Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Granted this is a very emotional case. There is a line in an old (family favorite) movie - The Labyrinth with David Bowie where one of the characters (Jim Henson's muppet type) says something to the effect of 'do not step in the bog of stench. don't ever step in the bog of stench, if you do you will never get that smell off of you'.
CD and LVD's family members and supporters stepped in the Bog of Stench and now are having a difficult time getting it off of them. (IMO)

I watched that movie with my young kids many times. Thanks.

i just think they were in the "scott free" stage of this whole thing.... Chad, the expert gravedigger was in total control, when there was no media frenzie. As always, praise God for Kay and her determination...

I have to say, I really believed this gravedigger theory was out there. I can't believe he actually did it.

Hey guys! I’m having a hard time keeping up with this thread. Can anyone link me to images with the suspicious orange item at the search? Thanks!

Love to all the friends and family of the kids. This is heartbreaking news. I was really hoping they were hidden away although I think we all knew deep down. :(

I’m going through and through the threads but I can’t find it, how many people were living in the house and who is moving out ? If allowed. It would help me to clarify if it is reasonable that no one notices bodies being buried on the property.

Just a thought, but maybe Chad planned the trip at Thanksgiving for himself, Lori, and his kids so that later he could say Well, we were gone for a whole week, anything could have happened on the property. Mind you, I think Chad did the burying or it was done in his presence at an earlier time, but it does give a time no one was there. MOO

@ Rexburg Sleuth it would actually make some sense if LE chose to act on the 9th if they got word of the planned move on the 10th.

If indeed they were monitoring all electronic's and the kids or Chad came up with this date and a planned move from the property, I can certainly see them quickly moving in to intercept and search everything being taken from that property. If only for the fact that evidence could potentially be lost, cleaned or destroyed.

I think it's possible Chad mentioned needing to fix or move/ clean something in the yard before everyone vacated. Maybe was even seen doing something in the past few days.

I'm not saying it makes any of the kids guilty of helping or hiding, simply that it puts this rush with the sealed warrant into perspective.
JMO.

First time poster here, but I joined to read up on this case. I’ve been through a lot of threads on this, and watched the Dateline show and other media. I think I’m somewhat caught up on this web of insanity.

I had to google Idaho death penalty to see if they had it. Glad to see that they do. 2 children buried in a back yard and a smug smiling mother deserve it. I just hope they don’t plead their way out of this and keep the truth of what happened to those kids from being revealed. I think it’s going to be horrific, but the truth of their most likely monstrous deaths should be told.

I think I’m supposed to add JMO so I am.

Welcome Michaelo8o8!

You have reached the most reliable source and incredible community for information and conversation on this case outside of a good law office—JMO. Treat yourself to the timeline and media thread about this case when you have the time, the where-with-all-to-know and enough ink and paper to take notes on the facts about this complex case.

If you appreciate crime like we do—it will be worth it!

I would suppose Springville feels a lot like Rexburg does today, devastated, state of unbelief, horror... Lots of phone calls and FB posts of shock and sadness. Springville is a beautiful small town and everyone is just devastated to hear about JJ and Tylee, and so so sad for Chad and Tammy's extended families MOO

Just want to thank you for your insights @Redvines86

No. I can't give the reason it was planned for today other than I know from multiple sources that it was. No. They were surprised of everything, the search, the arrest, the human remains. No it wasn't planned yesterday, but before June 1--prior to the search warrant filing. They didn't know this was coming. They are distraught. No. It isn't yet know if she was killed, nor by whose hand. Not MOO–we don't know yet.

Was the house sold or rented, ty in advance.

I do! And thank you. Spent all day finding info and really good facts here. Pretty impressed!

ETA I figured out how to quote and edit lol
Welcome Michaelo8o8!

You have reached the most reliable source and incredible community for information and conversation on this case outside of a good law office—JMO. Treat yourself to the timeline and media thread about this case when you have the time, the where-with-all-to-know and enough ink and paper to take notes on the facts about this complex case.

If you appreciate crime like we do—it will be worth it!

1D62FA5A-97A6-411C-B051-014D21314E9A.jpeg
Indeed!

Granted this is a very emotional case. There is a line in an old (family favorite) movie - The Labyrinth with David Bowie where one of the characters (Jim Henson's muppet type) says something to the effect of 'do not step in the bog of stench. don't ever step in the bog of stench, if you do you will never get that smell off of you'.
CD and LVD's family members and supporters stepped in the Bog of Stench and now are having a difficult time getting it off of them. (IMO)

I think they were a toxic mix, and both culpable. She was far more alpha and he had that humbly following the voices in my head mentality (at least publicly).

I think Chad was a man who felt very powerless in life, and reveled in the attention/ control he had over his "faithful flock" A narcissist who got in over his head... While internally being a weak spineless man... I don't think he believed all the crap he toted at all, but I think he was good at using it to manipulate those who did. And loved the power/ attention it gave him.

Lori was also a narcissist, but a completely different type, she had more of an entitled vain, outlook. Whatever she perceived as a threat to what SHE wanted must go, and she justified it with the label of evil or Demon. Limited emotional responses, classic APD in my opinion.

I honestly don't think either truly believed the crap they were selling, but it was convenient, and they preyed on those who did. MG even stated that she didn't believe Lori 100% believed the Revelation, but really "wanted" too...

It boils down to what every criminal motivation seems to.... The very human concepts of Greed, lust and sociopathy.
JMO, MOO.
I agree with the “toxic mix”. Despite their individual issues, they both seemed to have been getting through life before they met each other. Then, fairly quickly after meeting they killed their partners (IMO Tammy was murdered) and her kids (I don’t believe Alex did it). It reminds me of the Chris Watts case- he managed to seem normal before he met Nichol. Then he met her and killed his wife and two kids. There’s some factor in the combination of these couplings that cause formerly law-abiding people to commit the most heinous crimes

Thinking out loud wouldn’t the grave site be sunken ground? Our mastif passed away and we buried him in our farm. After a while his grave sunk and we filled in with more dirt. Wouldn’t it be obvious to the family living on the 3 acres to see this and put 2 & 2 together?

Yep, and it's actually simple science. Archaeologist's that dig sites always have to put extra sand bags down because as you dig, the soil becomes aerated and those tiny air pockets over time resettle and cause the depression.

Worse even for graves because of the decomp... ( Chad likely knew this, or should have being a grave digger).

I am struggling with the whole idea of CD purchasing a motor home, seeking permits for foundation laying, water, sewer/septic, and electricity all laid up to the motor home. His kids talked him into not selling the house in October, the kids are living there with him while he can't even garner enough money to bail out his wife - and they all want to move NOW?
Why go to the bank for financing for motor home, etc? Why secure permits if not planning on living on the property? None of this makes logical sense to me.

I think they were a toxic mix, and both culpable. She was far more alpha and he had that humbly following the voices in my head mentality (at least publicly).

I think Chad was a man who felt very powerless in life, and reveled in the attention/ control he had over his "faithful flock" A narcissist who got in over his head... While internally being a weak spineless man... I don't think he believed all the crap he toted at all, but I think he was good at using it to manipulate those who did. And loved the power/ attention it gave him.

Lori was also a narcissist, but a completely different type, she had more of an entitled vain, outlook. Whatever she perceived as a threat to what SHE wanted must go, and she justified it with the label of evil or Demon. Limited emotional responses, classic APD in my opinion.

I honestly don't think either truly believed the crap they were selling, but it was convenient, and they preyed on those who did. MG even stated that she didn't believe Lori 100% believed the Revelation, but really "wanted" too...

It boils down to what every criminal motivation seems to.... The very human concepts of Greed, lust and sociopathy.
JMO, MOO.
There's also the concept of Folie a Deux,or shared psychosis. Two people become so close they reinforce each other into a shared delusion that it's them against the world, and together they convince themselves to do appalling things neither would do on their own. There are many such murder cases.

I'm struck by how LV's brother was also drawn into it somehow, so I agree she may have the original psychosis and has the charisma to draw others in.

Once separated, one partner usually recovers and repudiates what they've done as being under the influence of the other: tho it depends on how loyal they still feel.

Hey guys! I’m having a hard time keeping up with this thread. Can anyone link me to images with the suspicious orange item at the search? Thanks!

Love to all the friends and family of the kids. This is heartbreaking news. I was really hoping they were hidden away although I think we all knew deep down. :(

Attachments

• 29428042-8403181-image-a-32_1591748430678.jpg
    29428042-8403181-image-a-32_1591748430678.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 4,263
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics