struggling with what she wants to believe is going to happen and what it more and more looks like is going to happen. Nothing has, as of yet, gone the way she has “dreamed” it would happen. The judges continue to show no weakness or sympathy for her.
She had three goals at the hearing: get out of jail, look smug and unafraid, and make eye contact with her current money source. That's it, no genuine emotion toward anyone else, no empathy.

I think what bothered me about the defense attorney, beyond my strong bias against her client, is that she didnt just defend Lori based on legal code, she seemed (IMO) to take a moral posture, a "righteous anger" that fell so totally flat given the circumstances.

She'd probably be effective with an unbiased jury, IMO. Righteous anger makes you wonder what you don't know. She seems very intelligent and had some quick responses, I thought.
That prosecutor really needs to step up his game. Jmo

So did I understand this correctly, in order to get bail she has to complete her past court appearances - including the welfare check? Meaning producing the kids? Sorry did anyone else hear the judge say this? Confused??? Thanks
I don't think so. Not a legal expert, but I think he brought up the ignored court order as a justification for how high he was keeping bond (even though its was reduced from $5 mil, $1 mil matches the jurisdiction's record for bond, IIRC).

From the Daily Mail...almost looks like she has a "bump." And CD looks like he lightened his hair. All these two care about is each other at this point, IMO.
She is wearing a bullet proof vest again, you can at times see the rectangular shapes of the plates and the black at her collar. MOO

i am not totally through with all comments after the court appearance...but I feel people are trying to hate all things Lori and not accepting other things. I feel the defense attorney was actually good. She appeared solid as a rock to me. And after I rewatched and rewatched the video... I think both Lori and Chad "were happy" with whatever they were interpreting. I just do not think Chad will break from his "bond" with Lori. As I rewatched I saw more signals of connection than I did initially. Face it, they are thick as thieves in this. I kindof feel pissed that they will get the chance to be "together" in crime... But I am so anxious to see if the FBI is up to snuff with some surprise information that will be brought out to cancel my thoughts of them being together in some "bliss".
I’m so right there with ya. MOO

If the kids are alive and Lori can prove they were safe, can she sue for damages? if that is a possible money grab I could see her going all in with it.

I’m curious, LVD was able to hire 3 defense attorneys - whats the process for an defense attorney to evaluate an ultimately take a case?

Would they have asked if the kids were alive/hidden? Would some DA not take a case if they didn’t get the answer they wanted? Do they consider if the case is winnable...
I am afraid sometimes a case like this is taken for the notoriety and building clientele. I have just this last year returned to sleuthing and true crime, so don’t judge. But the case that immediately came to mind is the Boston Strangler and F. Lee Bailey. Even if you lose, your name becomes a household name. And yikes, how many people expect you to win a case like this, but they will remember and well, you tried!:D:D:D Call it advertising, money well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298