Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Daybell posts bail and is released from jail, Eddins required the following restrictions for her:
  • She must not leave Bonneville, Madison, Jefferson or Fremont counties in Idaho.
I tried to search the property records in these 4 counties to see if they bought a house elsewhere. Unfortunately, only Fremont's records are public, and only has the house in Chad and Tammy's name.
Fremont County Idaho MapServer

Here's here current WS thread: Found Deceased - AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 *Arrests* #7

Here's her media thread: Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney,3, Media, Maps, timeline -No Discussion

Read the media thread to get details on how her case unfolded.

ETA: I started to type out some details of her case in this post but it made me too angry to relive the horrific details we heard and this is not the thread to discuss Cupcake.
Thanks.. I have copied both links. Dont relive... just pass on the love...

The more I think about it. The better it would be for everyone if she was free.

Apart from the randoms who will stop her anywhere she goes.

CR will likely camp on her front lawn until he is let in to speak with her.

You'll have family begging them to stop media camping infront of their house. Or reports their children are being treated differently because they are related to the daybells. Bullying at school etc.

You'll have family constantly putting pressure on them to stop this circus. If the pressure is high enough they could just explode. Say something which actually helps locate the kids.

But they are also his adoptive aunt and uncle and acted as his adoptive grandparents. Probably doesn't give legal standing. But other than Lori they probably have the same standing legally as loris siblings and parents. However none of them are actively seeking information on jj welfare excluding AdC.

If Lori has had her perental rights terminated. (No idea if possible in USA or if in this case it has as its under seal.) JJ next of kin after Lori is likely to be viewed as LW and KVW or CR. Especially if CR and AdC have said to the judge woodcocks the best position to provide the care jj needs.

Moo

It has the added benefit of depleting their limited resources that will likely be required to fight future charges.

The law in Idaho states that biological Grandparents have no standing for custody rights of an adopted child.

Once a child has been legally adopted, the biological parents and by extension, biological Grandparents have had all legal rights to the child severed.

The biological parents signed away legal rights to child, in effect, completely leaving the child an "orphan". Any claims that the Grandparents had were terminated at the adoption.

True, this could be considered an unusual situation. But, it highlights the issue of problems that a "normal" adoption could have, if "Grandparents", can swoop in at any time after the adoption to "assert their rights".

Their rights ended when they decided not to adopt JJ, themselves.

Just to add to this discussion, yes they do not have any rights to seek custody or pursue some sort of civil case against LV like she seems to be asserting.

What we are seeing is that the state has instituted a child protection action (that one is sealed). Presumably the state has taken or will take custody of the children. A guardian ad litem has already been appointed and that is usually an attorney or other such professional that can objectively determine what is in the best interests of the children. The grandparents have asked for guardianship if the children become wards of the state and need to be placed somewhere. Most states prefer that children be placed with family members instead of in foster care or a group home situation. This is far different from seeking custody. This is all MOO.

ETA: I started to type out some details of her case in this post but it made me too angry to relive the horrific details we heard and this is not the thread to discuss Cupcake.

Isn’t that the gods honest truth! I’m still gut wrenched and heartbroken whenever it comes up on the news or in my mind. The violent crime on children makes me have a love/hate relationship with WS. I had to take a long layoff from WS after the revelations about Cupcake. I suspect the same will be true in this case. For those new to WS be prepared for some serious heart felt pain. It’s crazy how people who never met the victims can feel such personal tragedy. I really tip my cap to those of you who constantly stay involved with painstaking contributions. It hurts too much for me.

Im scratching my head about this statement. Surely he misunderstood something.

If she can produce 1M in assets she doesn’t need a bonding company. This doesn’t make sense which is why I think he’s got it wrong.

Another note regarding questions about Chads mortgage. A colleague got burnt about 10 years ago accepting property as partial collateral for his fee. When the accused defaulted on his bail conditions he found out the mortgage had been “amended” and the payoff was higher than the amount originally recorded. He will no longer accept property as payment without first receiving a payoff statement directly from the mortgage company. What he painfully found out is mortgage companies don’t have to change the recorded mortgage if the “note” changes. The note dictates what you owe and the conditions for payment. The mortgage is only the instrument that secures it but the note is not required to be recorded in my jurisdiction. Might be different in other states.
Very interesting. I would assume bondsmen would be more on top of this issue than many others considering RE as collateral...

Just quoting myself (well, Justin Lum!) - could Lori have assets of any worth? I know she didn’t get CV’s life insurance, but was there anything they owned together - any property, the business etc that went to her? It doesn’t sound like Chad has much, even with Tammys insurance.
From what we know, IIRC, Charles rented every home they had? MOO

So... I discovered something a while back when researching HS that is potentially very alarming with regard to the kids. I’ve never brought it up because it wouldn’t have been fair game for sleuthing. Now that this letter of his was released and he’s in MSM what kind of liberty do we have to post here about some other things he’s written/ talked about? None I assume?

This is what I am talking about...These fringe groups are getting spooked :

Adam Herbets on Twitter
Hector Sosa, Jr. wrote he is worried members of his website will be excommunicated from the LDS Church, especially if they discuss their "non-traditional" beliefs in public. He specifically wants members to avoid discussing "energy healing" and "multiple mortal probations
ESexEQJVAAAo1SN

ESexJRnU4AAmTkZ
As well they should. They've been using LDS to recruit people.

Im scratching my head about this statement. Surely he misunderstood something.

If she can produce 1M in assets she doesn’t need a bonding company. This doesn’t make sense which is why I think he’s got it wrong.

(Snipped)

He has it correct. Collateral is required for the non-cash balance...no bondsman would put up $900k just on the honor system or they wouldn't be in business very long. Bounty hunters are paid from the bondsman's share, which is why collateral is almost always the preferred route.

"To post a Bail Bond, a defendant is usually required to pay a Bail bondsman 10% of the bail amount.

The Bail bondsman will then secure the rest of the bail amount in the form of collateral. If the defendant does not have enough collateral, the Bail Bondsman might seek out relatives and friends to assist in covering the bail.

If defendant fails to appear in court: The Bail Bond is forfeited and the court requires the remaining 90% of the bail to be paid. The Bail Bondsman will use the defendant’s collateral (house, jewelry, stocks, etc) to pay the court the remaining bail amount."

What Is A Bail Bond & How Do They Work?

Michael Avenatti got his own cell, at least at first. And for all his alleged millions in fraud, not one violent act. It’s to protect the facility as well as the perpetrator. High profile perps are often a target of abuse by other inmates, and the facility could be sued if it came about they placed the perps in a dangerous situation knowingly.
I think the bullet proof vest tells us a lot about LE concerns. Outside and inside the jail. I believe they will try to “protect” her if she bails out as well. ;)

If something happened to Chad she would though right?
It depends. The house would be part of his estate, and if he has a will that leaves it to her the mortgage would still need to be paid off. She has no income that we know of, so she wouldn't be able to refinance and get a mortgage of her own. Maybe he has a life insurance policy payable to her that would allow her to pay off the mortgage... but I suspect if he is that stupid that she would have better uses for the money. Bottom line, the house would probably have to be sold to pay off the mortgage.

If he doesn't have a will leaving it to her, then there are state laws regarding the distribution of the estate and generally his kids would get a share. The mortgage on the house would still need to be paid off.

Good question and I'm not positive of the answer, but in theory the mortgage payment is, as someone else said above, for PITI. Principal (paying down the balance), interest, taxes, and insurance. The PI portion the bank takes immediately and throws into their pile of money. The TI part is an addition to an escrow balance associated with that morgage. In theory the escrow amount goes up, then drops down when they make a tax payment or pay an insurance premium on your bahalf. They're pretty good at estimating how much is going to be needed and your payment amount for the TI portion is evaluated and adjusted, if needed, each year. While it is possible that the escrow balance might come up short when a payment from it is needed, that shouldn't happen if you are keeping up to date on your payments. I think *if* it were to happen and you were up to date on your payments there is a good chance that the mortage company would let your escrow balance go negative for a short time, but for sure your payment amount will be going up to prevent it from happening again. If you're behind on your payments and that's why the escrow balance is short, I can't guess what they might do, but certainly not making the payment seems to be a potential response.

Having said all of that, I'm wondering how sure we are that the payment hasn't been made on the taxes. Is it possible that the report in the PDF isn't update that often? If the mortgage company got the payment to the county a bit late, could it have been paid and just not updated yet? I'm also kind of amazed at how big the report is for presumably only people who are late with their property taxes from last year given how taxes normally get collected and paid for those with mortgages and the low population and relative few houses in Fremont County. (I realize that other land and buildings also have property tax on them, but also thing the vast majority of land in Fremont County is government land, primarily federal.)

The file is big because it's everyone in the county currently late on their taxes going back to the year 2012: http://www.co.fremont.id.us/departments/treasurer/unpaidlisting.pdf

Chad's name didn't appear on this list until Feb. Read the rules on this page: Fremont County Treasurer

The bottom corner of the doc shows a print date of 03/02/2020, which indicates to me that was when it was last updated and is only current info as of 5 days ago. The first time I found this doc was on Feb 21 and I posted a screenshot showing the print date of 1/30/2020: ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom, arrested* #17

We may have to wait until the end of March to see if he paid it in the last 5 days and if his name falls off the list. MOO.

Taxes should be included in the mortgage payments, but what are the odds that he's not paying that either? Tammy was the financial one in the house, Lori and Chad together may not be able to fight their way out of a financial paper bag.
It is possible to opt out of escrow and pay the property tax and insurance yourself. Not many people do this, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18