Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And is there any time limit of asking for bail reduction? For example, if more information comes to light before May, from outside the courtroom, can the court increase the bail? Or if something comes to light in Lori's best interests, can she again try to force a reduction?

Anyone can ask for a change anytime the circumstances are altered. I don’t think the prosecution will ask for an increase—a million dollars is high already.

Nope. Lawyer can't lie in court, so lawyers don't necessarily want to know the truth.

I don’t do criminal defense trial work, but here’s a good explanation of how it works: Representing a Client the Lawyer Thinks Is Guilty

If I am Lori (and CD et al), I would have the attorneys request a delay of court dates until after July 21, 2020 (projected date of end time).
RSBM

I have seen the end of time here as July 20, July 21, and July 22 of 2020. Out of curiosity does anyone have the actual date CD advertises?

I have done some reading of other "doomsday prophets" since I started following this case. I had no idea there are so many people out there doing this. I was reading one prophet who had visions of the end of days being in 2018. She sold books, held seminars, put together terrible PowerPoint presentations, etc showing the logic (to her) of the exact time. The world didn't end so her new date is 2022, but according to her timeline we have already witnessed lots of terrible things that haven't actually happened so new revision due soon. She has several books for sale, all with great reviews, so people are still giving her their money. I did a shallower dive on another "prophet" and it seems like to be a prophet you have to be particularly bad at science, and pretty bad at math, history, government, etc.

For any of you who read CD's writing, does he lay out an end of times chain of events? And as pointed out earlier, if you did read his writing, thanks for taking one for the team.

If I were a prosecuting attorney. In my 'whatever' you call it end of case delivery to the jurors. Ask. Did she show grief when JR died? Did she allow her daugher to grieve? 2. Did she grieve CV when he was killed (whether her kids saw it or not, they were nearby) did she allow grief for the kids who loved him, or show grief? 3. Did she grieve her brother? Allow grief for her children? 4. Why did CDs kids say she helped them grieve Tammy's death? Out of character for her to help the latter. So grief was only allowed for Tammy. Tell the jurors this.

Thanks for that. So that is quite likely then IMO. So maybe the one who has stayed could be doing it pro bono perhaps, as has been suggested also.

Means Law is based out of Meridian, ID, a roughly 4.5 hour drive, windshield time in a car. Even using a small plane, it is still significant amount of time and cash to travel to Rexburg, ID. And hotels...it will be interesting how long Chad keeps doling out the cash. And how long this attorney wants the case. I don't see "pro bono" here.

If I were a prosecuting attorney. In my 'whatever' you call it end of case delivery to the jurors. Ask. Did she show grief when JR died? Did she allow her to grieve? 2. Did she grieve CV when he was killed (whether her kids saw it or not, they were nearby) did she grieve? Did she allow grief for the kids? Send them to grief therapy? 3. Did she grieve her brother? Allow grief for her children? 4. Why did CDs kids say she helped them grieve Tammy's death? Out of character for her to help the latter.
I think most likely they were just repeating what Chad said, that she was helping them grieve, rather than anything she actually did. Poor kids are definitely grasping at straws here. Although, others have said Lori is very charming and fun in the beginning of knowing her. She certainly wasn't doing it for altruistic reasons. MOO

First time poster… I have re read the court documents from February 2020 - BB’s response to MB’s Petition to Modify Legal Decision Making and Child Support… I wonder if someone can explain to me what BB means in Line 15 (see snip below) “Mother only now comes forward as she feels the suspicious death of her uncle who was the shooter in the incident involving children, has somehow freed her from her role in the attempt on Father’s life”.

I did not think that BB’s children were with him when he was shot at on Oct 2nd, 2019. Based on what I have read any shooting AC was involved in - BB, TD or CV did not involve children so I am confused by this choice of words. I suppose Tylee and JJ were home when CV was shot– so is that is being referred to?
View attachment 238457

Welcome to WS! You picked a doozy to join us on. :)

First time poster… I have re read the court documents from February 2020 - BB’s response to MB’s Petition to Modify Legal Decision Making and Child Support… I wonder if someone can explain to me what BB means in Line 15 (see snip below) “Mother only now comes forward as she feels the suspicious death of her uncle who was the shooter in the incident involving children, has somehow freed her from her role in the attempt on Father’s life”.

I did not think that BB’s children were with him when he was shot at on Oct 2nd, 2019. Based on what I have read any shooting AC was involved in - BB, TD or CV did not involve children so I am confused by this choice of words. I suppose Tylee and JJ were home when CV was shot– so is that is being referred to?
View attachment 238457

I took this as the AC shooting CV where Ty&JJ were involved because they were "witnesses". Even though they allegedly didn't see the shooting, they did allegedly witness the argument before. However I do remember hearing BB say something about "adults and children alike dropping like flies" and have been very curious about who he was referencing then.

Means Law is based out of Meridian, ID, a roughly 4.5 hour drive, windshield time in a car. Even using a small plane, it is still significant amount of time and cash to travel to Rexburg, ID. And hotels...it will be interesting how long Chad keeps doling out the cash. And how long this attorney wants the case. I don't see "pro bono" here.

Maybe he'll use the bus that no one is getting thrown under. :)

But I agree. When I saw 3 attorneys, all of them from the Boise area, it didn't make a lot of sense at first. Thinking it through, I can see how there might be concern that defense attorneys in eastern Idaho might not want the case though. And once they start looking for someone outside of that they would have a limited number to choose from (assuming number of attorneys is roughly proportional to population) except for the Boise area. The only population centers that might have a few attorneys to chose from other than that are going to be out of state and presumably most of those attorneys not members of the Idaho bar.

MOO

But I agree. When I saw 3 attorneys, all of them from the Boise area, it didn't make a lot of sense at first. Thinking it through, I can see how there might be concern that defense attorneys in eastern Idaho might not want the case though. And once they start looking for someone outside of that they would have a limited number to choose from (assuming number of attorneys is roughly proportional to population) except for the Boise area. The only population centers that might have a few attorneys to chose from other than that are going to be out of state and presumably most of those attorneys not members of the Idaho bar.

MOO

Where's Twin Falls again? There's a defense attorney under the federal crimes search.

Idaho Federal Crimes Lawyers on Lawyer Legion

Thank you. That was the point I was trying to make. That Lori with all her lies is a big disadvantage as a client. I imagine any attorney wants to win their case. She doesn’t make things any easier

IIRC one of the requests to get bonded was to give proof of life to the bond agent (at their request as one part of them putting their neck out).
Which .... nah,,, getting bonded out ain't really that important. Thanx tho!

MOO

LV may do well to go PD route. The court would have to bear the burden of costs.

MOO
Good joke :-)

Perhaps he will look for the trial to move to Boise then, as suggested by others.

What if it's not a recent camp but a property--say a large ranch--that's been in someone's family for years? That would be a lot harder to trace and they'd need more specific information to get a search warrant.

Feds are going to have their digital prints up the ying yang, it will all be exposed. My thought on their "place of refuge".... it's a condo in Kauai, TYVM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatariMama