Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #30

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agree the guy is way out of his depth. He should be litigating this case in the media but they seem to have no strategy at all. Which makes me wonder if the defence just intends to eat these charges and offer no active defence. Because the problem is, if they start trying to make an active defence about where the kids are that could really place them in a bad place when murder charges drop.
bbm. Do you mean murder of the children, or the other murders here?

Not exactly sure how to answer, since you're responding to a post that seemingly refers to issues outside of normal LDS church channels, but asking a question that seems to be very directly referring to things within normal LDS church channels.

So I'll answer the only way I think the question can be answered (in reference to normal LDS church channels): executive secretaries have no access to funds. Those are handled through the congregation's bishop and ward clerk (or stake president and stake clerk at a higher ecclesiastical scale).

The post just made me think of fraud and embezzlement and prompted my question. I wasn't actually replying but just jumping off it, which happens a lot to me on WS.

I am wondering if he did the accounts or admin for example, wrote cheques to pay bills for someone else to sign, handle accounts or banking money and cheques for funerals or burials etc. He was an experienced Sexton so presumably had done that previously. He also had a previous computer job. He obviously was short of money at one point when they declared bankruptcy, hence my question. If I was anything to do with that ward I would be getting an independent audit done. Maybe they have already done that? MOO.

Last edited:
If you click on the story from Herbets twitter
It states "they hav'nt received Tammy's autopsy results yet" it doesn't say it's not finished, unless I'm reading this wrong.
Idaho Attorney General investigating murder, conspiracy in Tammy Daybell's death
And Justin’s article that I linked to yesterday,(Idaho AG's Office taking over probe into death of Chad Daybell's 1st wife), stated the results have not been released yet, which made me smile, as I read it as the possibility that LE has them. We are so focused on any news that moves towards justice for these victims that every word has the weight of collective disappointment or joy in unison.

Happy Easter and Passover to all who observe and for all you Sleuthers, may peace and good health find you on this Spring day.

"Bond reduction hearing scheduled for Lori Vallow Daybell | East Idaho News" Bond reduction hearing scheduled for Lori Vallow Daybell | East Idaho News

This has probably been posted but here it is if not. Her bail hearing is on 17 April.

"Courthouses in Idaho are currently operating at reduced levels due to a Supreme Court order in relation to COVID-19. Only limited hearings are being held and public access is extremely limited. The order expires April 15, two days before Daybell’s hearing, but could be extended if Gov. Brad Little alters his stay-home order.

The hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. at the Madison County Courthouse."

Tammy really was an unusually spectacular and kind person, I am so hoping the autopsy results will bring some justice to her life story. MOO.

We must forever cherish Tammy. She had given so much of her life, and to be taken from all who loved her, by lust and treachery. I still "see" CD behavior as she lay dying, and I cringe when "seeing" her children still defending him. I know others feel more empathy for all her kids have been through...but I so want them to unite, cherish and praise her above all their mixed feelings.

The post just made me think of fraud and embezzlement and prompted my question. I wasn't actually replying but just jumping off it, which happens a lot to me on WS.

I am wondering if he did the accounts or admin for example, wrote cheques to pay bills for someone else to sign, handle accounts or banking money and cheques for funerals or burials etc. He was an experienced Sexton so presumably had done that previously. He also had a previous computer job. He obviously was short of money at one point when they declared bankruptcy, hence my question. If I was anything to do with that ward I would be getting an independent audit done. Maybe they have already done that? MOO.

I never even thought about these questions. Thanks for the give and take. It is an interesting issue...

We must forever cherish Tammy. She had given so much of her life, and to be taken from all who loved her, by lust and treachery. I still "see" CD behavior as she lay dying, and I cringe when "seeing" her children still defending him. I know others feel more empathy for all her kids have been through...but I so want them to unite, cherish and praise her above all their mixed feelings.

Agree so much with this sentiment! SMH. The hoops once must jump through to believe their dad is innocent multiply weekly. Indicting CD might puncture their denial and allow healing to begin.

Last edited:
Agree so much with this sentiment! SMH. The hoops once must jump through to believe their dad is innocent multiple weekly. Indicting CD might puncture their denial and allow healing to begin.
The anxiety and tension builds... waiting for the murder indictment hammers to drop. It will be a relief when they do. Like to see it before Memorial day! If not just for the significance.

ANYTHING CD, LVD and Ax touched should be getting thoroughly investigated, as anyone associated with any of them!

I recall LE in Arizona saying they'd like to speak again with Tylee about the death of CV. Can she be subpoenaed? Does a subpoena of a minor go through the custodial parent? It is does, does it bind to that parent, and would that parent then have to produce the child to comply with the subpoena? And if said custodial parent refuses, can this lead to an additional charge against her?

All wards require two signatures of the bishopric (comprised of Bishop and his two counsellors) for any transaction. This ward has sufficient numbers to require a separate clerk for general matters (ward Clerk), finance matters (ward Finance Clerk), and membership matters (ward Membership Clerk). The only ones with access to finances in the ward are the Finance Clerk and Bishop. The ward Executive Secretary ONLY handles scheduling and appointments for the Bishop. The ward Clerk takes notes at meetings. There's no possible way CD as ward Executive Secretary would have had access to finances without other eyes on those matters.

Additionally, all wards are independently audited at least yearly during the Ward Conference process (ours happened in January 2020). Ward audit was approved and accepted.

I can appreciate the concern that POIs who have exhibited strange, unanswered behavior, and even alleged activities that are apparently criminal. It would be of greater concern if the issues you bring up could be possibly true. However, I'm confident that this was not the case. I appreciate the concerns as such would 1) implicate a further spread of influence, and 2) taint those innocents who would of necessity be involved in such activity. Thankfully, again, based on the points I've raised, I am confident that such activities did not occur while CD was ward Executive Secretary.

ANYTHING CD, LVD and Ax touched should be getting thoroughly investigated, as anyone associated with any of them!
I can assure you that this has already happened and is continuing. Still, we must protect all the innocent. Those who are NOT POIs to LE are victims as well.

I recall LE in Arizona saying they'd like to speak again with Tylee about the death of CV. Can she be subpoenaed? Does a subpoena of a minor go through the custodial parent? It is does, does it bind to that parent, and would that parent then have to produce the child to comply with the subpoena? And if said custodial parent refuses, can this lead to an additional charge against her?
Seems like a good idea, perhaps the AZ AG needs to take over the case there? I hope they do! Quite a bit of this case involves AZ, so far the performance of Chandler LE has not been impressive.

The headline and article are misleading (read:wrong); the AG is not taking over "Lori Vallow" case. Her case (Desertion of the kids and the rest of the be criminal charges) is out of Madison County, this is Fremont County handing over the investigation into murder, conspiracy, and attempted murder (presumably TD), and both Chad and Lori are listed as defendants.

She does not have custody right now, so moot point.

All wards require two signatures of the bishopric (comprised of Bishop and his two counsellors) for any transaction. This ward has sufficient numbers to require a separate clerk for general matters (ward Clerk), finance matters (ward Finance Clerk), and membership matters (ward Membership Clerk). The only ones with access to finances in the ward are the Finance Clerk and Bishop. The ward Executive Secretary ONLY handles scheduling and appointments for the Bishop. The ward Clerk takes notes at meetings. There's no possible way CD as ward Executive Secretary would have had access to finances without other eyes on those matters.

Additionally, all wards are independently audited at least yearly during the Ward Conference process (ours happened in January 2020). Ward audit was approved and accepted.

I can appreciate the concern that POIs who have exhibited strange, unanswered behavior, and even alleged activities that are apparently criminal. It would be of greater concern if the issues you bring up could be possibly true. However, I'm confident that this was not the case. I appreciate the concerns as such would 1) implicate a further spread of influence, and 2) taint those innocents who would of necessity be involved in such activity. Thankfully, again, based on the points I've raised, I am confident that such activities did not occur while CD was ward Executive Secretary.
That's good they have many involved in the process. From my personal experience of processes I have audited, I know how devious some frauds can be and difficult to trace, including setting up false vendors and customers etc. When did CD actually become Exec Secretary, out of interest?

Nate Eaton - Reporter
1 hr ·
One reason the AG is taking over? Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Murdoch is not running for re-election this year. If Chad and/or Lori are charged and Fremont kept the case, there would be disruption in the prosecution's team. The AG will provide continuity no matter who is elected as prosecutor.

93501322_3040165522670293_7001177720503664640_o.jpg

93052449_3040165672670278_3500181257118023680_o.jpg

92940643_3040165859336926_6972400481842757632_o.jpg

Last edited:
Nate Eaton - Reporter
1 hr ·
One reason the AG is taking over? Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Murdoch is not running for re-election this year. If Chad and/or Lori are charged and Fremont kept the case, there would be disruption in the prosecution's team. The AG will provide continuity no matter who is elected as prosecutor.

93501322_3040165522670293_7001177720503664640_o.jpg

93052449_3040165672670278_3500181257118023680_o.jpg

92940643_3040165859336926_6972400481842757632_o.jpg
I just noticed that this does not just name Lori as a defendant but Chad also.

@GoneGoldfishin' I see you have already mentioned this. Named as defendants in an investigation of conspiracy, attempted murder and murder.

I remember with the Danielle Stislicki case they had a preliminary trial for the judge to decide if the evidence was strong enough to go forward. Is that likely to happen here too I wonder?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member