Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VINELink

LORI N VALLOW
Custody Record
jpeg

Age46
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
ID: Madison County Sheriff's Office
ID Number174174
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody DetailMadison County Detention Center

I kinda am a bit surprised she is still parked in jail wearing orange just from how her attorney acted in court. They seemed pretty confident and were asking basically what bail company to use and blah blah. Now nobody wants to sign over their house, property or cash to get her out. Can we imagine the tantrums going on in Madison County Jail with this woman ? Remember, she is NOT from the area, this is NOT her community, she is an outsider that helped bring drama to a nice town. MOO
Posted 9 hours ago. from the article: "Gilbert and Chandler Police Departments confirm detectives will be heading up to Salt Lake City this week to meet with other agencies involved in this case."

Question for anyone with knowledge: at what point does Lori have to actually answer the direct question of where the kids are? I get that there are procedural hearings, but where does the rubber finally meet the road?

They can't ever make her answer. She has the right to to remain silent. That's one reason why I was half-hoping she would make bail. IMO she's more likely to talk if confined in a house with an ankle monitor and dependent on others who she thinks are supporting her. All it takes is the right person to gain her trust. A friend or family member of hers who is cooperating with LE could even wear a wire and try to get it out of her in a non-threatening manner (i.e. pretending to be her ally). I don't see Lori as the type to make friends in jail and talk to cellmates. She may attempt to befriend the guards and flirt with any that are male. But she won't be spilling what happened to JJ and Tylee as long as she is in jail. She knows she is being recorded in jail and in all of her telephonic visits. She's able to control herself when she knows she is being recorded. In 2007 when she was ordered by a family court to have cameras set up in her and Charles' home, due to "strange goings-on" the cameras caught nothing out of the ordinary. Lori has played this game before and won. IMO she is getting a thrill out of knowing and withholding. It's sick and frustrating. :mad::(
MOO.

I just want to shout: "Where are JJ & Tylee!?!"

Last edited:
With the gap between disappearances of Tylee and JJ I am quite encouraged that they will be able to find them. I would imagine that if a killer has found a good hiding place for one body, he will make use of that place a second time, rather than risking looking for a new place. Which means two trips to the same place, much like a killer who returns to the scene of their crime. Two trips to the same place increases the likelihood of detection, and leaving a trail or a witness. Whose phone moved in the same remote area twice or whose phone was switched off for hours outside the usual course of habit? Hiding bodies is new territory for these people, increasing the chances of a mistake. JJ was at school and then he vanished. Where were our key players the night of 23rd and the day of Tylee's birthday, the 24th? Was her birthday even acknowledged by Lori? Did she make a visit to her grave? I must admit, it doesn't seem as if she would have cared.

moo

What's the relevance of Salt Lake City to the case? Is that something to do with the FBI?

I hope it's to compare notes on the toxicology reports for Tammy and AxC. She was exhumed in Utah and AxC died in AZ. Also, they could be comparing note on the travel patterns of MBP and AxC as they traveled to Utah 2x together Nov 12-14 in connection with the attempted murder on BB.

12 Nov 2019, around 6 pm - LE documents say Lori’s niece, Melani (MB), trespassed onto the property of her in-laws in American Fork, UT. MB came to look for her husband BB and their kids. BB's parents took all the kids upstairs and BB told MB she could not be there. A LEO called MB on the phone and she claimed BB kidnapped her kids and she hadn’t seen them in over a month. The LEO told MB she could face criminal charges for trespassing if she returned (Fox10 Phoenix).

14 Nov 2019 – Lori’s brother **A L E X** Cox drives their niece Melani (MB) back to BB’s parents’ home in a 2020 Kia Telluride. BB’s family calls 911 to report MB is there again, ringing the doorbell, banging on the door and yelling and she was seen going into the garage. BB’s father yells “Get out of my house! The police are on their way! Get away from my door! Now!” then he tells the 911 operator “Somebody tried to kill my son three weeks ago, and we believe that she’s involved in it.” Police say they found MB coming out of the garage when they arrived on the scene. BB's family say MB brought a court order saying she could take the children. At this time, BB was in AZ. Police cited her for criminal trespassing and told her to leave the property or she would be taken into custody. Police later found cause for a domestic violence enhancement and determined MB should be arrested. MB turned herself into AFPD and was booked into Utah County Jail for the misdemeanor. She was released on $2500 bail the same day. **A L E X** posted $1950 for MB’s bail (Arizona Republic, Utah County Sheriff's Office Booking records, Fox10 Phoenix).

I didn't realise BB thought it was a paintball gun due to the sound of it.

"At first BB thought the shooter was using a paintball gun, due to the sound it made, but when he examines his car he sees a bullet hole and realizes it was a real gun with a silencer".

That is pretty coincidental to the report from Tammy only a week later. I wonder if Tammy's car was even properly examined by anyone?

ETA does the family still have Tammy's car? What if a bullet is lodged in it somewhere?
Also, I suspect the police had interviewed him as a suspect on the attempt on BB, causing him another layer of paranoia.

Why doesn't Chad go to church then? How important is the church to him? Hector Sosa jr. advised his forum members to hide their true beliefs to avoid excommunication and losing church privileges. IMO Chad is doing the same thing. How likely is it that he will want to return if he is excommunicated?
Seems to me both Chad and Lori are socially excommunicated as compared to officially.

I don't think any of us have been able to pin down exactly what Chad and Lori believe because they are not coming right out and saying it. IMO, they have beliefs that they know go against the LDS church but they are careful not to state those in public. All of the podcasts were pulled so we can't listen to them anymore.

Fox13 SLC did an in-depth series focusing on Chad's books:
FOX 13 Investigates: Do Chad Daybell’s books leave clues about missing Rexburg children?
Photos: FOX 13 Investigates: Do Chad Daybell’s books leave clues about missing Rexburg children?
FOX 13 Investigates: The Search for JJ and Tylee

East Idaho News did a lengthy article with interviews:
: A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

And then there is the recent article about the website Chad was associated with that shut down:
FOX 13 Investigates: Website associated with Chad Daybell and his followers shuts down

Finally, you can read Chad's blog posts from 2015. His blog has been made hard to navigate, with no links to the posts, but all the posts are still up last I checked:

1- How it all began | cdaybell.com
2- Stay out of the water | cdaybell.com
3- A voice in the cemetery | cdaybell.com
4- How I met Suzanne Freeman | cdaybell.com
5- Great success, then disaster | cdaybell.com
6- Publishing Julie Rowe’s books | cdaybell.com
7- Elder Drago and a special visitor | cdaybell.com
8- Halos and Hector Sosa | cdaybell.com
9- Miracles still happen | cdaybell.com
10- A cemetery courtship | cdaybell.com
11- Scott Mitchell is Alive Again | cdaybell.com
12- “Don’t forget about me!” | cdaybell.com
13- Eddie and the ghost boy | cdaybell.com
14- Following the path to . . .Idaho? | cdaybell.com
15- A messenger in the temple | cdaybell.com
16- Paving the way to Paradise | cdaybell.com
17- Writing “The Great Gathering” | cdaybell.com
18- Finding joy in the last days | cdaybell.com
Behind the Scenes of Escape to Zion | cdaybell.com
The last footnote on #18:

“During these trials, there will be moments of Sadness, Anger, Despair, and even Fear, but I assure you these events are all meant to bring us Joy.”

— Chad Daybell

Also, I suspect the police had interviewed him as a suspect on the attempt on BB, causing him another layer of paranoia.

Just to pile on, AxC was evicted from his house in San Tan Valley. Those proceedings began on 9/26 and the last court entry was 10/22. It's small in the grand scheme of things. It looks like he was served on 10/1, but I can't work out if that was in person. As that would put AxC in AZ on the 1st.

Case Activity
Date Description Party
10/22/2019 WRIT - SERVED D 1
10/17/2019 WRIT - GRANTED D 1
10/17/2019 Receipt# P00003472 generated for the amount of $ 2.80 P 1
10/15/2019 Receipt# P00003445 generated for the amount of $ 125.00 P 1
10/15/2019 RESTITUTION - WRIT REQUESTED P 1
10/4/2019 EVICTION ACTION JUDGMENT D 1
10/1/2019 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED P 1
9/26/2019 Case Initiated - COMPLAINT D 1
9/26/2019 Case Initiated - COMPLAINT P 1
9/26/2019 Folder Created D 1
9/26/2019 Receipt# P00003107 generated for the amount of $ 55.00 P 1
9/26/2019 RECEIVABLE GENERATED FOR $55.00 P 1

Ok so MBP and AxC stayed in Rexburg apartments until when? We know AxC was back in Az by December, when he died there. Also, MBP moved in to her apartment after the last sighting of the kids, so didn't she think to ask her aunt where her cousins were? And what was Lori's response? There are still other people lying in this conspiracy IMO.

Lori and Alex were seen loading up AxC's truck on Nov 26 after the welfare check. Lori's apt had furniture left in it but AxC's apt was cleaned out except a few items in the garage. My opinion is that is when Alex left Rexburg. He married in Las Vegas Nov 29th and asked to change his name to Pastenes on the marriage record. I believe he thought he could hide by changing his name. This move by AxC is why I don't think he committed suicide. His location was unknown by LE at that point. His new wife's son didn't even know they were married and didn't know AxC's last name. There's no reason he would go to all that trouble of staying on the downlow only to kill himself because Tammy's body was exhumed. MOO.

As far as MBP and what she knows, I agree it seems like she should know something of value but she may not really know the truth. She may have been lied to and brainwashed by Lori. MBP didn't move to the townhouse-apts until Nov 4th. Lori could have told her JJ was with his grandma and Tylee was at BYU-Hawaii. The same lies Lori told others could have been told to MBP. The real question for me is why hasn't there been a breaking point where MBP has realized that Lori lied to her? Why hasn't she been pleading for her cousins to be found? And where does she think they are now? The answers may have to do with the attempt on BB's life and the trespassing charges MBP incurred while trying to get her own children. MBP may be staying silent because if she turns on Lori, then Lori may turn on her. Lori was in possession of the Jeep used in the attempted shooting of BB and it was impounded in Rexburg. So Lori at least knows who took the Jeep down to AZ and brought it back. She's got that as blackmail to hold over MBP. MOO.

So there may be digital evidence linking Alex to both Tammy's and Charles' deaths. We already know that Alex killed Charles, he even admitted it himself. What could this electronic evidence mean? If Alex sent or received an incriminating message (or more) before Charles' death, how come that the other person involved isn't mentioned? Similar question in Tammy's case, where phone pings could be also an indication that Alex was close to the scene.

They had to have been tipped off. Guess I never thought they would have flown back, however. I have thought Alex too much a zombie now, to feel any need for suicide... but ZP? She was always bonded to Lori more deeply than Alex (imo). I think she would have done anything... and most likely had access to any poison or whatever that might have been in Alex' possession... And she could have been instructed to "overload" the poison and then get rid of it... She was "conveniently" missing from the house when Alex actually died.

Does anyone know if there was a life insurance policy on Alex's life? Was he an independent trucker, or did he work for a company that might have that kind of benefit for employees? Was there a policy purchased on his life after his recent marriage? And if so, any payout?

Just to pile on, AxC was evicted from his house in San Tan Valley. Those proceedings began on 9/26 and the last court entry was 10/22. It's small in the grand scheme of things. It looks like he was served on 10/1, but I can't work out if that was in person. As that would put AxC in AZ on the 1st.

Case Activity
Date Description Party
10/22/2019 WRIT - SERVED D 1
10/17/2019 WRIT - GRANTED D 1
10/17/2019 Receipt# P00003472 generated for the amount of $ 2.80 P 1
10/15/2019 Receipt# P00003445 generated for the amount of $ 125.00 P 1
10/15/2019 RESTITUTION - WRIT REQUESTED P 1
10/4/2019 EVICTION ACTION JUDGMENT D 1
10/1/2019 PROOF OF SERVICE FILED P 1
9/26/2019 Folder Created D 1
9/26/2019 Receipt# P00003107 generated for the amount of $ 55.00 P 1

Per the fabulous time-line @Gardener1850

1 Sept or 2 Sept 2019 - Lori moved with children JJ and Tylee, along with Alex and a friend from AZ to Rexburg, ID (Fox 13 Salt Lake City; Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc).

2 Sept 2019 – Labor Day.

Good reminder - when he set the bail (thankfully just out of reach) he mentions quite clearly that the fact she is contempt of the court order to produce the children carried a lot of weight in his decision as it should!!!!

I had to watch again. When the Judge says $1,000,000, LV starts long blinking periods for about a minute afterward. The atty, Edwina, looks at LV and all LV does is continue extended closed eye blinking. I would say LV is feeling this, contrary to outward appearances.

Per the fabulous time-line @Gardener1850

1 Sept or 2 Sept 2019 - Lori moved with children JJ and Tylee, along with Alex and a friend from AZ to Rexburg, ID (Fox 13 Salt Lake City; Affidavit of Probable Cause Doc).

2 Sept 2019 – Labor Day.

I haven't researched any of this, so I'm being lazy when I ask...Do we know why AxC was evicted? That's a long process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo