Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's crystal clear neither Lori nor Chad have talked to authorities where the bodies were.

IMO ...According to this, Neighbor pointed L.E. to area
Neighbor tipped off cops about 'large bonfires' on Chad Daybell's property where kids where buried | Daily Mail Online
  • Neighbor Matt Price said he recently informed detectives about the raging bonfires at Chad Daybell's property
  • He said the fires began soon after Chad's wife Lori Vallow's children JJ, seven, and Tylee, 17, disappeared last seen in September 2019
  • Price ——>>>contacted police after the two most recent fires about a month ago <<<——
  • He —->>*claimed detectives told him his information was used to secure the search warrant that eventually led to this week's discovery of the bodies *<<—-

Last edited:
Yes. When you get caught with your wife's children buried in your yard your situation is pretty bleak. And, of course, Lori is in an equally bad position now as well. There is going to be immense pressure on both of them to leverage the info they have. I predict that Lori isn't sleeping much now and is devoting her time to developing a story that will paint her in the best possible light. Unfortunately for her, that's going to be pretty much impossible given the position she has taken up to this point by refusing to provide any information whatsoever. Her best bet is probably to try and say Chad did the actual killing and pressured her into silence. I don't believe there is any plausible path to walking free again for either of them.
Perfect encapsulation of what they're facing. It really is game over. Whether it's 50 years for each child, life. etc etc, they'll never see the light of day again. And that's even IF they don't end up facing charges for Tammy and Charles.

Amended Order to Seal in Chad's case is now available on-line and has some very specific language for a court order. JMO!

The Order states: "...based upon the finding of this Court that sealing the probable cause affidavit submitted with the complaint is necessary to prevent harm to any person or persons based upon the finding of this Court..." (emphasis added).

Noting in the report, the words "may be" were scratched out and the word "is" was put in... to read "....submitted with the complaint IS necessary to prevent harm to any person or persons...
I find that interesting...

Do you mean that if he had less assets then his bond may be reduced? I didn’t hear anything about assets in the video of his hearing. Just that he had retained a private attorney rather than having an appointed one.
Sometimes actually attorneys in high profile cases do not require money up front I think because they anticipate future earnings through interviews, books, etc.
I don’t think anyone in this case will have a court appointed attorney. Jmo
It could be that they are choosing lawyers based on their (lawyers) need to reinstate their good will and name?Maybe those 2 sought CD and LVD out? JMO and Just My Observation.

Thanks, from your link, it appears that all the concrete blocks were removed from around the pit. We need a timeline of all these screenshots???

View attachment 250984
View attachment 250983

Looks like they needed room to excavate?

Do we know if remains were found by the retention pond (?) for sure? I'm assuming since a tent was up the answer is yes, but not completely sure. Jmo

Some of the many thoughts that kept me awake last night....

I never really thought that Lori was capable of living a double life -- she has never really done that because she's never really had to do it. She would tell anyone bizarre things about her life with laughter and charm. And I only realize in hindsight how disarming that can be when the words and the behavior don't match up at all. I doubt anyone has ever called her on any of the crazy stuff in her life. At least not until Charles tried -- and even he couldn't get anyone to see beyond the pretty, breezy, charming person she (also) is. Lori obviously knew not to implicate herself in the death of her own children and then laugh it off, but short of that....

Chad, on the other hand... he has much more experience living a double life than she does. And that's the total opposite of what I would have expected on the surface. How long has he been living in a home with two dead children in his backyard? Crispy white shirt/tie LDS man with a leadership position, grieving widower taking the kids to Knotts Berry Farm, Hawaiian vacationer on an extended child-free honeymoon (add a whole bunch of other stuff here), it'll all make sense later.... he's not at all who tries to pretend he is. The fiction he tried to pass off as non-fiction, all of his extremist beliefs -- so much of his life is not at all what he would like others to believe it is.

Chad and Lori are both very good at deception and manipulation, and neither one of them has any comfort at all in their own skin -- but this stuff is manifested in totally different ways in the two of them.
I agree, they are masters of deception. I think it's weird that he has a half smile on his face in his mugshot. I don't think it means he's feeling smug, I think it's his go to face, the one that sucks people in and invites people to like him. I noticed it too when Dateline were staking out his hotel in Hawaii and he gave them a grin like a little boy over his shoulder, and also partway through his charging hearing. He has perfected it to the extent that it's automatic and doesn't betray his real thoughts and feelings, IMO. I think there is a possibility he could be perceived as charming to a jury, if he's going to try and say someone else did it.

JMO

Here’s two of the photos with the orange object on the blue tarp. They were posted here (from a news source) early on Tuesday morning when the search first began.
thanks so much... was so weird....i was staring at the pictures and all of a sudden my screen went black.... big network error I guess...i JUST got back on line...
But I thought I was being "surveiled!!!

Gross: Someone on the websleuths youtube chat said that Chad transferred his home to his daughter, who stuck out her tongue at the media.

It wasn't stated it was transferred but yesterday it was posted on Kelly Vaughen and I instantly said Emma. She's gonna have a hard time living in that town...plus being a teacher.

Kelly Vaughen
@KellyVaughen

·
9m

Neighbors say a son of Chad Daybell is moving out, and one of his daughters is moving into the home.
Guessing Emma

Looks like they needed room to excavate?

Do we know if remains were found by the retention pond (?) for sure? I'm assuming since a tent was up the answer is yes, but not completely sure. Jmo

One picture shows detectives standing over the fire pit. Assuming egregious refers to a possible attempt to burn the remains as some believe; maybe they were moved to make sure there were no fragments under them?

I don't think it really matters if they were sealed in the temple or not. What matters is if they are legally married b/c if so, they cannot be compelled by the court to testify against each other.
I believe they must testify about crimes that took place before they were legally married. In that case, they will have to testify against each other.

At this point, I feel strongly that Lori took a deal (to let family know where the bodies were) or will now negotiate a worse deal (because they have the children's remains). She and Chad's money have no future. Why would she stick with him now? She will blame everything on him. She may end up being the one who tells us what happened to Tylee and JJ when she testifies against Chad. She definitely knows where they were killed. IMO

Also would not be surprised if we learn CD is on suicide watch.

I don't think her lawyer could negotiate a deal for her as he also was representing CD. It would be impossible. I'm not saying it's impossible that she was the one who opened her mouth, I'm just saying I don't think it's possible to get a plea deal as MM has to protect his client CD

They (CD & LVD) also made sure the photos were out in the public, so to the world and the LDS community they are married. And since in God’s eyes they “still” were from another life, HE was OK with it. But to the government for SSI, etc. she may not have been. Originally it has been stated that they “thought” it was going to hit the fan end of 2019 and they would not get caught. That changed to July 22? ( these dates all befuddle me and if I go look, I’ll get behind another 10+ pages!). We don’t know if they actually believed it, but makes some sense given the irrational behavior, although as I stated before they live in a different realm than most of us, so what is “sense”? All MOO, JMO

Both dates always part of the "plan" Dec 2019 for the earthquakes.... July 2020 for the "gathering.

I agree, they are masters of deception. I think it's weird that he has a half smile on his face in his mugshot. I don't think it means he's feeling smug, I think it's his go to face, the one that sucks people in and invites people to like him. I noticed it too when Dateline were staking out his hotel in Hawaii and he gave them a grin like a little boy over his shoulder, and also partway through his charging hearing. He has perfected it to the extent that it's automatic and doesn't betray his real thoughts and feelings, IMO. I think there is a possibility he could be perceived as charming to a jury, if he's going to try and say someone else did it.

JMO

We see two different things. I don't see a half smile in his mugshot. I see a man who got caught, who's evil doings finally caught up with him. I see tension in the way his mouth pulls out on each side.

Thanks, from your link, it appears that all the concrete blocks were removed from around the pit. We need a timeline of all these screenshots???

View attachment 250984
View attachment 250983

I think the first screenshot is from Tuesday, June 12th, the first day of the search and the second screenshot from Thursday, June 11th after they had finished.

The reporter in the Inside Edition video says they sent a drone over the property after investigators were done with the search.

Info posted under the Inside Edition video:

‘Published on Jun 11, 2020
Tough questions are being asked in the case of the two missing children in Idaho, where two sets of human remains were found on Chad Daybell’s land. The family says the remains are of Lori Daybell’s children JJ and Tylee, who have been missing since September. Many are wondering why Chad Daybell’s land wasn’t searched sooner, since he and his wife, Lori, have been suspects since the children went missing. The remains were located by cadaver dogs.’

Last edited:
I believe they must testify about crimes that took place before they were legally married. In that case, they will have to testify against each other.
They don’t have to testify...that’s a decision made by the defendant in conversation with their attorney.

Also, there may be additional charges for the deaths of others.

I wonder if they will try both of them together or separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966